It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
For the past 10 years I've been supporting the underdog known as PES vs the goliath known as FIFA. 10 years ago it was universally believed that PES was the superior game, but FIFA being an EA game had all the resources and used those resources to gobble up most of the pro league licenses similar to how they drove Sega out of the NFL market back in the early 2000s. As a result FIFA gained in popularity whereas PES stagnated with is cult following. For years the summary was that PES has better gameplay but FIFA had all the bells and whistles. You could still get the proper kits with PES but you needed to download an option file to do it. Process took 10 minutes.

Over the last 10 years, FIFA has improved its gameplay whereas PES has had some bumps along the way, particularly with the PS3. During the PS3 FIFA apparently surpassed PES as a game as evidenced by the review scores during that time period.

Enter the PS4. Last year PES tore down its game and totally reconstructed it. The result was the best PES in years. Game played great and the reviewers took notice. But, FIFA was still king due to its licensing and improved gameplay, albeit not as good as PES, but good enough for the majority of fans to choose FIFA for its licenses and solid gameplay vs PES with its lack of licenses and slightly better gameplay.

Now that brings us to this year and PES has continued to massively improve its gameplay. Reviews have been spectacular with many reviewers calling it the greatest football game they've ever played. On metacritic the game is clocking in at 88 from publications and 7.2 from users...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2016

A week later it was FIFAs turn to answer. The answer was not good. The gameplay at FIFA continues to pale compared to PES and this year it actually took a step back from previous FIFAs. The reviews came in and for the first time in a long time PES is back on top! FIFA is scoring an 82 from publications and a paltry 4.2 from users.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-16

Despite this, the ignorant masses are still buying FIFA. People are stupid, there's no denying that, but it continues to amaze me how people would rather pick a game that plays worse just because they don't want to spent an hour downloading the correct kits.

I realize no one gives a shit about this thread, but its directed at the one or two posters (Kddidit and maybe one more but it could just be him) who for years have spouted on about how FIFA is better than PES despite having never even played PES. Douchebags like that are the reason a company like EA continues to ignore gameplay in all its games and instead focuses all its efforts on adding more bells and whistles to fool the ignorant masses who support such a shit company.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's called online. FIFA has had Clubs and Ultimate Team for years. Just because of those two things, PES will never be able to compete with FIFA in sales.

The FIFA gameplay this year is great and they have been tweaking the gameplay quite alot the last two years. The game is also alot prettier than PES. Most reviewers are idiots. The issue with EA Sports games is that there is always a glitch or two that make it into the game that are totally unacceptable. No one has ever doubted that PES is a good soccer simulation that is made by people that clearly love the sport but FIFA has more options to satisfy everyone.

Both franchises have been really good for half a decade now. There is no right or wrong choice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hockey Gay wrote:
It's called online. FIFA has had Clubs and Ultimate Team for years. Just because of those two things, PES will never be able to compete with FIFA in sales.

The FIFA gameplay this year is great and they have been tweaking the gameplay quite alot the last two years. The game is also alot prettier than PES. Most reviewers are idiots. The issue with EA Sports games is that there is always a glitch or two that make it into the game that are totally unacceptable. No one has ever doubted that PES is a good soccer simulation that is made by people that clearly love the sport but FIFA has more options to satisfy everyone.

Both franchises have been really good for half a decade now. There is no right or wrong choice.

Bolded is false. Most people I've talked to have said that the gameplay has regressed on FIFA this year. Also in general, the complaints I hear about FIFA gameplay is that the games appear scripted after a while. Moves and goals all end up looking the same and certain moments feel predetermined.

As for online, PES has online as well and plenty of modes. I personally don't play online so I can't really comment on them though, but I do know they exist.

Its really simple, if you are impressed with shiny things get FIFA, if you are more impressed by things that work get PES.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:23 pm 

For all of the people you claim to have said that the gameplay is bad I could easily find as many who say it's good. The game is way more realistic the last two years so it has become alot more difficult. One so so review for FIFA was the reviewer just complaining about how hard it was for him to exploit the CPU's defense.

You clearly have a bias here. Both games are good. What does it matter? And like I've said, FIFA is all about the online experience.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:24 pm 

Also, lol @ the "all the goals are the same" crap. Always the cry of a bad player who has no creativity in his offense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Since it's bascially soccer with cars.... Rocket League is some of the most fun non FPS online multiplayer i've had in a long time. defnitely worth the asking price if you have a ps4 or pc (cross platform online play is a nice bonus too). Defnitely recommend if Fifa or PES is too complicated for you (like it is for me).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I didn't buy either this year. This year PES may be better for all I know, it sure the fuck wasn't before.