It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Michaels on Broadway
I just hope that this proves that the only insiders are people who actually work NOW for the station and not people who know the brother of a guy who knows someone who worked with a guy whose sister dated a guy in sales at WBBM FM who knew a guy who worked for the Score.

If there is any news at all, you're gonna know it either from Mike himself on the show, or in Feder or if someone who legitimatly works in the inner circle leaks it.

Don't rely on random people who think they know......

This isn't f'n I Predict

-Rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Rock. Are you sure? Because when I spoke to Terry's Peeps' boyfriend's 3rd grade classmate's second uncle's dog-sitter, they seemed very "in the know." Hope you enjoyed the updates.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:08 pm 

Agreed with everything you said rock, but the MNMS still sucks and all I hear from you and your leader are excuses. There is plenty of B.S on this board, but the MNMS excuse team is a card caring member of that club.

The show has FAILED and the only reason its on the air is because of his contract, otherwise, the plug would have been pulled a long time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
hey rockhead,

go eat a triple cheeseburger and lg fry and get your resume ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Allow me to translate what Rock meant by this post.

Rock - Screw you guys. You're guy was wrong. We suck but are still gonna be on the air. Na Na. Take that Chicago.

Congratulations Rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is Rock saying "I told you so"?

what a dumbfuck.

Fact- MIKE NORTH show is only local sports morning show in Chicago.

fact- Mike and Mike arent very good.

fact- Mike and Mike consistently beat the Mike North show.

fact- the SUITS that pay North dont like losing to a NATIONAL show in the third biggest market.

fact- All of the excuses in the world cannot change the fact that the MIKE NORTH SHITFEST is brutally aweful!

fact- ROCK KNOWS IT but wont admit to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
The whole point of the thread is that XScoreGuy, who was a tremendous pud, was wrong. That has nothing to do with whether or not the MNMS sucks. Sometimes in these "insider" threads, the board likes to have a little bit more faith than is deserved. All the complaints about the MNMS are a complete non-sequitor here. Beardown is the only person who seems to have gotten that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:03 pm 

Quote:
The whole point of the thread is that XScoreGuy, who was a tremendous pud, was wrong. That has nothing to do with whether or not the MNMS sucks. Sometimes in these "insider" threads, the board likes to have a little bit more faith than is deserved. All the complaints about the MNMS are a complete non-sequitor here. Beardown is the only person who seems to have gotten that.

Quote:
Allow me to translate what Rock meant by this post.

Rock - Screw you guys. You're guy was wrong. We suck but are still gonna be on the air. Na Na. Take that Chicago.

So, that means, we suck, stealing money, no desire or feel the need to do anything to improve the show and being half ass, but yet getting paid for it and its ok to brag about it. .......To me, thats sad, but its nice to see that North's work ethic is rubbing off on Rock. :roll:

Yea, I didnt but xscoreguy posts, but how bad is it that Rock has to come here and brag about a poster being wrong, I guess he cant brag about the show, so whatever floats your boat I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:34 am 
1000 CLUB

My whole point of posting in the first place is that most of you believe just a random poster who never appeared before that thread. Need I post some examples....??

XScoreGuy wrote:
I was told by a score employee that north will be off the air by mid may. North and the big shots are talking buyout this week.

Mr. Belvidere wrote:
This is what I've been waiting to read here since I found this site. It all makes sense but I believe it when I hear it.

Sorry Nas....Sorry dolphin....sorry IKE

HE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beardown wrote:
It makes sense. They can buy out Pappy for half of what's left on his deal. Pay the new guys next to nothing. They'll be happy to take it for a year try out chance. That way the Score saves money and can be done with the idiot.

Beardown wrote:
Saying Pappy and the Score want a "buy out" isn't slander. It's speculation and XscoreGuy has a source. Newspapers do this all of the time.

XScoreGuy wrote:
Nas, when this happens, I would hope you are willing to say I was right. I know I dont have 1,000,000 posts here like you, but I know anything I hear from the people at WSCR, were I use to work, is very reliable info. I dont care if you believe it, but I am willing to wait it out and be proven right.

Then May rolls around....

pastafajool wrote:
What ever happened to THIS troll who started this thread? Hmmm?

BD wrote:
pastafajool wrote:
What ever happened to THIS troll who started this thread? Hmmm?

He was making things up. Could it be true, that North won't get a new deal ? Yes, but this guy knew nothing.

Coach Crapowski wrote:
Don't forget to call Terry's Peeps' boyfriend's 3rd grade classmate's second uncle's dog-sitter.

My point was to not believe just random stuff. I know you all (or at least most of you) want Mike and the show gone....but don't fall into the false hope trap. The only way you'll know anything is if it comes from a real reliable source.

The title of the thread was "What Happened To XScoreGuy?" ......has anyone answered it yet??

-Rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:08 am 

Quote:
My point was to not believe just random stuff.

You should give that advice to Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

Rock. We all know what your point was. Nobody can argue with it. I was just busting your chops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Rock, Is it possible X-Score guy was correct at the time he posted this? Mike was clearly agitated on the air at that time and alluded more than once on the air to something going on about the show and its future. One week after X Score guy posted this, Hollander and Hollander left CBS, replaced by Dan Mason. With a new CEO in charge, who may be more supportive of Mike, was Mike saved just in time by the change at the top?

This may not be as black and white as X-Score Guy or you are making it out to be. I'm not sayin, I'm just askin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

X-Score Guy was an idiot.
If there was an ignore button on this site, I would have used it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He did email me a few days ago as his account went inactive, I did reactivate him today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:20 am 

Quote:
He did email me a few days ago as his account went inactive, I did reactivate him today

Thanks BF, now to some answers for the crap I seem to be taking here. I will start with Rock.

First of all Rock, I said "Mid May", also this was before Mason took over, if I knew this, I would have assumed he would be staying for the life of the contract and after a few calls, it appears to be the case. If things had stayed as is at CBS radio, he would be gone, I stand behind that, but my statement didnt come through, so I take the heat, unlike you Rock, who goes into hiding after every single book comes out. I would love to share the stories on how Mike makes you is personal punching bag, but that is for another day.

The one thing I do know Rock is that the MNMS is going off the air sooner then later and when it does, your "guy" will be put in his place, Mason isnt going to renew the guy at his current salary or time slot and North has been told that, so that is why he continues to slam Managment. He can blame Paul all he wants, but he got his chance and crapped in his pants.

Fact: I know more about what is going on at your station then you do and I dont even work there any longer.

Fact: North isnt going to get a new contract from CBS and a buyout is still a very likely outcome, he can deny it, but it will happen.

Fact: North was pushing for a buyout for the last year, so he can deny it all he wants, but when Paul tells me this, I take his word over Norths anyday.

Rock, take pride in your small victory, because it shows that you have fallen into the shallow minded ways of North, thats why Buch left, not for any other reason then he grew tired of Mike ways.

See Rock, I will come here when I am right and wrong, unlike you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:23 am 

Keeping Score. I know who XScoreGuy is:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:27 am 

Quote:
Keeping Score. I know who XScoreGuy is:

Thats funny. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

XScoreGuy wrote:
Quote:

Thanks BF, now to some answers for the crap I seem to be taking here. I will start with Rock.

First of all Rock, I said "Mid May", also this was before Mason took over, if I knew this, I would have assumed he would be staying for the life of the contract and after a few calls, it appears to be the case. If things had stayed as is at CBS radio, he would be gone, I stand behind that, but my statement didnt come through, so I take the heat, unlike you Rock, who goes into hiding after every single book comes out. I would love to share the stories on how Mike makes you is personal punching bag, but that is for another day.

The one thing I do know Rock is that the MNMS is going off the air sooner then later and when it does, your "guy" will be put in his place, Mason isnt going to renew the guy at his current salary or time slot and North has been told that, so that is why he continues to slam Managment. He can blame Paul all he wants, but he got his chance and crapped in his pants.

Fact: I know more about what is going on at your station then you do and I dont even work there any longer.

Fact: North isnt going to get a new contract from CBS and a buyout is still a very likely outcome, he can deny it, but it will happen.

Fact: North was pushing for a buyout for the last year, so he can deny it all he wants, but when Paul tells me this, I take his word over Norths anyday.

Rock, take pride in your small victory, because it shows that you have fallen into the shallow minded ways of North, thats why Buch left, not for any other reason then he grew tired of Mike ways.

See Rock, I will come here when I am right and wrong, unlike you.

A ghost has risen from the dead......speaking of going into hiding.

OK...you're right on the Mason thing....i'll give you that. Whether or not Hollander would have kept Mike around is another issue. Personally I think either way it went Mike was staying and honoring his contract. You may have to make some more "calls" to see if I might be correct on that one.

I didn't go into "hiding" as you like to put it......I'm right here pal. I think alot of people on this board can at least say when the "heat" is turned onto me, I'm right there with a response. Keep in mind, I'm not the one talking on the air, people don't write the Mike North Morning Show w/Rock Mamola in the diaries....it's more like WSCR or The Score or 670AM. If you want to criticize someone going into "hiding".....look in the mirror pal. You talk all that smack Mr. Insider, then you disappear till now. Did you go on an extended vacation or were ya just hibernating till spring?? You Big ol' Bear you!!! And plus, since you don't work with us any longer, why not let the people who do still work there and read these boards know who you are big shot?? Come on, I'm sure as soon as the people know who you are, they'll form their own opinion on how reliable you really are.

If you want to talk ratings then talk about how our year to year growth has been vastly unreported. I think the show is doing fine ratings wise. Yeah, we're not beating Mike And Mike....but when you have your show on TV, have a brand name behind you, get replayed in the afternoon, have billboards all over the place, do play by play of arena football games (which is nothing but promotion for them), and and AND get mentioned on Sportscenter on a regular basis not to mention co-hosting it once in a while and guest hosting on shows like NFL Live.......it's a tough fight wouldn't you say?

Do I think Mike is going to get re-signed.....yes

Do I think he's gonna get the money he makes now......well, with budget cuts all over CBS......I don't know.

Do I think we're gonna be off the air sooner than later.....no

And plus Mike has always slammed management, even before the $$$ was there.

If you wanna take Paul's word over North's.....fine, do whatever you want. All I know is Mike has been straight up honest with me and the entire show.....he's a man of his word, and I'm sure if something was going on, he'd let us all know about it.

Was I looking for a victory?? No....it's just when you come here, talk shit, and leave for a bit.....then none of it comes to be true.....it's like that song by Fort Minor

"Where'd You Go....I Miss You So....Seems Like It's Been Forever....Since You've Been Gone....Please Come Back Home"

Listen.....I'm not planning on being at the Score forever either....it is a nice starting point for me, but I wanna do smaller market radio where there is no big money/big ego types I gotta deal with. You want to state facts like you know everything.....here's a fact.....

I don't know who you are, or where you "worked" with us at the Score....but you're no longer there, and from my point of view...you don't have a leg to stand on if that's the case with your insider BS.

I'm right here if you wanna chat Mr. X

-Rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 am 

Rock,

Quote:
And plus Mike has always slammed management, even before the $$$ was there.

He never blasted Managment until his "guys" left. When they were there, he ran the station and everyone knows it.

Quote:
Yeah, we're not beating Mike And Mike....but when you have your show on TV, have a brand name behind you, get replayed in the afternoon, have billboards all over the place, do play by play of arena football games (which is nothing but promotion for them), and and AND get mentioned on Sportscenter on a regular basis not to mention co-hosting it once in a while and guest hosting on shows like NFL Live.......it's a tough fight wouldn't you say?

Expect for being mentioned on ESPN, Mike and Jigs were offered all of that before and North said he didnt need it, even after he went solo, so he cant cry, because Jeff wanted to dump big bucks into him, Mike said no.

Quote:
If you wanna take Paul's word over North's.....fine, do whatever you want. All I know is Mike has been straight up honest with me and the entire show.....he's a man of his word, and I'm sure if something was going on, he'd let us all know about it.

That is a dangerous road career wise you have decided to go, but thats your choice. I agree with Mike on one thing, you are one of the best in the business and maybe you will get on a show were you can use those skills.

Rock, I am not trying to fight with you, I have my reasons for my dislike for Mike, things I have seen and heard up close, you disagree with me and thats cool, but like I wont change your mind, you wont change mind.

With all this said, I am leaving this board, because while it is fun, I dont feel the need to prove my past and bascially a large portion of the people here dont really get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:11 pm 

...And so another personality goes off in the sunset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:15 pm 

Quote:

Uhmmm...Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:15 pm 

This board is approaching a turnover rate close to that of Boomerang Marketing group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
If you want to talk ratings then talk about how our year to year growth has been vastly unreported. I think the show is doing fine ratings wise. Yeah, we're not beating Mike And Mike....but when you have your show on TV, have a brand name behind you, get replayed in the afternoon, have billboards all over the place, do play by play of arena football games (which is nothing but promotion for them), and and AND get mentioned on Sportscenter on a regular basis not to mention co-hosting it once in a while and guest hosting on shows like NFL Live.......it's a tough fight wouldn't you say?

Rock - Everything you say may be true, but you guys have the trump card. As you station often reminds us, you guys talk White Sox, Cubs, Bears, and Bulls while they talk Red Sox, Yankees, etc.

Are you suggesting that their brand name and national perspective is more attractive to listeners than local sports radio with the station's big ticket host ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:30 pm 

Quote:
Rock - Everything you say may be true, but you guys have the trump card. As you station often reminds us, you guys talk White Sox, Cubs, Bears, and Bulls while they talk Red Sox, Yankees, etc.

Are you suggesting that their brand name and national perspective is more attractive to listeners than local sports radio with the station's big ticket host ?

Plus, yesterday when I tuned in, North and Fred were saying how cool it was to do a national show or being interviewed on one :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

You're back Xscore guy!!!! We missed you. LOL.

Yeah. This "Brand" name crap is bull shit. The Score's has a brand too. Pappy's show is just a bad brand. Pappy can't admit that. If a morning guy was better he'd beat Mike & Mike. No doubt in my mind.

Just the latest Pappy excuse. Looks like he even convinced Rock of this bull shit.

I mean look at all of the sports radio listeners that are out there in the morning that Pappy doesn't get. A shit load. Mike & Mike have 30% more listeners then Pappy. Some local sports show should get those people if they are good. The Score won't have to pay them 1.5 million to get them either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Quote:

Coming Soon: "The newest registered user is: ScoreguyX" or "Cingdom Kome"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:

. . . StickyTummy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
JSN
Broomery
Baby Egypt
Irregular Writer
Small Fan
Ridgewood Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:51 pm 

Quote:

Watch it or I will get my attorneys involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:49 pm 

XScoreGuy wrote:
Quote:

Watch it or I will get my attorneys involved.

I thought you were leaving?