It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dogecoin Rides Again!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
yep, they got that dogecoin on the hood...

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/3/2 ... ega-reddit

Doge is entering the world of NASCAR. Talladega will never be the same.

NASCAR and sponsorship run hand-in-hand. The high costs of racing a car means that wrapping it in corporate logos is of vital importance. What happens when you don't have a sponsor? You can try and do as best you can, or you can let the internet help you by wrapping your car in a Shiba Inu meme.

(1) What is happening?
The folks at r/dogecoin discovered that Josh Wise and the No.98 car were without a sponsor. They made it their mission to raise the $55,000 needed to cover his car in their beloved dogecoin for one race. Now they've met that goal, and the aim is to wrap the No. 98 for Talladega.

(2) WTF is a dogecoin?
"Dogecoin" is one of several peer-to-peer cryptocurrencies, much like bitcoin. The main distinction is that dogecoin is based on and embraces the popular "doge" meme. One dogecoin is worth a fraction of one cent.

The Verge, our sister site, can explain virtual currency in much greater detail.
http://www.theverge.com/tag/virtual-currency

(3) Why?
To increase awareness of dogecoin and for the joy of seeing a beloved meme hurtling around the track for three hours. From the original thread on Reddit:

It is known for its big one and it's exciting. Now imagine a Doge. A Doge that is going 200 MPH into victory lane. Anyone can win Dega. Underfunded or not, for example last years race where David Regan and the underfunded team brought home the win. Now imagine on TV. DOGE DOGE DOGE DOGE DOGE every time he talks about his car. "This Doge Ford Fusion is fast today." Every time they talk about the car.
This isn't the first fundraising spearheaded by the dogecoin community. Previously, they've sent the Jamaican bobsled team to Sochi, raised money to supply needy families with service animals and gathered $30,000 to help supply clean water to Kenya.

(4) How?
A funding page was set up to accept dogecoin donations and regular, boring monetary offerings. It certainly helped that the founder of a cyrptocurrency trading site accidentally donated 22 million coins (just over $15,000 worth). Roughly 1,200 people helped reach the goal of 67.5 million dogecoins.

(5) What's next?
Fundraising organizer Kevin Dusenberry has told SBNation.com that the car will run in the Aaron's 499 at Talladega on May 4.

A design competition will take place to help determine how the car will look on race day. Some fans have already started creating designs of their own, including this one.

Last edited by donspiracy on Thu May 15, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This would get me to tune into a race... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:56 am 

Why is Pasta putting his dog on a car?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I don't even understand what that is. Like, I can read the words, but for practical purposes, it's like a string of random letters and numbers that makes no sense whatsoever. That's sort of how I feel reading the board of late, everything is a reference to other references that nobody is cool enough to comprehend.

Then there are other things which involve judging or voting, and like anything CSFMB-related, it's best to just assume their are some kind of shenanigans involved and move on, yet there are still people lodging complaints about fairness?.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:45 pm 

^ i think i'm going to just start posting that exact post, as a general response to everything

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 pm 

Apologist wrote:
^ i think i'm going to just start posting that exact post, as a general response to everything

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Very Shibe.
So Menacing!
Zoom fast.
Many Laps.
Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
This is like White Sox seating.

I bet Goodyear paid like $50K or more to have a 6 inch section above the tires. Are they OK with someone paying $50K for the Hood?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:09 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
bigfan wrote:

I bet Goodyear paid like $50K or more to have a 6 inch section above the tires. Are they OK with someone paying $50K for the Hood?

The teams go through about 10 sets of Goodyear Racing Eagles per race. They are $2000 a set. Yes the teams have to buy the tires. Although the Sunoco race fuel is given to the teams for free.

Fifty grand seems very light to sponsor the whole car. I was under the assumption that it was more like 300K per race to get full sponsorship.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
donspiracy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The teams go through about 10 sets of Goodyear Racing Eagles per race. They are $2000 a set. Yes the teams have to buy the tires. Although the Sunoco race fuel is given to the teams for free.

Fifty grand seems very light to sponsor the whole car. I was under the assumption that it was more like 300K per race to get full sponsorship.

By the time the race goes off, the DogeCoin should be worth nearly 300k. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
At the track album:
http://imgur.com/a/ecIXK

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:50 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
http://deadspin.com/dogecoin-stock-car- ... 594865/all

Quote:
And that's why I don't watch NASCAR

Quote:
BigGulpsHuh
That's unfortunate you feel that way. A lot of really smart people behind the sport, as well.

wow

much bernstein

such catchphrases

so suspicious

much comma

very weird

help

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:34 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... josh-wise/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSUbnSwMGM

Apparently, the Dogecoin crowd really liked what they saw from Josh Wise a couple of weeks ago at Talladega Superspeedway.

You know the story by now: A group of NASCAR fans on Reddit crowd-funded Wise’s No. 98 Phil Parsons Racing car for ‘Dega with the virtual “crypto-currency,” and Wise valiantly took the ‘DogeCar’ into the Top 5 before finishing 20th in the Aaron’s 499.

Now, Wise is looking to get himself and PPR into this weekend’s Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He’s currently one of the Top 10 drivers in the Sprint Fan Vote, which is one of two ways Wise can make Saturday’s All-Star extravaganza (the other being a first or second-place finish in Friday’s Sprint Showdown).

And his new friends within the Dogecoin community are doing their part to help the former USAC product earn the chance to race for $1 million.

Today, a video surfaced that’s one part campaign video, one part trailer for a Hollywood action movie blockbuster. As thundering music sets the tone, the video declares: “We brought Dogecoin to NASCAR. But our journey is not over.”

Oh, and Wise also destroys his rivals with laser eyes. We didn’t know he had that power.

You can check out the full video above. And if this happens to persuade you to vote for Wise, just remember that the Sprint Fan Vote ends on Friday night.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
In a huge upset, Josh Wise beat Danny Patrick in the NASCAR sprint cup all star race fan vote, the winner of which advances to the all star race. It appears that the bloom is off the Danny Patrick rose.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:49 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
They got that Dogecoin back on the #98 this weekend at Talladega. :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:12 pm 

I should get the Josh Wise trophy for finishing dead last... that's right, even behind Pasta... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:03 pm 

Dogecoin value = $0.000268

Outside of Bitcoin, I think investing in any of them is like putting $100 on a 100-1 shot.

Any of 10 different cryptos could get a huge bump for any number of events or merging with Bitcoin.

Google up CYNK its actually a great story, but this could happen with any of these cryptos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Dogecoin is a total mockery of the Bitcoin deal. Have to wait for major retailers to start accepting the Bitcoin to take them seriously. Kind of like Paypal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 pm 

donspiracy wrote:
Dogecoin is a total mockery of the Bitcoin deal. Have to wait for major retailers to start accepting the Bitcoin to take them seriously. Kind of like Paypal.

It's like when all thos search engines opened and tried to chase or be bought out by Yahoo or Google. Remember Alta Vista, Hot Bot, Excite, dogpile....they all tried to be part of something that someone else started....Dog is the same....and it might work.....I just wouldnt bet on it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
AltaVista preceded Google by a few years, I think. I don't think those first-generation search engines started up just to be bought by Yahoo. Dogpile, maybe.

And Dogecoin is just a parody of Bitcoin. It's not really meant to be taken seriously. I mean, its logo is Doge.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:20 am 

None of them startup to be bought by anyone, they all want to be the one. same with the Cyrptos. I am sure if you talked to each one they would explain why they have something unique. You can say Google did a better job of what those others did....which in the long run was MADE MONEY. The point being, Dogecoins best bet is some buyout or merger of some kind....same with all the other____coins...that includes Bitcoin and it is the leader of that pack.