It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:30 am 
1000 CLUB

saw the ending of him on chicago tribune live

i think he said jiggs is filling in for him

then went into an award acceptance type speech on who he wanted to thank and who he owed this all too

and then became the underdog, saying something about 3/4 of the tribune saying his show wouldn't catch on in ny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:25 am 

I agree Coach. It is two days and it is not even a tryout. Not to mention it is during a week in which many people take off.

What I think Pappy really would like is to be simulcast in NY and Chicago. IIRC that was the genesis of the $1.7 contract, that Mason was going to have him on several sports stations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
good dolphin wrote:
Good luck to all of you. Enjoy your time as it is a no lose situation.

I am a little concerned with everyone involved genuflecting to New York. While it is a bigger market it is not like this is a jump from the minor leagues to the majors.

I couldn't agree more. It almost sounds like Chicago is just a bunch of rubes and he is glad to have a chance to move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Good luck to all of you. Enjoy your time as it is a no lose situation.

I am a little concerned with everyone involved genuflecting to New York. While it is a bigger market it is not like this is a jump from the minor leagues to the majors.

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. It almost sounds like Chicago is just a bunch of rubes and he is glad to have a chance to move on.

Mikey has always had that "Chicago radio is a minor league market" attitude. This is from the Feder column when he got the recurring spot on Channel 5...

"North, whose last regular television gig was two years ago on CLTV, said he was especially thrilled to join Channel 5 -- a station the lifelong Chicagoan said he grew up watching.

"It's like being in the major leagues, and I just know we're going to hit it out of the park," he said."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 pm 

With the ratings the Mike North show gets, he is in the minors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Mike is Soriano, overpaid and unproductive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:21 pm 

he will go out there and be mostly pc. he's trying to build his reputation, regardless of whatever job is out there. i wish mike would go out there and just shit all over those people like i know he wants to. not the radio people, the citizens. just two days of classic "DONT MOVE TO BEVERLEY, MOVE TO NEW YORK" hahahaha do it mike do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
A guy selling hot dogs 20 years ago is now doing a morning radio show in NYC for 2 days. Congrats to you Mike. I used to listen to you big time but now I might listen for an hour a week. Hopefully this can recharge you a little. Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Quote:
and then became the underdog, saying something about 3/4 of the tribune saying his show wouldn't catch on in ny

Shit, I would say the fact that a quarter of the tribune didn't say this would be cause for celebration for Pappy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I've heard North on WFAN a few times as a guest on Mike and the Maddog. He doesn't do his normal dumbass act...he plays it straight. It doesn't matter...he's still going to bomb. Roe and Garry did a show on a New York station and weren't recieved well...and they were a million times better than Mr. Hot Dog..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Guys, I don't think it's going to matter for Mike even if he does do a great job of hosting the next 2 days. Just the fact that whoever is hired has to get past a sensitivity background check - i.e the Chinamen comment of late - is sure to raise some eyebrows, and would probably eliminate any chance of this becoming permanent.

I wish him well, and hope he hits it, but I do think this over the board tribute to himself over the last week is way over the top. I can see if he wanted to do this if he was leaving the show in Chicago for NY, but all this is, at this point, is a tryout. I don't blame him for thinking he's hit it big with this tryout - I probably would too, but I can't listen to him patting himself on the back, and I'm sure we're going to hear the exact same stuff on Thursday and Friday.

Again, good luck, I hope he nails it, but don't think he's got a chance in hell of making this permanent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:28 pm 

BD wrote:
Guys, I don't think it's going to matter for Mike even if he does do a great job of hosting the next 2 days. Just the fact that whoever is hired has to get past a sensitivity background check - i.e the Chinamen comment of late - is sure to raise some eyebrows, and would probably eliminate any chance of this becoming permanent.

I wish him well, and hope he hits it, but I do think this over the board tribute to himself over the last week is way over the top. I can see if he wanted to do this if he was leaving the show in Chicago for NY, but all this is, at this point, is a tryout. I don't blame him for thinking he's hit it big with this tryout - I probably would too, but I can't listen to him patting himself on the back, and I'm sure we're going to hear the exact same stuff on Thursday and Friday.

Again, good luck, I hope he nails it, but don't think he's got a chance in hell of making this permanent.

I agree with everything you said BD. The patting himself on the back has been way over the top this week but I still wish limp-dick luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:15 am 

Was North supposed to be on MSNBC today? He's been bumped for the New England version of Mike North. Some guy who enjoys yelling into a microphone.