It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I bet if Aj were playing today he wouldn't have gave up that passes ball, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs ... rtstop-hed

there you go Coach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:43 pm 

http://www.mediamax.com/chicagolandrm/H ... _Ozzie.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
Nice job Joel.
Gotta say kudos to North for going straight up there to confront/kiss and make up with Ozzie. Harry Teinowitz won't even go in the clubhouse after a loss.

Quote:
"Mac" I've heard from Hollywood insiders that Jodie Foster is Asexual

Quote:
"Jurko" A sexual what Mac? ,,,,,,,Dynamo??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:10 pm 

I dont know, but North showing up at the game and going to Ozzie, this sounds like a pretty staged event to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
I don't think it was staged at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 pm 

MR, I doubt it to, but the whole make up thing just seems weird to me, but I think it just the fact that two huge egomaniacs are involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Going right down there and confronting or making up with Ozzie, would be what Mike would do.
Call him what you want, but Mike will not back down from anyone.
I'm sure he was hoping that Ozzie would throw one at him, just to get some more publicity. If there is one thing about Mike, he will not run away from a fight. With all of his other shortcomings, you have to at least give him that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:39 pm 

I give Mike credit for showing up, but like you said, he likes the spotlight, so is he being sincere or is he just showboating? Thats were my doubt lays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:57 pm 

For all the crap I give Mike, I do have to give him kudos for standing up to Ozzie today, it was classic, I have to give him credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:43 pm 

Regular - Nancys
I'd nominate Ozzie for a Douchebag award but figured this topic has enough threads going as it is. The swearing on air is uncalled for. It's not like someone stuck a mic in his face after a tough loss etc etc. Sign of a feeble mind :roll: If the show gets hit by the FCC, the Sox should pony up the dough.

Quote:

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:23 pm 

Jagr Bomb wrote:
I'd nominate Ozzie for a Douchebag award but figured this topic has enough threads going as it is. The swearing on air is uncalled for. It's not like someone stuck a mic in his face after a tough loss etc etc. Sign of a feeble mind :roll: If the show gets hit by the FCC, the Sox should pony up the dough.

I agree that Ozzie shouldn't of resorted to that type of language, but North and his production crew have access to the dump button. After the first one they should of been ready for another S or F bomb. When it went off, they should of dumped. On that part, we can agree to disagree, but since North benefited from this with a much needed boost to his ratings/spotlight grab, they can pony up the dough themselves and write it off as part of the "PR" budget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:54 pm 

Regular - Nancys
Quote:
"Seacrest"The delay is seven seconds. Once the button is pushed to dump him, he can go right on swearing because it takes a minute or so for the delay to re-set. If he is not put on hold or cut off, the rest of the conversation is live.

Rock may have pushed the button once, but once he did, he knew the rest would be live if he didn't cut off Ozzie's phone line. Gutsy move by Rock, don't pimp him out by complaining to the FCC. We have all heard the f word before.

I'm not in radio nor do I pretend to play a host/producer in real life but AF is correct, the first one should have been caught. This was the hot topic today with the 30 something parent's of the T-Ball crowd so North ain't hurtin'. Most of my guys listen to MJH but this was a hot topic today.

Quote:

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
"If there is one thing about Mike, he will not run away from a fight"

Did you mean fight or Light?

In no way do I think any of this was staged and North loves this crap because it gets him in the other news medias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 am 

North and anyone who seeks attention love this and seek attention out... He learned from Ditka and Dennis Rodman School of marketing... i.e... "Good or bad press is all good press...” it’s all about promotion and ratings... nothing else... North is going to use this incident as marketing thing to negotiate higher salary! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:46 am 

North acts like most guys do on-line. Real tough, just like B&B. Even though he didn't use the same cuss words as Ozzie, North did cuss during that segment. But in this period of time some folks don't think any word is off limits where some think poop is a "bad" word.
I like Ozzie, not everything he does and says, but doesn't it seem these know it alls in the press and radio always are bitching about him? I've quit listening to talk sports and only heard about this on-line. And getting tired of the Sun-Times also. That paper is going down the crapper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:30 pm 

Hot damn, Northy on the muscle. He made it to deadspin also, which links to here (but it's edited):

http://www.wearethepostmen.com/?p=1834

When all was said and done, I think AJ should have started all weekend, and Ozzie was wrong in more ways than one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Regardless of whether AJ should have started all weekend, both AJ and Ozzie were in the wrong here. And two wrongs don't make good radio. But North certainly is playing it up as if it were good radio.

AJ was wrong for being disloyal to his boss on the air. If he had a complaint about playing time, then he should have told Ozzie and then kept his mouth shut about it to anyone else...especially somebody from the media. If anyone thinks that any employee in any business (except perhaps some radio hosts) can get away with complaining about his boss's actions to the media, then perhaps they should try it sometime. Go to a major media outlet and be disloyal to your boss. Then come back here and tell us how that worked out for you.

Ozzie was in the wrong for calling North's show in the first place and then dropping the F bombs. Save the anger for AJ, who deserved it for airing his complaints publicly.