It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Douchebag wrote:
I just picked up Rory McIlroy PGA Tour this past weekend for PS4. EA really went cheap on this game. I haven't bought a PGA/Tiger Woods game since the one where they introduced the ability to play The Masters at Augusta National (Maybe 2011 or 2012). This version does not have Augusta National, among other courses, and the number of golfers to choose from is extremely limited. Wouldn't EA's contract with the PGA give them the ability to include all golfers on the tour?

There's no Tiger, no Phil, and no on any golfing legends that were available in previous installments. Tiger or Phil and others will show up on the leaderboards when you play a tournament, but you can't play as them. :roll: :roll:

The game is still fun, but it seems much easier than previous versions. With very few courses and few golfers, cmon EA, you're not even trying anymore.

Anyone who buys an EA game gets exactly what they deserve.

I've been boycotting that company since the Madden vs 2k controversy back in the early 2000s. I doubt I've missed a single good game in the process.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I still buy NHL every year from EA but that's because I'm one of the best players in the world and everyone kisses my ass, so it feeds my ego. The game quality has gone downhill though.

I been mainly playing NBA 2k16 lately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Douchebag wrote:
I just picked up Rory McIlroy PGA Tour this past weekend for PS4. EA really went cheap on this game. I haven't bought a PGA/Tiger Woods game since the one where they introduced the ability to play The Masters at Augusta National (Maybe 2011 or 2012). This version does not have Augusta National, among other courses, and the number of golfers to choose from is extremely limited. Wouldn't EA's contract with the PGA give them the ability to include all golfers on the tour?

There's no Tiger, no Phil, and no on any golfing legends that were available in previous installments. Tiger or Phil and others will show up on the leaderboards when you play a tournament, but you can't play as them. :roll: :roll:

The game is still fun, but it seems much easier than previous versions. With very few courses and few golfers, cmon EA, you're not even trying anymore.

No Tiger makes sense, and to my knowledge Phil has never been a playable character in any of the EA golf games (or anyone who is left handed now that I think about it).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:34 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

No Tiger makes sense, and to my knowledge Phil has never been a playable character in any of the EA golf games (or anyone who is left handed now that I think about it).

The number of playable golfers has been reduced by like 75%

Last edited by Douchebag on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The playable golfers has been reduced by like 75%

That sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:32 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The number of playable golfers has been reduced by like 75%

I bet the price hasn't been reduced to reflect the lack of content.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
IMU wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I gave up on Battlefront. It was fun for a while, but I need to find a new game. The Division will be out soon, probably will be the next game to get into.

I'm interested...but I hear the Destiny comparisons and I run. I want my shooter to be a shooter...not have RPG elements negatively affect my accuracy and bullet spread.

LOL wut

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Lipid will explain it for you. Think Borderlands, if you need a comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:05 pm 

IMU wrote:

Just git gud scrub

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It's okay, he watched his roommate play it, he knows.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:12 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
It's okay, he watched his roommate play it, he knows.

What is a fasttrack man doing with a roommate?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:21 pm 

IMU wrote:

Love me some Borderlands. Only FPS I can play without getting dizzy and nauseous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Because it is barely an FPS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:

Love me some Borderlands. Only FPS I can play without getting dizzy and nauseous.

Git gud scrub. LMAO. Shut up, Meg.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:07 am 

Darkside wrote:
IMU wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I gave up on Battlefront. It was fun for a while, but I need to find a new game. The Division will be out soon, probably will be the next game to get into.

I'm interested...but I hear the Destiny comparisons and I run. I want my shooter to be a shooter...not have RPG elements negatively affect my accuracy and bullet spread.

LOL wut

Yeah I was going to leave it alone but... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:06 am 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The playable golfers has been reduced by like 75%

That sucks.

I just finished 100% of the game this past weekend, and that included taking about a 2-week break. The hardcore gamer probably could have gotten 100% of the achievements in a weekend. Its a fun game, but this is still a weak effort.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Finally started playing Fallout 4. How can people play these kind of games on consoles? I mean on the one hand you'll never know what you're missing with mods, but on the other, I'd shoot myself if I had to wait for every terminal to slowly type out on the screen instead of it popping up immediately with mods.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:47 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Bought the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball last night. Started up a league as manager and GM of the Cubs. Here are my first goals from Tom Ricketts:

1) Reach the playoffs this season (okay, that's fair)
2) Upgrade at catcher this season (yep, also fair)
3) Acquire a nationally popular player (this was already accomplished with Heyward)
4) Build a team that can bring a championship home in the next three seasons (that shouldn't be a problem)
5) Sign Jason Hammel to an extension (wait, what? So, I clicked extension... 4 years 16M. Fuck this game)