It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USC Mascot Horse
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Apparently the USC Trojan Horse shares the name "Travel(l)er with Robert E. Lee's horse. As such, it is racist & must be shot.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/d ... story.html

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

Post subject: Re: USC Mascot Horse
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
DannyB wrote:
Apparently the USC Trojan Horse shares the name "Travel(l)er with Robert E. Lee's horse. As such, it is racist & must be shot.

That Tom and Jerry University has potential . . .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
aww shit.....this means the AA Arkansas Travelers are going to be asking fans to vote on a new name soon. There old hat from maybe 10 years ago used to have the man himself riding the horse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
DannyB wrote:

You're coming across as a bit snowflakey with this contrived Trumpet irritation here. Better listen to Dear Leaders bullshit speech to his sheep to feel better (I guess).

It's a business decision made because our idiot in chief has made it ok to hate, prompting an overreaction by the corporate types trying to stay in the median.

And made a queer issue by the trumpets.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
You cannot use the word queer in any way!

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
You cannot use the word queer in any way!

I only use it when I'm pointing out fake outrage by Trumpets like DannyB.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Frank's Pizzeria
The OP of this thread is a Trump-loving scumbag. All white horses should be shot, not just the ones named after Confederate soldiers. In fact, I'm declaring war on anything white- animal, vegetable, or mineral. If it's white, there's a good chance it's a Nazi. Or a KKK member. Don't forget, cotton was white and cotton and Thomas Jefferson started slavery. When I see white I start punching. If you're not a shithead racist, you'll do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Glad we're starting to wise up as a nation and remove everything that could be considered offensive by any stretch of the imagination, no matter how far we have to go to make the connection.

Ban Lee jeans.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
You all laughed at me when I said that this kind of shit was going to start . What about the Mayor of NYC contemplating tearing down of the statue of Columbus in Columbus square? Or the places that have already canceled Columbus day activities ?
As I said in the other thread it is kind of scary if you compare the current left here vs the Nazis in Germany. A ton of their objectives and tactics are the same.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:46 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
You all laughed at me when I said that this kind of shit was going to start . What about the Mayor of NYC contemplating tearing down of the statue of Columbus in Columbus square? Or the places that have already canceled Columbus day activities ?
As I said in the other thread it is kind of scary if you compare the current left here vs the Nazis in Germany. A ton of their objectives and tactics are the same.

Celebrating Columbus is kind of dumb though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Why? His was a noble quest. While oppressed Europeans were crowded into decaying cities, privileged North Americans were squatting on vast lands and unlimited resources.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Why? His was a noble quest. While oppressed Europeans were crowded into decaying cities, privileged North Americans were squatting on vast lands and unlimited resources.
He didn't really discover America and didn't really do anything besides miss his targets a few times. I don't even know who the first European was to "discover" the land that my town sits on.

I took the boat tour in Burlington, VT and I couldn't help but laugh at the idea that Champlain "discovered" the huge lake that was there and then immediately named it after himself. That must have been really difficult.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

He didn't really discover America and didn't really do anything besides miss his targets a few times. I don't even know who the first European was to "discover" the land that my town sits on.

I took the boat tour in Burlington, VT and I couldn't help but laugh at the idea that Champlain "discovered" the huge lake that was there and then immediately named it after himself. That must have been really difficult.

Okay. Don't celebrate the phony "discovery". Celebrate the protest against problematic Indians who were glomming most of the world's natural resources due only to the accident of where they happened to be born. Cristobal Colon: privilege buster.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:55 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Okay. Don't celebrate the phony "discovery". Celebrate the protest against problematic Indians who were glomming most of the world's natural resources due only to the accident of where they happened to be born. Cristobal Colon: privilege buster.
I'm a big fan of how we took over. I'm just saying that Columbus isn't really the guy to celebrate about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

ever hear of the Spanish empire? I wonder if Columbus had persuaded some of his countrymen to support him if 400 million Latin Americans would be speaking a Northern Italian dialect. Or maybe all would speak Portuguese.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:01 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm a big fan of how we took over. I'm just saying that Columbus isn't really the guy to celebrate about it.

The fat kid at our grammar school would punch you if you said that Columbus, and not Leif Garret or whatever, was the one who discovered "the United States."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 am 
Site Admin

tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

ever hear of the Spanish empire? I wonder if Columbus had persuaded some of his countrymen to support him if 400 million Latin Americans would be speaking a Northern Italian dialect. Or maybe all would speak Portuguese.

I'm a big fan of Tony Horwitz. I never realized until I read A Voyage Long and Strange that some of the conquistadors made it all the way to what is now Oklahoma.

Also pertinent to this topic, my favorite part of Confederates in the Attic is when this little club of Southern historians has a meeting with a serious judge moderating the panel. He asks the question, "What was the name of Robert E. Lee's favorite mount?" And some hillbilly yells out, "Mary Custis Lee!" :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm a big fan of Tony Horwitz.

I was a fan of him falling off of that poor horse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm a big fan of Tony Horwitz. I never realized until I read A Voyage Long and Strange that some of the conquistadors made it all the way to what is now Oklahoma.

Also pertinent to this topic, my favorite part of Confederates in the Attic is when this little club of Southern historians has a meeting with a serious judge moderating the panel. He asks the question, "What was the name of Robert E. Lee's favorite mount?" And some hillbilly yells out, "Mary Custis Lee!" :lol: :lol:

Yeah, they had much of the South and the Plains, in addition to the Southwest. Talk about mismanagement. Plus, the Sooners could have been nicknamed "The La Manchians."

:lol: :lol: I never finished that book!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/christopher-columbus-statue-new-york-city-could-be-considered-removal-n795316

... A Republican challenger to de Blasio in the city's upcoming mayoral race, Nicole Malliotakis, said in remarks at a press conference Wednesday that the mayor had “opened a can of worms" with his announced review.

“That's the problem with this mayor, is he's quick to send off a press release and now you have even Christopher Columbus, the founder of our nation, is under attack," she said. ...
:shock:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/nicole-malliotakis-defends-city-christopher-columbus-statue-article-1.3436128

... After her press conference on the issue, she tweeted that she misspoke about Columbus’ role in the country — and slammed the news media for pressing her on the comment with a Trump-ian hashtag.

“I think everyone knows I misspoke...After all 1776 is my favorite musical!” she tweeted. “#FakeNews.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's one dumb beaver ... and a great representative of the pro-Trump crowd ... it's someone else's fault that she's a loudmouth dumbass.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm a big fan of Tony Horwitz.

I was a fan of him falling off of that poor horse.
My favorite Horwitz is Jerome.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
:lol: As a sensible moderate I abhor stupidity on MANY sides. It's only the colossal stupidity of the Trump voters/supporters/defenders that causes me to pray for their death.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:

You're coming across as a bit snowflakey with this contrived Trumpet irritation here. Better listen to Dear Leaders bullshit speech to his sheep to feel better (I guess).

It's a business decision made because our idiot in chief has made it ok to hate, prompting an overreaction by the corporate types trying to stay in the median.

And made a queer issue by the trumpets.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"