It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dalla ... n-response
Quote:
More than a dozen current and ex-employees characterize the Mavs' hostile work environment—ranging from sexual harassment to domestic violence—as an “open secret.” Sports Illustrated details the allegations in a special investigation.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response
Quote:
More than a dozen current and ex-employees characterize the Mavs' hostile work environment—ranging from sexual harassment to domestic violence—as an “open secret.” Sports Illustrated details the allegations in a special investigation.

I assumed from your subject line that Cuban was accused of something. Instead it is specifically noted that he has not even been rumored to harass employees. The only implication is that he was either purposely ignoring the accusations against the team’s (now former) CEO or was oblivious to them. I don’t know what his political ambitions are nor do I care but this seems like a whole lot of meh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:09 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response
Quote:

I assumed from your subject line that Cuban was accused of something. Instead it is specifically noted that he has not even been rumored to harass employees. The only implication is that he was either purposely ignoring the accusations against the team’s (now former) CEO or was oblivious to them. I don’t know what his political ambitions are nor do I care but this seems like a whole lot of meh.

:lol: So Donald Trump isn't responsible for Rob Porter then? Just checking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Cuban would win Texas and probably California..thats a huge advantage.. I didn't see anything in the article that tanks his political ambitions( if he has any)

He's probably the cleanest candidate in decades.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Perception is key. Even though he's not personally accused of anything the fact that he presided over an allegedly toxic work environment for women is as bad as being accused of harassment himself in the public eye. He's going to be at a disadvantage now anytime questions about domestic violence, sexual harassment, etc come up. It'd be easier for Cuban to navigate this had he been distant from the team, but we all know the reputation he crafted for himself is that of a very hands on owner. The article even states he personally negotiated the salary of some random company blogger after the blogger tried to catch his eye. That same blogger is the one accused of domestic violence on two occasions while with the Mavs. He was only fired very recently, and only because this story was coming out. Not a good look.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 am 

Cuban probably has 500k employees, 2 aren't going to sully his rep.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Like clockwork I knew you’d chime in with that. Rob Porter is responsible for Rob Porter. The White House handled his dismissal badly but I don’t blame Trump for his actions. If Cuban goes on record as defending Ussery as being a great guy despite the (apparent) facts then I would agree that this would be a potential deal breaker.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He can't beat the Ophra/Clooney celebrity machine anyway.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
312player wrote:
Cuban probably has 500k employees, 2 aren't going to sully his rep.

Does that include all the shitty Shark Tank products he has invested in?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:24 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Even though he's not personally accused of anything the fact that he presided over an allegedly toxic work environment for women is as bad as being accused of harassment himself in the public eye.

Of course. He is responsible for the people who work for him, particularly for his highest level executives and those that he interacts with on a personal level. We all seem to understand this when Donald Trump loads the West Wing with scumbags, maniacs, and assorted other loony toons. Omarosa!???!!

One issue that article raises though is domestic violence in a relationship between two of Cuban's employees. Sneed is apparently a bad guy. The girlfriend should press charges if she wants. But I really don't think it's a good idea to have employers adjudicating things that occur outside the workplace.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:30 am 

pittmike wrote:

I truly hope we get past celebrity candidates...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yes, definitely can’t be elected President in today’s age with sexual misconduct rumors swirling around you. Good call Vegan.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Yes, definitely can’t be elected President in today’s age with sexual misconduct rumors swirling around you. Good call Vegan.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I truly hope we get past celebrity candidates...

Me too but I am afraid that ship has sailed. You have to admit though that it will be interesting to see all of the people shouting about this reality TV president when the talk show host/movie star ticket comes up.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 am 

FavreFan wrote:

I was going to say that but wanted to keep this nonpartisan. Guess you've bought into all the fake news that disparages Trump's character.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Only way to beat a bad celeb is a good celeb.

I'm starting to think it's gonna be Kirsten Gillibrand, though. She's proving very good at being a likable cipher.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:39 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I was going to say that but wanted to keep this nonpartisan. Guess you've bought into all the fake news that disparages Trump's character.

Trump was grandfathered in. Pre-Harvey Weinstein misconduct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Like clockwork I knew you’d chime in with that. Rob Porter is responsible for Rob Porter. The White House handled his dismissal badly but I don’t blame Trump for his actions. If Cuban goes on record as defending Ussery as being a great guy despite the (apparent) facts then I would agree that this would be a potential deal breaker.

That's great, except Cuban didn't dismiss Ussery at all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Trump was grandfathered in. Pre-Harvey Weinstein misconduct.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

That's great, except Cuban didn't dismiss Ussery at all.

Ussery lasted less than six months at Under Armour.

This is why it is such a bad look for Cuban.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 am 

Vegan may be right, this can get uglier and tank any political ambitions he has.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 am 

312player wrote:
Vegan may be right, this can get uglier and tank any political ambitions he has.

B&G had on a Dallas reporter that thinks Cuban won't survive this and be forced to sell the team much like Donald Sterling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 am 

SuperMario wrote:
312player wrote:

B&G had on a Dallas reporter that thinks Cuban won't survive this and be forced to sell the team much like Donald Sterling.

MAKE (clap) BEYONCE (clap) BUY (clap) THE (clap) MAVERICKS

YAAS QUEEN YAAS QUEEN I'M HERE FOR THIS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I think his response was strong and effective and the players love him ao he should be fine.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
https://deadspin.com/report-woman-told- ... 1823570728

Quote:
“He then moved his hand down until it was on her buttocks,” read the Portland police detective’s summary of the alleged victim’s statement, obtained by Willamette Week. “Cuban then pushed his hand down the back of her jeans and inside her underwear where he cupped his hand over her groin area and inserted the tip of his finger into her vagina.”

i wonder if he gets the boot from shark tank for this?

Excerpt from police interview
Quote:
McGuire: And then as far as the consequences, I mean, that obviously that’s way down the road, possibly farther than we could even look. It’s all kind of things could happen.

Cuban: Oh my Lord. Oh my fucking Lord. Oh, that’s what you get for being nice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:27 am 

billypootons wrote:
https://deadspin.com/report-woman-told-police-that-mark-cuban-sexually-assa-1823570728

Quote:
“He then moved his hand down until it was on her buttocks,” read the Portland police detective’s summary of the alleged victim’s statement, obtained by Willamette Week. “Cuban then pushed his hand down the back of her jeans and inside her underwear where he cupped his hand over her groin area and inserted the tip of his finger into her vagina.”

i wonder if he gets the boot from shark tank for this?

Excerpt from police interview
Quote:
McGuire: And then as far as the consequences, I mean, that obviously that’s way down the road, possibly farther than we could even look. It’s all kind of things could happen.

Cuban: Oh my Lord. Oh my fucking Lord. Oh, that’s what you get for being nice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

I'm starting to think it's gonna be Kirsten Gillibrand, though. She's proving very good at being a likable cipher.

Please God not that empty headed dolt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:13 am 

That seems difficult to do in the time you are taking a picture.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Please God not that empty headed dolt.

Empty-headed dolt she may be, she's smartly making overtures to the socdems by vowing not to take PAC money and getting behind M4A, but she also appeals to a lot of the Hillary crowd by, well, being a rich white woman. (Her minority voters are probably leaning toward Kamala Harris -- Hillary Clinton's apparent hood pass was low-key one of the funniest things about the entire election.) If Mother knows well enough not to run again, I think Gillibrand will get her seal of approval.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Cuban's a pretty big guy. Highly doubt he was able to shove his hand and arm down the back of her jeans and penetrate her vagina. He would have had to really work her over to even make that possible.