It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Closing their doors after tonight. I have been bowling in leagues here since 2005. And it looks like we are going to get screwed out of the money that we have paid up to this point.

First John's, now Bowling Green. Thanks, Trump!

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:
CFirst John's, now Bowling Green.

This is some bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
1994. High school gym class over at the Bowling Green lanes. Someone has some dead wood roll out in front of the sweeper and instead of calling for it to be cleared, we just kept bowling because we were high schoolers. Next ball, the ball hits the two dead pins which collide in a chaotic explosion, one flying straight back through the gutter, the other going up into the air at a 45 degree angle into the lane numbers. Now these numbers were attached via dowels or something, so they would jump out at you visually, but the dowels weren't designed to get hit by bowling pins, so the number broke clean off and went up in the air. As things that go up usually do, they came back down. The number falls right into the ball return, then pin falls onto the lane next to us. We saw the ball drop into the return, but it never came back. Again, usually you would call someone at this point, but we did not because high school. Kept rolling balls, they keep dropping in the return but not returning. Eventually we are out of balls and 5 minutes away from having to go back to high school, so we just stop and hang out. Came back the next day and the lane was still shut down. One of the most physically improbable events I've personally witnessed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 pm 

Were you on lanes 27 and 28? Those pinsetters have never worked as long as I have bowled there.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Chus wrote:
Closing their doors after tonight. I have been bowling in leagues here since 2005. And it looks like we are going to get screwed out of the money that we have paid up to this point.

First John's, now Bowling Green. Thanks, Trump!

That sucks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Chus wrote:
Were you on lanes 27 and 28? Those pinsetters have never worked as long as I have bowled there.

Honestly it could have been -- I really don't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Was there any explanation or did you find out if you get any $ back? Pretty shady if not.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Was there any explanation or did you find out if you get any $ back? Pretty shady if not.

There was a league meeting last night. We are trying to find a new house that can accommodate 14 teams, on Tuesday nights. Fox Bowl in Wheaton only has ten lanes for us. Of course, the old guys in the league are a roadblock. They are all bitching about drive times. The league president said we would push start time back thirty minutes, but they bitch and moan anyway. Our teams' attitude is, just tell us where and when, and we will be there.

What a mess.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

There was a league meeting last night. We are trying to find a new house that can accommodate 14 teams, on Tuesday nights. Fox Bowl in Wheaton only has ten lanes for us. Of course, the old guys in the league are a roadblock. They are all bitching about drive times. The league president said we would push start time back thirty minutes, but they bitch and moan anyway. Our teams' attitude is, just tell us where and when, and we will be there.

What a mess.

I'm looking forward to my 40's and 50's where I can just complain about everything and make others life difficult. It looks amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: That is not that long of a drive. Now if it were Fox Lake, I could see people putting up a stink.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What a mess.

I'm looking forward to my 40's and 50's where I can just complain about everything and make others life difficult. It looks amazing.

I said old guys. Three of the four of us are in our 40's.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
TurdFerguson wrote:

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What a mess.

In a bowling league, it's the guys over 60 that are usually the headaches...those daytime senior retiree leagues are the absolute worst (I'm not kidding...I've walked in to a couple of late afternoon drunken arguments at Poplar Creek...it's a something).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What a mess.

In a bowling league, it's the guys over 60 that are usually the headaches...those daytime senior retiree leagues are the absolute worst (I'm not kidding...I've walked in to a couple of late afternoon drunken arguments at Poplar Creek...it's a something).

I'm in tennis leagues down here so probably need to add 10 years to balance out. Knew when I submitted I was a decade off. Perhaps I just want to start early.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What a mess.

I'm in tennis leagues down here so probably need to add 10 years to balance out. Knew when I submitted I was a decade off. Perhaps I just want to start early.

Do you wear white shoes, and pretend that it's not hot outside?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:30 am 

Chus wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What a mess.

Do you wear white shoes, and pretend that it's not hot outside?

Tennis is the strangest thing about Atlanta. Its bigger than softball and bowling (combined) are to Chicago. Primarily its an excuse to drink heavily.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Turd Ferguson caught barefoot in clubhouse!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Turd Ferguson caught barefoot in clubhouse!

This is a huge scandal! We need damage control.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm 

We found a home. I can't believe that those old codgers agreed on a place so quickly. It's not like we had limitless options, but still.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm 

Chus wrote:
We found a home. I can't believe that those old codgers agreed on a place so quickly. It's not like we had limitless options, but still.

Where are you moving to?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:55 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Chus wrote:

Where are you moving to?

I'm not going to announce it publicly. PM sent.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bowling Green Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:03 pm 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
Bowling Green Massacre

Never forget.

<º)))><