It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:43 pm 

He makes some good points. Don't think I agree, but something to chew on

Quote:
Matt Kenseth likely will get fined for taking out Joey Logano Sunday at Martinsville Speedway.

He shouldn’t.

Kenseth did what he had to do, just like Logano did at Kansas Speedway Oct. 18, when he wrecked Kenseth during a battle for the win.

Both Logano and NASCAR had to know that Kenseth would get even. After getting knocked out of the Chase by Logano’s aggressive move at Kansas, Kenseth lost way too much to not retaliate, to not subject Logano to the same type of costly treatment.

And they had to know it likely would come at Martinsville, a tight short track where payback, retaliation and revenge are easiest to enact.

Logano had to expect it, and so should NASCAR officials.

Now NASCAR needs to let it go. Get the two drivers together, give them an old-fashioned Days of Thunder talking to, and then let it go.

What happened Sunday was wild, chaotic, controversial and exciting. It also is part of NASCAR. It has been for 65 years and probably always will be. NASCAR must remember that or it risks diluting the sport and robbing it of some of its most enticing qualities — drama, tough, edgy personalities and compelling stories.

You can argue all day about how awful and vengeful Kenseth’s actions were, how intentionally wrecking someone crosses the line of sportsmanship and should not be allowed. Was Kenseth wrong? Yeah, probably, but he did not write the rules and he did not create the code by which stock-car drivers live and compete.

You hear it all the time in NASCAR and other forms of racing. Drivers race other drivers the way those drivers race them. Race them clean and with respect, and you likely will be raced the same way. But run over them, rough them up, try to intimidate them or flat-out wreck them, and you can expect to receive the same treatment.

Rest of article: http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar-news ... ille-chase

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
A fine should be the least of his worries.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Kens is sitting the next two races.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Fuckface Logano wins. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Overall Standings
After Week 33

Total pts._______________ Fin.-Pts. ChaseDriver__________Non-Chase Driver
79 Peoria Matt*__________3rd-42 Denny Hamlin________7th-37 Ryan Newman
77 spanky*____________4th-40 Dale Earnhardt Jr._______11th-34 AJ Allmendinger
53 chaspopcapp*_________37th-9 Joey Logano_________9th-35 Kasey Kahne
51 doug-ep______________32nd-13 Brad Keselowski_______16th-28 Aric Almirola
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
41 Urlacher's missing neck*__8th-37 Kevin Harvick________40th-4 Danica Patrick
40 newper**____________34th-11Kurt Busch____________15th-29 Paul Menard
31 Matt Murton's Beard*__14th-30 Carl Edwards_________43rd-1 Clint Bowyer
---SILLY SEASON---58th Annual Daytona 500---February 21, 2016---
73 Gloopan Kuratz***____5th-39 Kyle Busch__________10th-34 Tony Stewart
32 Scorehead***_______12th-32 Jimmie Johnson______
6 Hawg Ass**___________38th-6 Matt Kenseth_______
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47 pittmike______________1st-47 Jeff Gordon___________
42 Hatchetman****_______2nd-42 Jamie Mcmurray______
39 K Effective*___________6th-39 Martin Truex Jr._______
*Dealbreaker award__________________________

That was insane. Well, Matt Kenseth conjured up his inner Ricky Bobby or Dale Sr. or Paul Tracy and wrecked out leader and possible race winner Joey Logano. After restart shenanigans with Team Penske holding 1-2, Kese and Logano finish 32nd and 37th. Ouch Captain!!!!!!!!!!

As for the contest, Peoria Matt and spanky were the only ones of the remaining seven to get quality finishes out of both their drivers. Next race is Texas were speed and the handling of the bumps in turn 1 will hopefully be the determining factors of who wins the race, not intentional crashing. See you then race fans!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5