It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:07 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Walmart used to really hassle you about receipts as you were on the way out. I think enough people got annoyed and complained/ignored it that they just stopped it. I'm waiting for the day that we stop being nice and start being real at Costco. Eventually on a holiday weekend, people are just going to say fuck it and stop waiting in the receipt checking line. Stop treating every customer like they are stealing. I paid, I don't want to stand in another line to prove to this goof at the door that I just spent $300 on stuff I didn't need to buy in bulk in the first place.
They are checking to make sure you don't get double charged. It's for your benefit. You should be thanking Costco for how they treat you.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I'm sure that's it.
In New York, we were a member of BJ's, which is basically Costco, but where you sit when you eat your $1.50 pizza slice is right by the front so I got to watch for like half an hour of them doing the process. They actually discovered like two things and at noon on a weekday I heard one of them say "That's over $300 today". I'm pretty sure there was some sort of prize for them to get a certain amount of product saved from leaving the store. BJ's was a little different though because you had to do a lot more work of loading and unloading the stuff especially in the self checkout lines. I don't even know how you steal from Costco now. You get like 2 people unloading and loading your cart like the building is on fire.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Apparently the family is suing Walmart because they security guards didn't stop her from stealing the machete and knife.

Quote:
The family of an Uber driver who was hacked to death while on the job has sued Walmart, where authorities said the driver's teenage attacker stole her murder weapons — a machete and knife — moments before the killing.

Grant Nelson's family filed suit in Cook County court Monday against Walmart and two companies that handled security for the retailer's Skokie store. Authorities allege that 16-year-old Eliza Wasni stole the machete and the knife from a Walmart about 3 a.m. May 30, then got into Nelson's car and hacked and stabbed him to death moments into the ride.

The wrongful death lawsuit said Walmart's security contractors were negligent because they failed to stop Wasni, question her or ask her to show a receipt as she allegedly left the store carrying the weapons.

So if she had paid for them, there would be no problem?
Yeah I'm not sure how this is going to go for them. What's the corrective action , everyone gets inspected on the way out?
I guess it depends on if they knew about it or not and let her walk.

If I'm making min wage at Walmart and a weirdo comes in at 3AM and steals a machete, I'm not getting in her way.

Nobody makes minimum wage at Walmart anymore,they start you out at around 9 then you can get a bump to 10 by doing a simple test

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
If I'm making min wage at Walmart and a weirdo comes in at 3AM and steals a machete, I'm not getting in her way.
I'm not either but I'm calling the police who probably have a car stationed at every Wal-Mart all night anyways.

If Walmart security or whoever knew about it and didn't even bother to call the police that's the laziest fucking security in the world. Im not suggesting Walmart security is the best in the business but I'd have a hard time believing that.
The story seems to be that other shoppers told them about it.

Security was probably like "You're at Wal-Mart. What do you expect? If you don't want other shoppers stealing machetes go shop at Target".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm not either but I'm calling the police who probably have a car stationed at every Wal-Mart all night anyways.

If Walmart security or whoever knew about it and didn't even bother to call the police that's the laziest fucking security in the world. Im not suggesting Walmart security is the best in the business but I'd have a hard time believing that.

as i said. they knew, and they didn't stop her.

that's the lawsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

as i said. they knew, and they didn't stop her.

that's the lawsuit.

Right, but that's something different than calling the police. If they are unarmed I can't fault them for not stopping a crazy woman with a machete. If they didn't even bother to call the police that's almost unbelievably lazy and negligent.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Right, but that's something different than calling the police. If they are unarmed I can't fault them for not stopping a crazy woman with a machete. If they didn't even bother to call the police that's almost unbelievably lazy and negligent.
It's Walmart. "Unbelievably lazy an negligent" probably describes the customers and workers at every location.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
So the security guards were lazy. How in God's name is that the proximate cause of this incident? Every time someone steals an item from a store, the store can now be held responsible if they murder someone?

And this has nothing to do with defending WalMart. WalMart is trash, but this is asinine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
leashyourkids wrote:
So the security guards were lazy. How in God's name is that the proximate cause of this incident? Every time someone steals an item from a store, the store can now be held responsible if they murder someone?

And this has nothing to do with defending WalMart. WalMart is trash, but this is asinine.

I just want to understand this sir, every time a rug is micturated upon in this fair city, I have to compensate the person?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:36 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

It wasn't just an item. It was a weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

I have no idea how the law works here but if they didn't even bother to call the police when a crazy woman walks in in the middle of the night and starts stealing a machete and knives that's pretty fuckin outrageous, not just lazy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I have no idea how the law works here but if they didn't even bother to call the police when a crazy woman walks in in the middle of the night and starts stealing a machete and knives that's pretty fuckin outrageous, not just lazy.

I'm not asking an employee to jump in and save the day but a simple 911 call doesn't seem out of the question.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:39 pm 

I don't know why this is hard to understand. She wasn't stealing headphones. She was outwardly wielding knives, that came from the store. The security companies are hired by Wal Mart to protect them. Had she attacked someone at the store I'm pretty sure they would be held responsible too.

She did not obtain these things legally and if security knew about it then she should have at the very least been detained until police arrived. She was a threat.

The witnesses called the police on their own but by that time, Grant was already stabbed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 pm 

W_Z wrote:
I don't know why this is hard to understand. She wasn't stealing headphones. She was outwardly wielding knives, that came from the store. The security companies are hired by Wal Mart to protect them. Had she attacked someone at the store I'm pretty sure they would be held responsible too.

She did not obtain these things legally and if security knew about it then she should have at the very least been detained until police arrived. She was a threat.

The witnesses called the police on their own but by that time, Grant was already stabbed.

I know he was your friend WZ but do they really expect a rent a cop to take a machete wielding person on head to head?

They certainly should have called the cops though.

Edit: unless security was armed, but I don't know if that was the case or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:50 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I know he was your friend WZ but do they really expect a rent a cop to take a machete wielding person on head to head?

They certainly should have called the cops though.

Edit: unless security was armed, but I don't know if that was the case or not.

Yeah, I'm not trying to come off as insensitive to Zack's friend, but I don't think unarmed security can be reasonably expected to detain a clearly unstable person wielding a machete and/or knives. They can absolutely be reasonably expected to call the police as soon as possible.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
:lol: Nevermind. I thought the girl who committed the act's family was suing WalMart. Yes, the victim's family has a good case there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm 

Walmart should hire the authority on women being threats and how to deal with it, Mr Joe Mixon as head of security .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Has it been established that security never called the police?

Are the security guards walmart employees or a hired contractor?

I don't know the facts but if security was unarmed I don't know how they can be faulted for not confronting an armed crazy person. In fact policy may prohibit them from doing so especially if their main function was loss prevention.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Well,if this lawsuit goes through you are going to see armed security,,more security and stricter checking out when you are leaving. Plus,Walmart is going to pass the cost to it's customers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm 

[quote="Hank Scorpio"]Sorry to hear that WZ. That is a hell of way to go out.

Death in the time of FB is a strange phenomenon. I feel odd wishing a happy birthday to someone I'm not really close to, let alone to give a little mini eulogy. The worst is that the profile is out there forever. I still see dead people pop up in the FB memories or 'wish Joe Smith a happy birthday today'[/quote

Facebook is life trash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:29 pm 

a genius wrote:
Has it been established that security never called the police?

Are the security guards walmart employees or a hired contractor?

I don't know the facts but if security was unarmed I don't know how they can be faulted for not confronting an armed crazy person. In fact policy may prohibit them from doing so especially if their main function was loss prevention.

the witnesses seemed to believe the security to be armed. they are contractors.

there was surveillance footage of her removing the knives from the respective cases. someone should have noticed that.

Juraseck said on the night of the crime the girl in Wal-Mart looked like she was on a mission and looked determined and manic.

“From what I witnessed and from what could have been prevented with armed security … there’s a reason there’s armed security there at this time. They should have stopped it.”

http://wgntv.com/2017/06/02/like-a-horror-movie-shopper-describes-seeing-teen-walking-out-of-store-with-machete-before-fatal-stabbing/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Quote:
Shortly before, Krista Jurasek and her partner were shopping for protein powder at the Wal-Mart and say they saw Wasni.

Gotta get that protein powder at 3 am...I'm guessing they were actually shopping for condoms.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:23 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:
Shortly before, Krista Jurasek and her partner were shopping for protein powder at the Wal-Mart and say they saw Wasni.

Gotta get that protein powder at 3 am...I'm guessing they were actually shopping for condoms.

:scratch:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:05 pm 

this fucking psychotic bitch.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-killed-teen-girl-court-met-20170705-story.html

on Grant's FB, his brother said the following: Apparently, this girl is something of a young Hannibal Lector. She was considered too dangerous to even bring into the courtroom.

ugly. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Too bad Chicago cops are under a microscope. They should have lit her up when she didnt drop the knife. Saved the taxpayers money and put a magazine into her

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 am 

yeah, this is just going to get more painful to read about.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-killed-teen-suspect-hearing-met-20170718-story.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 am 

This should've been a bump to have some solace in the justice system. Instead, this just boiled the blood. The psycho gets 27 years for murder.

Sorry, Grant. :(

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/8/25/21401569/eliza-wasni-grant-nelson-sentence-machette-attack-lincolnwood

He and his family deserve much more than this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
W_Z wrote:
This should've been a bump to have some solace in the justice system. Instead, this just boiled the blood. The psycho gets 27 years for murder.

Sorry, Grant. :(

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/8/25/21401569/eliza-wasni-grant-nelson-sentence-machette-attack-lincolnwood

He and his family deserve much more than this.

Life or the death penalty.

Sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Really sorry, Z.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Don't know if she would be eligible for parole but even if not she will be just 46 when she gets out. Could still live half her life as a free person. Doesn't seem right.

Guessing a different outcome if she was Balck and the trial was at 26th and California instead of Skokie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
update pic:

IMU wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

chaspoppcap wrote:
would

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next