It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CFMB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
A lot of regulars have ceased posting here in the last month. This place is about to join the ranks of WSI on the list of dead Chicago sports forums. Sad because this was entirely preventable

Post subject: Re: CFMB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
A lot of regulars have ceased posting here in the last month. This place is about to join the ranks of WSI on the list of dead Chicago sports forums. Sad because this was entirely preventable

What do you think could have prevented it? (Serious question, not an angry accusation.)

I'm about done here. Some good posters still here, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:45 pm 

Which board is next?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Its ok Ogie , the cop thread is still here . Continue to take the high road and wish death on them. I’m sure no one left because of that high brow opinion.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I don't think it was entirely preventable. The Score's programming became irrelevant and left a void, which we filled with culture war and race war. That was an easy fit because so much of Boers & Bernstein & Goff and the Julie thread were about culture-war and race-war issues. But it's like the stories of the women who ingested radium, which the body would mistake for calcium. It was fine until their jawbones crumbled apart and fell off. Well, our jawbones finally crumbled apart and fell off.

If it's any consolation, it's not like this is the only space on the internet that was ever colonized and made inhospitable by a right-wing fringe element. Still sad that things have gone the way they have. It was lots of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Meh. It was a rough couple weeks on the board. I think it will bounce back once the NFL kicks off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

which regulars? Name names.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
HawaiiYou wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
A lot of regulars have ceased posting here in the last month. This place is about to join the ranks of WSI on the list of dead Chicago sports forums. Sad because this was entirely preventae

which regulars? Name names.

Hawaii You rarely posts these days. Others I suppose..,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
As I sit here on September 4th, I think it will blow over, but the dearth of sporting events really hurt this place. The whole board essentially became the politics section. It's scary how much politics permeates every corner of society.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:05 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
As I sit here on September 4th, I think it will blow over, but the dearth of sporting events really hurt this place. The whole board essentially became the politics section. It's scary how much politics permeates every corner of society.

THIS. Mix Covid + Election year it became worse.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Its the HawaiiYou era. The whole world is in the HawaiiYou era. Normie boomers found the internet, not only that they developed their own sort of earnest-yet-retarded internet culture.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
Its the HawaiiYou era. The whole world is in the HawaiiYou era. Normie boomers found the internet, not only that they developed their own sort of earnest-yet-retarded internet culture.

No. I don't want an era and not even interested in an era.

But ya. I guess you're sort of right where everyone sort of became hermits like me. But they were forced into it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The political discussion aside, this place has definitely helped with my sanity the last five months. I can't just go sit at a local place for a late afternoon beer or a coffee due to all the Covid fear. A couple of the specialty threads like the golf thread and the baseball discussion (both teams) have really helped.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 pm 

Political threads and SJW killed the board. Should have just kept to sports.

While not a frequent poster, I really enjoyed the board as a distraction from work, and something to read on my iPad while watching a game. The back and forth between Cubs vs Sox fans was always fun, and some posts would make me laugh.

It seems since Covid every thread turned into a race or politics argument, and neither side seemed to add anything you can’t find on the cable news channel of your choice.

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The political discussion aside, this place has definitely helped with my sanity the last five months. I can't just go sit at a local place for a late afternoon beer or a coffee due to all the Covid fear. A couple of the specialty threads like the golf thread and the baseball discussion (both teams) have really helped.

ya it was a good place just to hang out, pass the time, shoot the breeze, get a load off. well before politics took over the main forum.

baseball talk i enjoy .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:32 pm 

Friday night baseball is always enjoyable here too. I look forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Heisenberg wrote:
While not a frequent poster, I really enjoyed the board as a distraction from work, and something to read on my iPad while watching a game. The back and forth between Cubs vs Sox fans was always fun, and some posts would make me laugh.

It seems since Covid every thread turned into a race or politics argument, and neither side seemed to add anything you can’t find on the cable news channel of your choice.

I am always on during games and post during work hours. I’ve met a good swath of folks in person, and to a man, they are fine people. Sometimes I don’t understand why certain people post the way they do as I know them to be solid individuals, but for some reason they like having an edgy board personality.

The entire country has lost its mind over Covid and politics. We just don’t respect differing opinions the way we should.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
But it's like the stories of the women who ingested radium, which the body would mistake for calcium. It was fine until their jawbones crumbled apart and fell off. Well, our jawbones finally crumbled apart and fell off.

Sure. That was my first thought too.

I just didn’t want to be the first one to say it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I am always on during games and post during work hours. I’ve met a good swath of folks in person, and to a man, they are fine people. Sometimes I don’t understand why certain people post the way they do as I know them to be solid individuals, but for some reason they like having an edgy board personality.

The entire country has lost its mind over Covid and politics. We just don’t respect differing opinions the way we should.

I also learned a lot on here—which shows are worth watching, tankless water heaters, good restaurants, and even investment advice from you.

I was telling my kids that when I was growing up, you’d see yard signs for both Dems and Republicans every other house. You may have had different politics from your neighbor, but you didn’t hate them for that. As a country, we have peaceably changed leaders every 4 or 8 years. Yet right now, I wouldn’t dare put up a sign because the opposition may spray roundup on my yard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Heisenberg wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I also learned a lot on here—which shows are worth watching, tankless water heaters, good restaurants, and even investment advice from you.

I was telling my kids that when I was growing up, you’d see yard signs for both Dems and Republicans every other house. You may have had different politics from your neighbor, but you didn’t hate them for that. As a country, we have peaceably changed leaders every 4 or 8 years. Yet right now, I wouldn’t dare put up a sign because the opposition may spray roundup on my yard.

We all used to be working from the same set of facts, but at some point in the 90's, that ceased to be true. That's the problem now, something happens and it doesn't coincide with your political world view, just reject it. It's easier to do that, than admit that you might be wrong. Plus, someone in the broader popular culture will support your decision, regardless of its craziness.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Instead of being shunned, every village idiot found the idiots from other towns, and became bolder.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
There are a few reasons and a few posters that have had the negative impact. Doesn’t really matter at this point. It is what it is. Maybe when Biden wins and cops stop shooting people it will go back.

Probably not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
A right wing fringe element? That’s beyond childish. Racial grievance poison is running its course. Hope we all survive it.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
But it's like the stories of the women who ingested radium, which the body would mistake for calcium. It was fine until their jawbones crumbled apart and fell off. Well, our jawbones finally crumbled apart and fell off.

Sure. That was my first thought too.

I just didn’t want to be the first one to say it.

:lol:

As long as we have CH and Dr. Ken we will be ok.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:33 pm 

im surprised denisdman is still here. he seems to always want to hang out w/ the 'cool kids'. maybe he will be at both places.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm 

I had figured the return of sports would save this place, but sadly that was wishful thinking. Certain posters here have near 0 interest in discussing sports or anything surrounding them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I had figured the return of sports would save this place, but sadly that was wishful thinking.

How I feel about the USA.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
HawaiiYou wrote:
im surprised denisdman is still here. he seems to always want to hang out w/ the 'cool kids'. maybe he will be at both places.

I don’t have a Facebook account, so I have no clue about the activities there. If there is a new board, I would sample it if I knew where it was.

I’ll always post here. I have no issues with this place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:22 pm 

denisdman wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

I don’t have a Facebook account, so I have no clue about the activities there. If there is a new board, I would sample it if I knew where it was.

I’ll always post here. I have no issues with this place.

so it is on the facebook!