It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has the MNMS Improved?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
There have been a number of posts over the last year or so in which (serious) opinions were offered as to how to improve the MNMS. The most commonly expressed thoughts included sticking to sports talk and the removal of Anne as a co-host. Well, both have come to pass. The question is...Has the show improved? What other changes would you like to see (other than replacing North altogether)?

Personally, I'd like more input from callers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

too little too late for me, if I'm wake I'll go with music, ESPN radio, or if at home, wacking to becky quick on cnbc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:21 pm 

I think the show has improved. I have not heard reference of an outdated celebrity in a long time. There has been no far right wing and uninformed political discussion. There has been more focus on trying to be sensational rather than having solid analysis, but that has always been part of North's persona.

I'm happy to see Edie go. I'd like to see Steve reduced to an update role and have a co host of equal stature broght into the studio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Show is better. He gets good guests, and the topic stays on sports.

Mike is way too Monday Morning QB with his opinions, but, dare I say, it's a lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:50 pm 

The show has gone from a pile of shit to a couple turds on the ground. If that is improvement, then yes it has improved.

Mike tries to take shots at everyone, trying to push buttons to get ratings. It gets old after awhile. Most of his interviews and opinions are contraversial, without a strong supporting argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juiced wrote:
The show has gone from a pile of shit to a couple turds on the ground.

:P :lol: :lol: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
good dolphin wrote:
I think the show has improved. I have not heard reference of an outdated celebrity in a long time. There has been no far right wing and uninformed political discussion. There has been more focus on trying to be sensational rather than having solid analysis, but that has always been part of North's persona.

I'm happy to see Edie go. I'd like to see Steve reduced to an update role and have a co host of equal stature broght into the studio.

There has been no far left wing tripe either, which is nice. Neither were a credit to their respective sides of the aisle.
The show has been better, but I agree Fred needs to go. Mike has to be challenged by someone with a thought. Even Jesse would be an upgrade. More listener participation would help also. Mike's sensationalism act is growing thin and Fred only serves as an enabler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

They need to bring back the famous Real Estate game, more appearances by the great Bookie Priest and more breaking news by George Offman. Yep, those ideas and billboards will make this a ratings winner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:33 pm 

i think the show has a bettter"flow" to it annie would be the bog and we will see if mike ratings go up without annie, now if jen would have a bigger muzzle on her that would be better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juiced wrote:
The show has gone from a pile of shit to a couple turds on the ground. If that is improvement, then yes it has improved.

Mike tries to take shots at everyone, trying to push buttons to get ratings. It gets old after awhile. Most of his interviews and opinions are contraversial, without a strong supporting argument.

I think the show has improved, but I still think a stronger voice is needed alongside Mike. Fred may be an ok update guy (I don't know), but he really doesn't offer much, even in a side kick role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Quote:
now if jen would have a bigger muzzle on her that would be better

I got something to keep her quiet... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 pm 

:P :lol: :lol: :P

Image[/quote]

:shock: Lucky was here! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
As long as I keep hearing more of Jen's annoying voice and comments, as well as Mikey Two Times continuing to talk about how cute and hot she is, then no, the show hasn't improved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:51 am 

hootmon wrote:
As long as I keep hearing more of Jen's annoying voice and comments, as well as Mikey Two Times continuing to talk about how cute and hot she is, then no, the show hasn't improved.

But he said she is like a daughter to him. Didn't Aerosmith write a song about a similar father-daughter relationship?