It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I PREDICT...

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Good driver and he sure as hell is more marketable to the target home depot shopper than Logano. Logano should get the m&m's ride and Kyle and Kurt can go form asshole brothers racing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Well, even before Joey Logano took the #20 Home Depot TOYOTA to Victory Lane at Pocono 3 weeks ago, there have been rumors suggesting that he might not be back in that car for Joe Gibbs Racing. He might not be the only driver looking for a ride for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I thought they invested a lot of time and years in the kid, I can see how he might not be ideal for the HD ride, but could Gibbs possibly field another car?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm 

Apologist wrote:
I thought they invested a lot of time and years in the kid, I can see how he might not be ideal for the HD ride, but could Gibbs possibly field another car?

According to NASCAR rules, owners can only field 4 teams. I've also heard that Ryan Newman, driver of the #39 U.S. Army Chevy, for Haas/Stewart/CNC Racing, is also a free agent after this NSCS season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm 

It is official. Matt Kenseth is indeed leaving Roush/Fenway Racing after this NSCS season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/m ... son-062612

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
IIRC Gibbs has Hamlin, Rowdy, Logano, and ??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
They'll ditch Logano and go with Kenseth.

In another likely scenario, Kyle goes crazy with the problems they are having, does something idiotic again, and gets launched to be replaced by Kenseth and move Logano to the M&M car or get Newman to replace Logano in that scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 pm 

From Jayskis:

UPDATE: Roush Fenway Racing announced that 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will compete for the team full-time in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition beginning in 2013, while Matt Kenseth and Roush Fenway will part ways at the conclusion of the 2012 season. "Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has more than proved his abilities on the race track," said team co-owner Jack Roush. "We feel that he is not only a key piece of our team's future, but a key piece of the future of the sport. Roush Fenway is an organization with a wonderful past and present, as well as an extremely promising future, and I can't think of a better candidate than Ricky to usher in the next era of success for the team. Of course, I'd like to thank Matt Kenseth for his many years of loyal service," added Roush. "Matt has been an integral part of this organization for well over a decade, and we are extremely appreciative of his accomplishments and contributions to the team, and will always consider him a part of the Roush Fenway family."(Roush Fenway Racing)(6-26-2012)

I'll be very surprised if Kenseth isn't in the #20 Home Depot car next year.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 pm 

Kenseth may be in the #20, but Logano won't be homeless. A good team will snatch him up. He's young, pretty good driver, marketable. He'l be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:02 pm 

spanky wrote:
Kenseth may be in the #20, but Logano won't be homeless. A good team will snatch him up. He's young, pretty good driver, marketable. He'l be fine.

Yea, Joey has done alright, but he was such a highly touted phenom, no one could live up to the hype & expectations everyone had for him. Home Depot wants a more mature & established driver I'm sure & Kenseth will have success in the #20 car.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 pm 

spanky wrote:

I am trying to figure out if you are Gibbs why would you want Kenseth over Logano right now?

Kenseth has been a solid driver over his career, but not spectacular, and he is clearly on the downward side of his career.

Logano is 22 yrs old and has a real bright future in front of him. Why would Gibbs not want to keep him around?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:09 pm 

RFDC wrote:
spanky wrote:

I am trying to figure out if you are Gibbs why would you want Kenseth over Logano right now?

Kenseth has been a solid driver over his career, but not spectacular, and he is clearly on the downward side of his career.

Logano is 22 yrs old and has a real bright future in front of him. Why would Gibbs not want to keep him around?

Home Depot is going to have alot to say about this. Logano is decent on the track and will get better but he is not selling home improvement supplies. Kyle should be the one to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Logano is decent on the track and will get better but he is not selling home improvement supplies.

and Kenseth will?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm 

RFDC wrote:

I actually agree with this too.

But (and this is a big "but" as this board is the most I've heard of Kenseth in the 20) - if one of the biggest sponsors in the game says we want a change, then you make a change. Unfortunately, that's how it is in NASCAR. Home Depot was sick of being destroyed by Lowes, so they pursued Edwards last year. Just how it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:13 pm 

However, as a side note -

If Gibbs were to be so dumb as to cut Kyle Busch - Hendrick would cut Kasey Kahne so damn fast and pick him up it would be hysterical. So would every other big team out there. Kyle would have to do a hell of a lot more bad things in order to lose his ride. And he has a major sponsor also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:13 pm 

spanky wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I actually agree with this too.

But (and this is a big "but" as this board is the most I've heard of Kenseth in the 20) - if one of the biggest sponsors in the game says we want a change, then you make a change. Unfortunately, that's how it is in NASCAR. Home Depot was sick of being destroyed by Lowes, so they pursued Edwards last year. Just how it is.

Good points.

Edwards I get. He really would have been perfect for Home Depot.

But Kenseth? Nah. But as you said, if they want a change, they will get a change.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 pm 

Yeah, Kenseth is the definition of bland and non-controversial. Non-contorversial is not a good thing either way in NASCAR.

Controversy = talk = ratings = $$$

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 pm 

spanky wrote:
However, as a side note -

If Gibbs were to be so dumb as to cut Kyle Busch - Hendrick would cut Kasey Kahne so damn fast and pick him up it would be hysterical. So would every other big team out there. Kyle would have to do a hell of a lot more bad things in order to lose his ride. And he has a major sponsor also.

Hendrick let him go once. He isn't bringing him back. Kyle should go drive for Smoke if Newman leaves.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:18 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Hendrick let him go once. He isn't bringing him back. Kyle should go drive for Smoke if Newman leaves.

Just for the sake of shits & giggles:

Stewart/Haas could have Stewart, Kyle, and Danica. They would be raking money and wins that would rival Hendrick. :shock: :lol: Hell they could even keep Newman as a 4th team at hat point and use his team's engineering knowledge to their advantage too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 am 

Kenseth isn't close to being on the downside of his career. He is in his prime right now & is only 40 years old. Home Depot wants a more mature driver who is in their demographic to represent their company. Matt is perfect for them. Joey would do well with a company like Monster or 5 hour energy.

Last edited by Scorehead on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Kenseth isn't close to being the downside of his career. He is in his prime right now & is only 40 years old. Home Depot wants a more mature driver who is in their demographic to represent their company. Matt is prefect for them. Joey would do well with a company like Monster or 5 hour energy.

In his prime at 40?

Ok, so name all the guys who have won championships when they are over 40.

They want someone who is going to sell merchandise, not to represent any demographic

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 am 

RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Kenseth isn't close to being the downside of his career. He is in his prime right now & is only 40 years old. Home Depot wants a more mature driver who is in their demographic to represent their company. Matt is prefect for them. Joey would do well with a company like Monster or 5 hour energy.

In his prime at 40?

Ok, so name all the guys who have won championships when they are over 40.

They want someone who is going to sell merchandise, not to represent any demographic

You don't think that Kenseth is an upgrade from Joey? It isn't even close.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 am 

Per Jaski.com:

I'm hearing thAT Kenseth will be in the #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota with Home Depot and Dollar General as the primary co-sponsors. Current driver Joey Logano could end up in a 4th JGR Toyota or could head elsewhere, such as the #22 Penske Racing Ford if A.J. Allmendinger doesn't return to that ride in 2013.(7-11-2012)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 am 

It looks like Matt Kenseth will be announced as the new driver of the Joe Gibbs Racing #20 Home Depot car Tuesday Sept. 4th. Logano or Edwards are rumored to take over the Penske #22.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:08 am 

I guess the helmet throw was the official Tony Stewart seal of approval on the switch to his old sponsor.

I wonder where Joey Bread will be taking his services to. He is still very young and shows promise and the ability to win but there is no chance in hell he appeals to any demographic that sponsors want to target.