It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Daytona 500 2023
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:45 am 

worst one ever. so gay. it was dumb as shit.

Post subject: Re: Daytona 500 2023
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Didn't they turn left real good?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nardi wrote:

Faster than denisdman the past few years

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:59 pm 

These new cars and all the rules... It's not a race. All the cars go the same limited speed. Theyre not riding on the bleeding edge. They're smashing into each other at 180mph and not wrecking. It's like a governed race that suddenly has a fast car towards the end of the heat (the car they choose to be fast). It's so setup it's a joke. It's faker than wrestling.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:07 pm 

It is so fake they wanted Ricky Stenhouse Jr. to win?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
IkeSouth wrote:

What a horrible take. The race was fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Left on social issues my friend....always have been. I am okay with you and your husband marrying.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Left on social issues my friend....always have been. I am okay with you and your husband marrying.

Also left on social spending, I am too on many aspects, Section 8 housing, food stamps, medicaid, medicare, social security, which is the opposite of libertarian. Libertarian social issues are indeed "do whatever you want", including getting high 24/7, but it comes with a huge caveat, don't get into their wallet because when the rubber meets the road, they truly don't give a shit about "social issues". Maybe think twice before you join the Misus Caucus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:17 pm 

Don’t you two commies realize that to not be selfish is evil and immoral? :lol:

Or that to support a basic social safety net is indecent??? Scapegoat everyone, at least everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:21 pm 

DAC wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Agreed, bad take. But I have to admit that I turned it off the first time when the start was uneventful for twenty laps. It didn’t help when I turned back to see the yellow flag laps after one of the goofy stages.

I never bothered to turn back after that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
DAC wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

What was good about it? I saw the last 15 laps at the bar and it sucked. In the "overtime" they couldn't even drive 2 laps without a crash. I guess the guy who won was leading after the last crash in the second "overtime"? Compelling stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
IkeSouth wrote:
These new cars and all the rules... It's not a race. All the cars go the same limited speed. Theyre not riding on the bleeding edge. They're smashing into each other at 180mph and not wrecking. It's like a governed race that suddenly has a fast car towards the end of the heat (the car they choose to be fast). It's so setup it's a joke. It's faker than wrestling.

These cars have too much down force. They can run flat all the way around the 1.5 mile tracks its ridiculous. Unfortunately racing isn't like other things where it gets better with time. Endurance racing peak was late 60's early 70s. Indycar was late 80s early 90s. F1 was late 80s. Nascar was 1990-2004 or so. People knock it but Nascar was legit back then. We had foreign exchange students stay with us who were total F1 snobs and we'd take them to The Brickyard of Charlotte and they'd lose their shit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:43 am 

i have no problem tweaking rules for safety.. but it's so bad in nascar it's not even a sport anymore. it's flag football. at least in F1 they are still on the verge of death at any given moment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:45 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
These cars have too much down force.

yea that was obvious. all the way around the track, the rpm's didnt whimper even a bit. theyre just holding the pedal down and hoping to not get in a wreck and see who ends up being declared the winner. its fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

I hate the engines...sorry power units...in F1 but at least they build their own chassis. If they went back to the V10s they'd have something.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:30 pm 

I used to be a huge NASCAR fan, but I just can't get into anymore. I tried watching the race this year and just not much there anymore. No more big personalities. no more rivalries.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:43 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
I hate the engines...sorry power units...in F1 but at least they build their own chassis. If they went back to the V10s they'd have something.

Something something emissions .. so no, they won't be going back. Plus the v6 turbos technically put out more power supposedly so they won't be going back to the v10 even though everyone agrees those were a special thing to witness real life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
Something something emissions .. so no, they won't be going back. Plus the v6 turbos technically put out more power supposedly so they won't be going back to the v10 even though everyone agrees those were a special thing to witness real life.

Yeah nothing can match the scream of those v10s running 20,000 rpms. The sound is a huge part of the experience going to see a race live. The "power unit" era cars sound terrible in comparison. The most powerful engines were the BMW in the mid 80s. Full boost for qualifying they'd make close to 1500 hp which is insane.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
I used to be a huge NASCAR fan, but I just can't get into anymore. I tried watching the race this year and just not much there anymore. No more big personalities. no more rivalries.

Same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:32 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Yeah nothing can match the scream of those v10s running 20,000 rpms. The sound is a huge part of the experience going to see a race live. The "power unit" era cars sound terrible in comparison. The most powerful engines were the BMW in the mid 80s. Full boost for qualifying they'd make close to 1500 hp which is insane.

:lol: I couldn’t stand BMW driver Nelson Piquet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:50 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

I'm pretty sure pound for pound the new engines are technically more impressive, but I'm with you in that sound is a big part of the racing experience. Imagine what drag racing WILL be one day when they're fully electric. They'll be faster, sure, but being there will be underwhelming compared to what it is now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
:lol: I couldn’t stand BMW driver Nelson Piquet.

Yeah he is a strange guy. He tries to be funny like saying Senna was gay and he makes an ass out of himself. He was a good driver though...its amazing there aren't any Brazilians in F1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
I'm pretty sure pound for pound the new engines are technically more impressive, but I'm with you in that sound is a big part of the racing experience. Imagine what drag racing WILL be one day when they're fully electric. They'll be faster, sure, but being there will be underwhelming compared to what it is now.

Yeah the new engines or "power units" are about 10 million dollars each so they should be pretty impressive lol. I think the F1 engine situation is a joke. They only get 3 units per year so towards end of year they're getting penalties. If I'm paying a thousand dollars plus to go to a race I want the field to start on new engines at least. Its too bad Indycar couldn't take advantage of the situation but they have their own problems. It will be interesting to see what Mercedes brings this season...their engines were dogs last year.