It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anne
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:40 am 

Boy, I am sure she is a nice lady and all, but she is just getting worse. This morning, North was talking about how Pinnella is playng the players at any poistion and Anne chimes in "Yes, they even had Jaque Jones pinch run yesterday". Ok, first of all, he started the game yesterday and played all ten innings, so there was no way he could have pitch ran, plus its not a fricken posistion.

A few minutes ago, North said they should go back to 15 rounds in boxing, Anne said, "you cant do that, they would get brain damage". At this point", a cd goes in.

Anne belongs on te midnight shift at WGN, I dont even think she realizes how stupid and out of place she sounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Anne doesn't have any great talent like Mike says to justify why she's on the radio.

She may be a nice lady, but as they always like to tell us on that show, the radio business is cut-throat so get her the hell out of there.

I will continue to say it - this show would be far from perfect (see the North/Mahorn interview as an example), but this show could be the 'most improved show' if you got rid of Anne and her comments that just stop the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:54 am 

Quote:
I will continue to say it - this show would be far from perfect (see the North/Mahorn interview as an example), but this show could be the 'most improved show' if you got rid of Anne and her comments that just stop the show.

I agree, but he wont get rid of her because he knows us "common people" have screamed for it for two years now. Mike said it this morning, "dont take any info from fans, the will make you look stupid". That coming from a high school drop-out and maybe if he had some fan input, the show could possibly have more accurate information, instead of the incoherent ramblings boob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Some classic Annie from just the first few minutes today. First she says there were "too many sports on" last night, citing the various baseball, basketball, hockey games. Hey Annie, you work on a sports talk show. Most of us are excited there are a lot of exciting, meaningful games on. But then you go on to say you were also watching American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and the Country Music Awards. :roll:

Then the topper was you told us the Red Wings won 3-0, when it was actually 5-0. How could it be I know the correct score when I didn't even watch the game?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:16 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
Some classic Annie from just the first few minutes today. First she says there were "too many sports on" last night, citing the various baseball, basketball, hockey games. Hey Annie, you work on a sports talk show. Most of us are excited there are a lot of exciting, meaningful games on. But then you go on to say you were also watching American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and the Country Music Awards. :roll:

Then the topper was you told us the Red Wings won 3-0, when it was actually 5-0. How could it be I know the correct score when I didn't even watch the game?????

We really need a dedicated, centralized thread for all of the dumb Annie comments.

It's just such bad radio that I'm listening now for what dumb thing she is going to say.

Obviously, North hired her as a favor to Harvey Wells so firing her is probably out of the question, but this is train-wreck radio.

Post subject: Re: Anne
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 am 

Quote:
Anne belongs on te midnight shift at WGN, I dont even think she realizes how stupid and out of place she sounds.

Maybe doing the news but Steve and Johnny are not stupid like her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Annie shouldn't be on the radio, even doing traffic. She is only on because of her husband. She doesn't have any ridiculous talent that gives her this opportunity. She may be a nice person, I don't know, but that doesn't mean she should be on the radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
There was a really strange exchange this morning. In Fred's update after he gave the Cubs score, Mike said that people now just tune in to hear Piniella and if he's going to break down, that they don't care whether they win now, they just want to see the trainwreck. Perhaps eerily similar to how no one tunes in hear Annie or care if she says anything that remotely makes sense, they're just waiting to hear the next foolish and ridiculous thing that's going to come out of her mouth. Which isn't too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
There was a really strange exchange this morning. In Fred's update after he gave the Cubs score, Mike said that people now just tune in to hear Piniella and if he's going to break down, that they don't care whether they win now, they just want to see the trainwreck. Perhaps eerily similar to how no one tunes in hear Annie or care if she says anything that remotely makes sense, they're just waiting to hear the next foolish and ridiculous thing that's going to come out of her mouth. Which isn't too long.

That is a good analogy, I like it!
I'm surprised Mike let her go on this remote in the 1st place.