It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkbxzilVC4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Happened to check out the new iPhones today at the Apple Store, and I think I will definitely upgrade my 6 to the 6s due to the new 3D Touch feature. It's the biggest improvement to the operating system in a long time. Really speeds things up with the shortcuts you can take. Can't wait to see what third-party developers come up with for it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:25 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Got mine Friday. Ees güd.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:43 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
that wasnt the first iphone because the first iphone was thicker than that one.... so that had to be a 3 or a 4 or somthing cuz the first gen one would be "pregnant" compared to that.

i know cuz one of those bad boys came up on loot as i was leaving a cab in the city once. the cabbie was like YOU LEFT YOUR PHONE ON THE SEAT.... i look back and see an iphone and go YES I DID, THANK YOU SIR!!!! and basically it's a backup 16GB mp3 player that can use wifi to do some rudimentary apps if i want it to..... and i pretty much never want to cuz it's just fucking annoying even tho the max volume is sufficiently loud and beats my droid razr maxx HD.

btw, i love how for colbert's new this-week-in-god/religion-segment when he has all the church logos on the stained glass behind him there's an apple logo. since he's an apple guy i think it's a laugh-with-them kitschy-in-joke, but i like to think at least some writers on the staff laugh-at-them cuz holy shit apple zombies are a fucking cult. remember the roses on the ground outside of every apple store when jobs died? wowzers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
sinicalypse wrote:
that wasnt the first iphone because the first iphone was thicker than that one.... so that had to be a 3 or a 4 or somthing cuz the first gen one would be "pregnant" compared to that.

i know cuz one of those bad boys came up on loot as i was leaving a cab in the city once. the cabbie was like YOU LEFT YOUR PHONE ON THE SEAT.... i look back and see an iphone and go YES I DID, THANK YOU SIR!!!! and basically it's a backup 16GB mp3 player that can use wifi to do some rudimentary apps if i want it to..... and i pretty much never want to cuz it's just fucking annoying even tho the max volume is sufficiently loud and beats my droid razr maxx HD.

btw, i love how for colbert's new this-week-in-god/religion-segment when he has all the church logos on the stained glass behind him there's an apple logo. since he's an apple guy i think it's a laugh-with-them kitschy-in-joke, but i like to think at least some writers on the staff laugh-at-them cuz holy shit apple zombies are a fucking cult. remember the roses on the ground outside of every apple store when jobs died? wowzers.

Shows you how easy it is to get the lumpenproletariat to turn lemmings with some good marketing. If you read the history of Apple, you get some great blunders in their product line:

http://www.insearchofstupidity.com/m_products.htm

"The Apple III, introduced in 1980, was designated as the successor to Apple’s wildly successful Apple II system. It had a nice keyboard, a powerful operating system (SOS) that recognized subdirectories and supported installable device drivers (something the PC would not have until the release of DOS 2.0) and an Apple II emulation mode that allowed you to run many Apple II titles. The only trouble with the system is its memory chips tended to come loose from the motherboard. The solution? Apple released a service bulletin that advised you to pick the unit up and drop it from a height of two inches! I actually performed this operation for an irate customer and will never forget the expression on their face. (The computer worked afterwards, though.)"

"[The Macintosh Portable] Introduced in 1989 and the “brainchild” of Apple engineering head Jean Louis Gasse. No one bought it. Powered by a lead acid battery (like the one your car), it weighed 16 pounds. (Nominally. By the time you included all the things you actually needed to move around with it, you were pushing 20). It cost about $7K fully loaded."

"[The Apple Newton Message Page] The brainchild of Pepsi salesman and Apple CEO John Sculley, the Newton might have been computing’s Palm Pilot. Unfortunately, Sculley, who didn’t know any better, allowed the Newton to incorporate a hand writing recognition system any honest developer could have told him was doomed to fail. (Think about it. Can YOU even read your own handwriting? Never mind other people?) Palm came along a few years later and did this right. Ironically, Palm OS was developed on a Macintosh platform."

"[The IPod Battery] OK, you’ve bought your sleek, white, ultracool $400 Ipod and have just enjoyed the heck out of it. But alas, your hard working battery, after about 18 months of draining and recharging, has given up the ghost and gone to that big, environmentally-friendly recycling dump in the sky. So you take your Ipod to one those sleek, ultra cool Apple stores and ask to have the battery replaced. And Apple tells you 'tough luck, dude, we don’t sell those. But we’ll refurbish the unit for $250. But it’s cheaper to go out and just buy another Ipod.'

So you get really, really mad, like Casey Neistat, and you go home and create a neat little video of yourself spray-painting means things about the Ipod all over the streets of New York City. And then Apple promptly capitulates and announces it will replace the battery for a more reasonable $100.

And you wonder just why Apple thought it could ever get away with this in the first place? The motto was 'Think Different,' not 'Think Stupid.'"

On top of this, I should tell you of the horror stories trying to develop apps to go on the Apple Store. First, they used a programming language that was less than ideal, as shown by their shift over to Swift a year or so ago. Developers had to go through painful steps to get their apps tested and ready for the Apple Store process. And let me tell you, that process sucks. Apple can just reject your app if they want. They treat their partners like shit.

Along with all of this, the company is just another one that leverages sweat shops outside the U.S. Sure, they make a higher quality product than most, but it underlies what Apple does for profit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 am 

if i were to go apple, i would buy one just for the camera. it is astounding.