It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Per Jayski's, 8-7-14

National Guard to end motorsports sponsorships:

After undergoing an intensive internal review, the Army National Guard is set to make changes to its sports sponsorship approach to recruitment marketing. These substantial changes include an end to its sponsorship of NASCAR driver #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Graham Rahal in the Indy Racing League (IRL). "Significantly constrained resources and the likelihood of further reductions in the future call for more innovative and cost-effective ways of doing business," said Maj Gen Judd H. Lyons, acting Director of the Army National Guard. The Army Guard spent $32 million on its NASCAR sponsorship and $12 million on its IndyCar sponsorship for 2014. Future programs will rely on much smaller budgets. And while sports sponsorships have played an important role in helping the Guard build strong brand awareness, existing Army National Guard sponsorship contracts with NASCAR and IRL are set to expire at the end of the current season, he said. "Our NASCAR sponsorship was principally a marketing program, intended primarily to build awareness of the National Guard as a career option" said Johnson. "The NASCAR sponsorship allowed the National Guard to leverage a 77 million fan base and the sport's most popular driver." Motorsports sponsorships are not the only programs to be impacted by decreasing budgets. Since 2012, the Army Guard has reduced sports sponsorships from six-including professional fishing and motorcycle racing-to just the NASCAR and IndyCar sponsorships. In fiscal year 2015, the Army Guard's marketing budget is expected to be about half of what it was just three years ago in fiscal year 2012.(Army National Guard)
Hendrick Statement: "Our team has a contract in place to continue the National Guard program at its current level in 2015. We have not been approached by the Guard about potential changes and plan to honor our current agreement."(Hendrick Motorsports)(8-6-2014)

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I always found them as a sponsor to be a bit of a head scratcher. I had no idea a primary sponsorship
was that kind of dough. Glad to see that they are trying to be a bit more fiscally responsible. Am I
right to think that is tax money in the first place?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
They have a marketing budget. Just wasn't cost effective for them to keep race car sponsorship.

More money for billboards Bee!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Dale Jr is still the most popular racer, right? I'm sure another sponsor like Under Armour would take that chance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
donspiracy wrote:
They have a marketing budget. Just wasn't cost effective for them to keep race car sponsorship.

More money for billboards Bee!

Yeah $44 million dollars for two race teams is pretty steep.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 am 

I am thinking we will see Mr. Burns on Jr's car next year, Dr. Ken got this.