It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Annie Today
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 am 

Mike and Fred discussing Brian Anderson making the last out last night and Annie chimes in, "plus he swung on a full count, what was with that"........What? Mike moved right into another subject. This is what I get for tuning in for the 3 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:42 am 
1000 CLUB

When Mike mentions that he may hire Johnny Bach to be an NBA expert for the playoffs, Annie says "Great Idea."

She probably would have said that if Mike said he wanted Bach to be his MLB expert.

She has no idea who he is..........

Also, this morning, Mike is talking about the new boss, Dan Mason, and has the nerve to continue blasting CBS Management, the same management that has allowed him to have a show with Annie on it!! How horrible they are, letting you do whatever you want!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Well, Mike is the guy who thinks he should paid on the same level as Letterman, Leno, and Howard Stern.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:23 am 
1000 CLUB

chus wrote:
Well, Mike is the guy who thinks he should paid on the same level as Letterman, Leno, and Howard Stern.

Good point - I think his trashing of management on a regular basis is sort of Stern wannabe. It's obvious, despite his ratings, that North feels he's a big radio star, and I think ripping management is just something that the Stern's of the world do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:38 am 

I think North just realizeed, even though Mason might like him, he isnt going to make the same mistake twice and pay this guy big bucks for a 4 hour crap fest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:20 pm 

Annie procalimed herself as a knowlegable baseball fan today. <sigh>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:36 pm 

Why keep wasting time? Give up on the show, stop listening, trust me you will feel so much better. You are not going to learn anything from listening. Watching the same trainwreck day after day becomes rather boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Quote:
Evilbob: Why keep wasting time?

Amen brother. Self-torture helps no one.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

JAWS wrote:
Quote:
Why keep wasting time? Give up on the show, stop listening, trust me you will feel so much better. You are not going to learn anything from listening. Watching the same trainwreck day after day becomes rather boring.

Evilbob has a point. This morning, for instance, I get in the car.... North has Johnny Bach on. I listen for a few minutes. It turns into a shitfest quickly as North spends several minutes trying to convince Bach that Phil Jackson is a bad coach (a long time North issue). I switch to M&M. 20 straight minutes of draft talk with Kiper. Not normally a huge fan, but good, quality, relevent stuff, seeing as the NFL draft is TOMORROW! I flip back to North and co. just before getting to work, hear the intro to Bookie Priest. Want to drive my car into a tree. Reconsider, and spend the last few minutes of my drive in silence.

I have never beeen so disappointed as I was when I heard North's old buddy was back at the helm of CBS radio. God I had such high hopes that this think would come to an end.

On the first update this morning, Fred mentions the draft is tomorrow, and Mike starts snouring.

That's when you know that these hosts are just spoiled.

1) We have one with no sports knowledge at all.
2) We have another that just comes out and says the NBA Playoffs are irreelevent. (maybe some feel that way, but isn't your job having some knowledge of it ?)
3) We have another host who will probably rip the Bears draft on Monday, but has made it known he doesn't care about one of the most popular sporting events around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

I like to tune in for at least twenty minutes so I can feel smarter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 am 

When arguing who was the best coach in Chicago with a caller on Friday, I believe North said that Wannstedt won 12 games one year for the Bears.

Did I hear this right? I almost choked on my breakfast when I heard that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
enigma wrote:
When arguing who was the best coach in Chicago with a caller on Friday, I believe North said that Wannstedt won 12 games one year for the Bears.

Did I hear this right? I almost choked on my breakfast when I heard that.

Keep in mind that North was also a huge supporter of both John Schoop & Dick Jauron (not to mention Kyle Orton). :roll:

The thing that kills me about his anti-Phil Jackson argument is that he always says that Jackson has only won with great players - which is true. However, he then professes love for Pat Riley. Now I agree that Riley is a top coach - but how many championships did he win without great players??? NONE! In fact - if that is the criteria for great coaches then there aren't any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
That would be a good question to ask Mike. How many coaches in any sport have won without great players? None. I can't remember any last place team stumbling their way into a championship. That's why there's a playoff system - to ensure that the best players face the best players for a championship.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:26 pm 

North always goes contrarian, he always has, thats his whole act. The problem is that he no longer does his homework. Now he just grasps at straws. Instead of relying on caller input he used ann and Fred. Now there are women that can do sports radio. Ann is not one of them. If I wanted to have a sports related conversation with an uninformed middle aged woman I could talk to my mother in law. Isn't sports talk radio supposed to be an escape from those moments in life? Once you come to that realization and begin to avoid the Mike North Morning show you will feel much better about yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
She just said that Cardinals pitchers dying before they start a series with the Cubs is becoming a pattern.

First of all, Annie, the deaths were on Saturday and Sunday, when the series had already started. Second of all, two deaths in four years is a pattern? It is called a coincidence.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:09 am 
1000 CLUB

chus wrote:
She just said that Cardinals pitchers dying before they start a series with the Cubs is becoming a pattern.

First of all, Annie, the deaths were on Saturday and Sunday, when the series had already started. Second of all, two deaths in four years is a pattern? It is called a coincidence.

Something about playing the Cubs that causes their pitchers to suddenly die. That must be what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I love how they have to insert some Notre Dame talk in there just to give Annie something to talk about. Sure, the Brady Quinn slide was somewhat newsworthy, but you get the feeling if Annie wasn't a Notre Dame fan they would have talked about it for maybe 10 seconds. Instead, they go on and on about it. I'm sure it's forced just because she has at least a cursory knowledge of Notre Dame football as opposed to every other sports team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
I love how they have to insert some Notre Dame talk in there just to give Annie something to talk about. Sure, the Brady Quinn slide was somewhat newsworthy, but you get the feeling if Annie wasn't a Notre Dame fan they would have talked about it for maybe 10 seconds. Instead, they go on and on about it. I'm sure it's forced just because she has at least a cursory knowledge of Notre Dame football as opposed to every other sports team.

I think what's even more newsworthy is that Mike is proud of the fact that he watched no draft coverage this weekend.

That's just another example of somebody too spoiled by their position.

Also interesting that North is going to predict that Quinn will be the best QB in this draft despite consistently yawning about any draft talk because he doesn't care.