It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:11 am 

While Mike takes every chance he can to tell us about all the people that suck up to him, they are all people in his business or in sports that also love to hear their names mentioned.

I was not sure what happened about his filling in for Imus, but after listening to the congrats mails, emails calls etc, it sounded like Mike got the NYC morning job? Then reality slapped me around and I relaized he was filling in for 2 days. Mike does not like to call it a tryout, but he knows it is a tryout and I am sure he has started preparing for it right as we speak.

Just listening to him today was enough to make a Score die hard sick, because for an entire morning (again) we hear nothing about the Sox, nothing about the Cubs, we hear about Mike, Mike, Mike. How great Mike is, how he has promoted himself and on and on and on.

I always said Mike belonged at the Score and I think he would be much better in a real sports talk show with a real 'Partner' but after this week, I think the ego has inflated past the point of no return.

Time to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. It's so funny. As we said in the other thread. Morning show in Chicago on a huge frequency is pretty damn big. You wish he took that serious and tried to live up to his 1.5 million for that great break. Jeez.

How is he gonna go to NY where he knows nothing about their teams history and doesn't have that rags to ritches local story that helped him here? Oh yeah. He'll talk politics in NY becasue people go to Pappy for that. "Da death penalty is good" "Republicans are better den da democrates". Sorry. I forgot. He's good for that.

I don't listen but it doesn't suprise me that he made this show about him and his big shot in the big apple.

Does Pappy even remember why anybody liked him in the first place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:53 am 
1000 CLUB

This could be a win win for everyone involved. Do well Mike! Hell, the article even said he wanted Tranny and Fred too, so if he gets it, the possibility of them all gone, wow, thank you WFAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
Bebe must have carpal tunnel by now, what with all the emails she's sent the last few days. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:05 am 

Listened today for the first time since Tranny came back. TheDawg you are right, the only time there was sports talk was with the updates. I heard the 7 o'clock hour and it was all about himself. Cuts from other radio shows that just brought his name up, thanking everyone cause he is going to NY for two days. Then he was trying to be funny on how mobsters got their nicknames. Nothing he said was close to funny. Then the update guy said "wouldnt it be funny if howard stern and david stern switched jobs for a day?" oh yeah that would be a riot.
You guys are right, this is a train wreck. There have to be high school radio shows better then this.