It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:55 am 

The guest hosts were talking about the Urlacher fine for product endorsement, and one of them relates the endosement rules back to Jim McMahon's headband.

Annie jumps in with "Oh yeah, the Punky QB headband".

The guest host just politely said that the headband named a shoe company.

Everything in sports is just a blur to her. It doesn't stop her from guessing though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:01 am 
1000 CLUB

If you hear even 15 minutes a day of the show, it's interesting to hear how non-specifc she is, or how she often just repeats what Mike will say, in lesser words, and almost always in agreeance.

Last few weeks, her new thing has been "Cubbie luck." Mark Prior gets injured - to Annie, that's "Cubbie luck.".

Cubs lose a close game ? That's "Cubbie Luck."

I wonder if Mike or Fred came up with that idea as a way for her to stay in the conversation, but not really offer anything up to the plate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:51 am 

Quote:
Last few weeks, her new thing has been "Cubbie luck." Mark Prior gets injured - to Annie, that's "Cubbie luck.".

Sounds like the WGN brainwashing is still working on her. Someone remind her she doesn't work for their flagship anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:15 pm 

BD wrote:
If you hear even 15 minutes a day of the show, it's interesting to hear how non-specifc she is, or how she often just repeats what Mike will say, in lesser words, and almost always in agreeance.

I wonder if Mike or Fred came up with that idea as a way for her to stay in the conversation, but not really offer anything up to the plate.

hey ButtDigger, the third most associated term with 'cub luck' is mark prior http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... ext=Search :lol:

Quote:
He finished 2006 with a 1-6 record and a 7.21 ERA. In the off season, the Cubs reported that Prior suffers from a "loose shoulder" which leads to injuries and means he has to do more conditioning work. Being eligible for arbitration, Prior then proceeded to ask for a pay raise from $3.65 million 2006 to $3.875 million for 2007. The Cubs avoided arbitration with Prior when he settled for a one year $3.575 million contract for 2007. [2] After losing his spot in the starting rotation to Wade Miller, Prior was optioned to Triple-A Iowa for the start of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
BD wrote:

hey ButtDigger, the third most associated term with 'cub luck' is mark prior http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... ext=Search :lol:

Quote:
He finished 2006 with a 1-6 record and a 7.21 ERA. In the off season, the Cubs reported that Prior suffers from a "loose shoulder" which leads to injuries and means he has to do more conditioning work. Being eligible for arbitration, Prior then proceeded to ask for a pay raise from $3.65 million 2006 to $3.875 million for 2007. The Cubs avoided arbitration with Prior when he settled for a one year $3.575 million contract for 2007. [2] After losing his spot in the starting rotation to Wade Miller, Prior was optioned to Triple-A Iowa for the start of the season.

Actually, it's BigDick, but thanks for playing!

Annie only is using her catch phrases like Cubbie Luck because she can't contribute to a conversation with actual knowledge of what's happening on the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I think I just heard Annie ask what was wrong with Wade's shoulder while discussing the game last night.

You'd think she might know, after all it was a major injury that was all over all the news and he's playing in a playoff series against the Bulls. Jesus...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:21 am 

Quote:
I think I just heard Annie ask what was wrong with Wade's shoulder while discussing the game last night.

You'd think she might know, after all it was a major injury that was all over all the news and he's playing in a playoff series against the Bulls. Jesus...

Annie has no sports knowledge and at this point, you would think they would just send the ditz home and pay her just not to be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Also this morning, North mentions that the Yankees were swept by the Devil Rays, and how they spent $300 million, and have no starting pitchers (an exaggeration, but North probably doesn't know the facts, but I do agree in general that NYY pitching staff stinks even when healthy), and Annie chimes in with "Sound familiar?", referring to the Cubs. Mike corrects her, saying that they had signed some guys, and Annie's response was "like Rich Hill"

I think the only thing more impressive than her having this job, is keeping it as long as she has. How Mike doesn't see her as a show killer only continues to show is relationship with Harvey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:48 am 

Mike North Bashing the Cubs? Impossible. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Anne vs Gridiron Assasin in Bears trivia....who would win :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Oh man...that was low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
LOL.....well specifically, Bears Playoff trivia....