It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sean Burroughs
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
At 43; collapsed while coaching his kid's Little League game. Horrible.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/401 ... tle-league

Post subject: Re: Sean Burroughs
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That's terrible. It's particularly sad when people live hard, recognize they need to get it back together, do so admirably, but ultimately can't outrun the hard years anyway. It sounds like he really tried.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
So much died suddenly going around.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
43 year olds just drop dead of cardiac arrest?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:

Don't ask questions. Just accept the new normal and pretend people in otherwise good health always had sudden heart attacks in these numbers.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:44 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Recovering drug addicts do sometimes.

But yes it happened to younger people before COVID too. One kid in my kids class had it happen to his dad in the 2010s.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 5:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

Could it have been a longtime substance abuser who had an MLB salary to spend on drugs?

No. It's the covid vaccine that is wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Recovering drug addicts do sometimes.

But yes it happened to younger people before COVID too. One kid in my kids class had it happen to his dad in the 2010s.

My uncle died of a heart attack at 38. No known drug use, although he died in 1978 and did occasional weekend gambling junkets so he probably used cocaine here and there. According to the autopsy it was just something that could have been cleared up with a double bypass, but who is getting stress tests at 38?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
They need PSA's for aging-druggies. If current age + years spent (ab)using drugs > 59, get to the doctor...chances are yer about to drop dead.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Albini porked up in the last ten years and was a decades-long smoker. And he prided himself on eating a lot of meat (keto before keto). He didn't exercise and spent 12 hours a day recording bands. Kind of like Geordie Walker dropping dead of a stroke at 64. A lifetime of chugging rum on stage and smoking four packs per day will do it.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Remember watching his Little League WS stuff having the pedigree of his dad being one hell of a MLB player , and then him making the majors himself and being a decent hitter himself was a cool story. Sad day.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Don't ask questions. Just accept the new normal and pretend people in otherwise good health always had sudden heart attacks in these numbers.

Hopefully his body double is ready for action.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:46 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Remember watching his Little League WS stuff having the pedigree of his dad being one hell of a MLB player , and then him making the majors himself and being a decent hitter himself was a cool story. Sad day.

Those Padres teams of the first few Petco Park years always felt like they should have gone deeper than they did: Peavy, Burroughs, Brian Giles, the remains of David Wells, a still-productive Trevor Hoffman. I think the NL West then was mostly a bunch of 86-win teams engaged in mutually assured destruction.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If you're young and had two jabs and a COVID, you've tripled your chances of your heart stopping suddenly at your kids little league game.

I haven't tuned in lately to Dr Excess Deaths Campbell lately, but I doubt anything has changed. For a good year and a half, people got a disease with long term effects and also got a vaccine with the same long term effects.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 am 

And with that, I look up the good doctor and he says the UK has changed how they calculate excess deaths. :lol: I should have seen that coming.

So I withdraw my statement. There's no excess deaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoOgDwhWXYk

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

Could it have been a longtime substance abuser who had an MLB salary to spend on drugs?

I suppose it could have been anything. It's a single incident.

The reluctance to even consider or mention the obvious problems/dangers of the COVID vaccine is the scandal.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:28 am 
Site Admin

McCareins_Fan wrote:
Albini porked up in the last ten years and was a decades-long smoker. And he prided himself on eating a lot of meat (keto before keto). He didn't exercise and spent 12 hours a day recording bands. Kind of like Geordie Walker dropping dead of a stroke at 64. A lifetime of chugging rum on stage and smoking four packs per day will do it.

All facts.

But why do people get so angry when anyone dares to mention the additional fact that he loved COVID boosters?

When the "science genius" who screeches for The Offspring drops dead of a heart attack he won't be able to hear the drummer he kicked out of the band say, "I told you so."

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

All facts.

But why do people get so angry when anyone dares to mention the additional fact that he loved COVID boosters?

When the "science genius" who screeches for The Offspring drops dead of a heart attack he won't be able to hear the drummer he kicked out of the band say, "I told you so."

For the same reason we don't mention he got the Measles vaccine as a kid.

Every person who got the COVID booster will eventually die.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

All facts.

For the same reason we don't mention he got the Measles vaccine as a kid.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

The reluctance to even consider or mention the obvious problems/dangers of the COVID vaccine is the scandal.

The life span for white people without a college education (a significant majority of whites) has been decreasing for the past couple of decades. This group is increasingly dying in their 40s and 50s from afflictions of "despair"--suicides, accidental overdoses, alcoholism, anxiety, and related diseases. The growing vulnerability of this group corresponds to heightened economic inequality, decreasing upward class mobility, declining labor power, unequal access to health care, unequal access to education, etc. This trend is documented in the 2020 book, Deaths of Despair and the Future of Capitalism by Anne Case and Angus Deaton.

The general refusal to consider or mention the decisive role neoliberal political economy plays in determining life expectancy is the scandal.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

The life span for white people without a college education (a significant majority of whites) has been decreasing for the past couple of decades. This group is increasingly dying in their 40s and 50s from afflictions of "despair"--suicides, accidental overdoses, alcoholism, anxiety, and related diseases. The growing vulnerability of this group corresponds to heightened economic inequality, decreasing upward class mobility, declining labor power, unequal access to health care, unequal access to education, etc. This trend is documented in the 2020 book, Deaths of Despair and the Future of Capitalism by Anne Case and Angus Deaton.

The general refusal to consider or mention the decisive role neoliberal political economy plays in determining life expectancy is the scandal.

Shoot them up with untested vaccines just to make sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:33 am 

They didn't force the covid vaccine on anyone, afaik. Not like the gubberment was kicking in doors, holding bitches down and pumpin em full of experimental Pfizer jizz.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 am 

Excess deaths start line is 2019. Not 2 decades ago.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

That is the cost of doing business.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Hussra wrote:
They didn't force the covid vaccine on anyone, afaik. Not like the gubberment was kicking in doors, holding bitches down and pumpin em full of experimental Pfizer jizz.

Many just lost their careers for refusing to poison themselves. No big deal.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 am 

if they're too inept to navigate ordering a COVID vaccine certificate*** online, then guessing it wasn't much of a loss.

***Made in China, like the COVID virus.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Excess deaths start line is 2019. Not 2 decades ago.

Looking at the American population in aggregate, the decreasing life expectancy among non-college educated whites was offset by an increasing life expectancy among the PMC until fairly recently. But the rising mortality rate among middle-aged whites without a college degree has been a trend for decades and perfectly coincides with the height of the neoliberal era.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

That is the cost of doing business.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

All facts.

Perhaps you and RFK Jr have more in common than vaccine denial. Ever had your brain checked for worms? That would explain a lot. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
otherwise good health

Why don’t those fucks just realize how privileged they are? I mean, pre-death, of course.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants