It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jerry Krause
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
That Marian Hossa's contract structure, in which cap hit = money/years and can be lowered by adding low values to a set, is considered exploiting a loophole speaks to the fact that the NHL salary cap was designed for people who stopped paying attention to math class in fifth grade. That being said, the NHL's system of a hard cap with guaranteed contracts is more restrictive than what other leagues have. It's also a completely awful system whose flaws have already caused a nearly four-month lockout.

Jerry Krause is clearly the best general manager Chicago has had because, again with the grade-school math, 6 > 3, but who has ever sat around arguing over "best general manager in a city" except us when the guy died?

Well, the Hossa contract is more exploitative of the cap than anything Krause did. I'm not even sure what Pittmike is talking about. He's acting like the Bulls were paying luxury taxes and using the Bird rule every year. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I wasn't even making a definitive point the Krause is not the best. I simply said it was easier in the NBA during Krause's time to manage the cap without having to rip apart your team every year. bowman deals with a more restrictive cap that is all. As for the Bulls maybe they were paying tax but they had tools like exceptions and other minor advantages.

PittMike is catching my drift. I think ripping-up and rebuilding a team in a far more cap restricted era is very impressive work. I think Bowman is gaining, but not there yet. The Hawks are not done though either.

Krause does deserve some blame for being so eager to rip it down and then flailing for years with Eddy Curry, Marcus Fizer and

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:03 pm 

Brand and Artest in one draft was pretty good

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I wasn't even making a definitive point the Krause is not the best. I simply said it was easier in the NBA during Krause's time to manage the cap without having to rip apart your team every year. bowman deals with a more restrictive cap that is all. As for the Bulls maybe they were paying tax but they had tools like exceptions and other minor advantages.
The major flaw in this post is that from the 3rd title to the 4th title every single person on the roster was different besides Pippen and Jordan. It's not like he got the team and then just got to coast with it every year.