It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:51 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I feel like this is a much more deep-rooted argument than I am aware of. I think I'll tap out at this time.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Spaulding wrote:
You're pissing in my Cheerios now. What should I do with my money?

Well, if I've learned anything today certainly get it out of the bank and don't put it in a non-Roth IRA in any 401k plan or do put it in a Roth IRA fund, I don't even remember anymore.

You'll be fine. I know a bank President. I have a meeting with him this morning. If he freaks me out, I'll respond back here. Don't do anything. You can eat and stuff, but don't freak out about the money just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
And what happens to mortgages? Could something like Charles Schawb really collapse now?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Don't listen to Dr. Ken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:59 am 

Spaulding wrote:
And what happens to mortgages? Could something like Charles Schawb really collapse now?

It could.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:00 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Don't listen to Dr. Ken

Why?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:00 am 

Alright, ignore everything I've said. Everything is fine. It's all good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:01 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don't listen to Dr. Ken

Why?

It's all collapsing. Get out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:03 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don't listen to Dr. Ken

Why?

I can't tell if you are saying that it is collapsing or being sarcastic that it is not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think he's saying don't wait, get out, it's collapsing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: What??
:lol:
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don't listen to Dr. Ken

Why?

If you think the big banks will collapse, you're insane. This seems to be a regional bank problem who's investments are Tbills and bonds. And probably ESG crap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:10 am 

It's not. But there will probably be a few more casualties. Schwab is probably fine. They have assets but it isn't a good look.

Some others will fall. And you never know when the dominoes get knocked over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
And a very concentrated client base of companies that don’t generate cash by design.

Big banks are fine. Either burn your money in/on an electric stove (your choice) or put it in a big bank. Google systemically important banks and start there.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:14 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Either burn your money in/on an electric stove (your choice) or put it in a big bank.

I have a gas stove.

Would it cost too much to burn my money on it?

Am I better off keeping it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Heisenberg wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
While the FDIC is not directly taxpayer funded, it essentially is: banks are required to pay into it, so that cost is simply passed on to the consumer. Just like a corporate tax on McDonald's ultimately gets passed on with a more expensive Big Mac.

I would argue that if we're going to bail out banks every time they fail (SVB now and MANY in 2008), what purpose does the FDIC serve? We can simply take those FDIC fees and put them in a "lock box" and wait for the next bank failure to bail them out.

I don't get why we keep bailing these banks out--no one is going to bail out my company if we fail.

Sure, but by that definition, all business is taxpayer funded.

Somebody has to fund something. Our company pays for insurance, we pass that on to the customer, who passes that on to the consumer buying that product. But, I don't consider us taxpayer funded.

It is different because the FDIC is a government entity, with two purposes--to prevent bank failures, and to provide consumers confidence that their deposits (up to $250k) are safe.

They have failed multiple times on goal number one, so I would suggest they have a very poor record of preventing failures.

On two, the government continues to go beyond the $250k limit, so what's the point of having a limit or indeed, the FDIC?

Finally, your company is free to choose whatever insurance company you want, and the amount of coverage you want to pay for. The FDIC is mandatory, as there is not another option that will provide the "FDIC Insured" decal on the door to bank.

And you choose your bank just like your insurance company. Every admitted insurance policy is part of a guarantee fund as well, but those funds are administered at the state level not the federal level. They come into play from time to time. The difference is insurance company capital standards are much different where there is very little financial leverage in the business. Insurance companies tend to fail after large cat events. Banks get hit by credit events or rapidly changing interest rates.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:24 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Do you not see or "understand" where the word "invest" was used as a way of illustrating how investment of the "deferred" $300 would cause it to "increase exponentially"? Just Asking A Question.

Thus it is not so much the value of the "deferred" $300 that is increasing in as much as it is the money that is made on the $300 that was "deferred" and henceforth "invested". Hopefully you can "understand" now it "works" Brick

Now explain how inflation gets it close to $0. That's the point.

I understand investments can increase exponentially and then you pay tax on those when you actually have access to the money. How does inflation take that initial $300 down to nothing but also increase it exponentially? Both can't be true.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's not. But there will probably be a few more casualties. Schwab is probably fine. They have assets but it isn't a good look.

Some others will fall. And you never know when the dominoes get knocked over.

If Schwab goes, everyone is going to have a problem. At that point you better just have gold and guns.

SVB just had too much invested in Treasuries. When Peter Thiel pulled his money, others followed and the bank collapsed.

The big banks are under stricter regulation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Do you not see or "understand" where the word "invest" was used as a way of illustrating how investment of the "deferred" $300 would cause it to "increase exponentially"? Just Asking A Question.

Thus it is not so much the value of the "deferred" $300 that is increasing in as much as it is the money that is made on the $300 that was "deferred" and henceforth "invested". Hopefully you can "understand" now it "works" Brick

Now explain how inflation gets it close to $0. That's the point.

How about you explain how it will not? Explain how you expect $300 today to be worth $300 or close to $300 in 2053? and then I will have no problem with providing an explanation for you?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
WSJ: Just asking questions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:39 pm 

Go woke, get broke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Missing Link wrote:
And how is this for lying by the way? Just Asking A Question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And your "pension" would cease to exist the second the gov't stopped subsidizing it with our tax dollars.

Quote:
Pension Contributions in the FY2023 Chicago Public Schools Budget

In FY2023, the total required employer contribution to the CTPF is $860.3 million, of which the State of Illinois will contribute $308.7 million, and CPS will contribute $551.7 million. The CPS portion is covered by the dedicated pension property tax levy.
https://www.civicfed.org/civic-federati ... nsion-fund

Quote:
But a close review of the school district’s finances over the past 20 years finds that revenues never were the issue; Illinois and Chicago taxpayers contributed more than enough money to pay for both, had the funds just been properly managed.

In fact, taxpayer-provided CPS revenue has more than doubled to $5.3 billion since 1997. When measured in per-student terms, CPS revenues grew at more than 1.5 times the rate of inflation during that time period. Despite those growing revenues, CPS leaders have brought the teachers’ pension fund to the brink of insolvency. Now they’re counting on taxpayers to clean up the mess; but taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to bail out a retirement system that’s been corrupted into a political tool.
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/reports/cps-pensions-from-retirement-security-to-political-slush-fund/

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Go woke, get broke

buried the lead. 45% women, .01% anything but white, BLAME BLACK PEOPLE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
And how is this for lying by the way? Just Asking A Question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And your "pension" would cease to exist the second the gov't stopped subsidizing it with our tax dollars.

Quote:
Pension Contributions in the FY2023 Chicago Public Schools Budget

In FY2023, the total required employer contribution to the CTPF is $860.3 million, of which the State of Illinois will contribute $308.7 million, and CPS will contribute $551.7 million. The CPS portion is covered by the dedicated pension property tax levy.
https://www.civicfed.org/civic-federati ... nsion-fund

Quote:
But a close review of the school district’s finances over the past 20 years finds that revenues never were the issue; Illinois and Chicago taxpayers contributed more than enough money to pay for both, had the funds just been properly managed.

In fact, taxpayer-provided CPS revenue has more than doubled to $5.3 billion since 1997. When measured in per-student terms, CPS revenues grew at more than 1.5 times the rate of inflation during that time period. Despite those growing revenues, CPS leaders have brought the teachers’ pension fund to the brink of insolvency. Now they’re counting on taxpayers to clean up the mess; but taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to bail out a retirement system that’s been corrupted into a political tool.
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/reports/cps-pensions-from-retirement-security-to-political-slush-fund/

Damn It might be time to retire. :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
In addition, beginning in FY2017, the state authorized a dedicated tax on Chicago property owners that is appropriated exclusively for paying CTPF costs. A 0.567 percent maximum levy on the adjusted Equalized Assessed Value (EAV)1 of Chicago properties goes toward covering CPS’ statutory obligations to the CTPF. In FY2023, this tax will provide $551.6 million in funding for teacher pensions.

Wow. What a waste of half a billion dollars in taxes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn it might be time to read your own post before hitting submit in case you are about to blow you own foot off :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:46 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn it might be time to read your own post before hitting submit in case you are about to blow you own foot off :lol: :lol:

Nah just need to get off my bumper bumper humper. CPS teachers handled their own pension (only district in the state to do so) for years based on the money provided by Chicago Taxpayers. Its about time the state ponied up considering my taxes have been paying the pensions of Orland Park "educators" for decades.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Sorry, Frank. Looks like you weren't lying. My bad. I'll bounce from this discussion now.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sorry, Frank. Looks like you weren't lying. My bad. I'll bounce from this discussion now
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have to speak about myself in the 3rd person just to have a conversation around here

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:54 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
How about you explain how it will not? Explain how you expect $300 today to be worth $300 or close to $300 in 2053? and then I will have no problem with providing an explanation for you?

It's not my job to try and fix your illogical thought.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
IkeSouth wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Go woke, get broke

buried the lead. 45% women, .01% anything but white, BLAME BLACK PEOPLE.

My guess is they skewed young and didn’t have experience with the rising rates playbook.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next