It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why do you watch NASCAR?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I'm serious. With the Cubs set up to lose 110 this year,I need a diversion. It's either NASCAR,Pro Bowling or Wrasslin'. What is there to look for in NASCAR besides guys hitting the wall? Do you see strategy being used? I have watched in the past,it's just left turns. Tell me what I'm missing in NASCAR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Danica & the crashes.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
It used to be just left turns for me till I learned a little more about it. I was always deriding it calling it a non sport till I learned about the strategy of fuel use,pitting,tire wear. I mean it is intense when you really get into a race. I used to just have it on and occasionally pay attention. Now I am glued and can tell the difference in driving styles and track strategies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Every race is different. Think of it like a book. It has a scheduled distance of laps. Think of them as pages. I am a long time stock car racing guy and watch every week because I don't know what is going to happen from race to race. You have to learn the tracks. They will tell you what kind of story it is going to be. Next weeks race in Bristol will be lots of contact and hurt feelings, being a half mile track with 36 degree banking. A thousand u turns at 150 mph. Them is good times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:17 pm 

Is "restrictor plate" racing the most dangerous because it makes the cars slower or is that incorrect?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Those races make the cars not able to separate from each other. It limits their speed and acceleration. The dangerous part is when somebody at the front spins and wrecks the entire field. Google the Talladega Oct 2013 race, huge wreck on the final turn. A five million dollar wreck.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:24 pm 

I'll try to catch some this weekend. I get tired of flipping through 132 channels and not finding anything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Because I'm visiting my girlfriend's family and I don't have control of the remote?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
If you're serious about it jimmy, you have to give it 4 or 5 races to get a feel for the issues that can come up during a race.

Nobody can explain why the NFL is great in 2 paragraphs. You have to see it and understand what a great play is by watching. It took me about 6-10 races to get hooked.

What I liked about it was, after I had kids, it was difficult to follow the everyday sports where games are constant. This is much like the NFL where you can, at minimum, dedicate 3-4 hours/week and be up to speed on everything going on in the sport.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
jimmypasta wrote:
I'm serious. With the Cubs set up to lose 110 this year,I need a diversion. It's either NASCAR,Pro Bowling or Wrasslin'. What is there to look for in NASCAR besides guys hitting the wall? Do you see strategy being used? I have watched in the past,it's just left turns. Tell me what I'm missing in NASCAR!

Go to a race, but don't just go for the race. Go early & tailgate. Take in the entire experience. It's great.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan