It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: And so it begins....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:40 am 

Robert Feder, 9/8/06:

"Pointing to more changes down the road, Steve Buchman has resigned as producer of Mike North's morning show at CBS Radio sports/talk WSCR-AM (670). He joined the Score from Tribune Co.-owned news/talk WGN-AM (720), where he produced Steve Cochran's midday show."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:31 am 

I've got nothing against Buchman, but he was not a good fit. Suprisingly enough, I think the next change will be Fred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
did north say anything about him leaving ? wait, he probably said buckman was the reason the ratings were bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:57 am 

He was making fun of someone yesterday for his lack of participation in their Boston pub crawl. I assumed it was Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:58 am 

How long will it be before Buchman posts here under an assumed name to add some insights into the show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:39 am 
1000 CLUB

How come I remember Steve posting here over a year ago? Did this really happen or am I thinking of a false memory?

I seem to remember Steve kind of being an asshole, saying they put a lot of hard work into the show, and if he hate it that bad, then not to listen. I just remember him being bitter.

If it wasn't him, then I guess the person was a phony? I dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:10 am 
1000 CLUB

What was Buchman's role exactly on the Mike North show ? I know he's titled as the Executive Producer, but it seems North controls all content on the show, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of creative radio segments being introduced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Does this resignation elevate Rocco to an Executive Producer level?

When Buchman was on vacation last week, Jen Jen was the Executive Producer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, Buchman was on here a while ago telling us we don't know what the hell we're talking about. That they all work very hard, blah, blah. That if we don't like it we should go some where else.

I guess he was used to WGN where all there listeners are 80 and don't complain because at that age sound coming out of the radio is all they need to remind them they are alive. So they never complain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Punky Brewski wrote:
Quote:

Nothing says genius like letting the cocktail waitress from your favorite gin mill run your show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

A7X wrote:
Punky Brewski wrote:
Quote:

Nothing says genius like letting the cocktail waitress from your favorite gin mill run your show.

What does that mean ? Doesn't North call the shots on how the show is ran ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:18 pm 

The interesting part is that Feder, who is close to North, said that this is just the beginning. I have a feeling our own "drinky" is going to start waking up much earlier in the near future.

I would have thought Annie was an obvious choice, but after just signing a new contract, she cannot be moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

No not Drinky just yet. I predict they'll let Larry Holmes sit next to Pappy. He's been the number 1 bench guy for quite some time. They have Zac covering the Bears anyway. I never understood why they needed two guys doing it.

The stupid, ignorant white 55 year old man paired with a 30 year old, self-loving black man might be interesting. If Larry has a back bone and is the tough guy he is with stupid callers in might be OK. I'll give it a try initially but in the end I won't stay because Pappy will suck with anyone. He is the problem. They're just trying to throw a band aid on it until his joke of a contract expires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

In the end I'd agree that show would fail. Larry is horrible doing a solo show and I'd like to give him a chance with a partner. If he would have the stones to call out Pappy it would be fun. I don't think he would.

Plus they would have to call it the "Larry and Pappy" show and give Larry an equal partnership in the show. If it's still the "Pappy show" with Larry reading updates and chiming in then it defidently wouldn't work. Because then Pappy could feel he could just out shout him. If both names are on the show that would cut Pappy's ego down a little bit and Larry would get to talk because of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:08 pm 

I just don't envision Drinky stepping into the morning show now. He's got a pretty heavy weight crew with the afternoon drive team and they may want to continue the 'chemistry' they got there.

The Holmes suggestion is interesting. Also, what about a Jason Goff moving into the exec producer role? He's been the asst with B&B for a while and maybe is ready for more responsibility. He does a nice job when Drinky is out as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:16 pm 

It would seem the show will lose the political/entertainment segments and become a "sports talk show". Isn't that what everyone has been telling them to do since day one? Pappy needs younger blood on the show. I would love to hear Fred doing updates on the afternoon show. Holmes has started improve as an onair talent.