It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Show - 06/05
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am 
1000 CLUB

This morning on the Mike North Morning Show, we got a trifecta.
1) Mike is upset that Jon Garland was pulled the game, and not give the chance to finish the game given the state of the bullpen, and his annoyance of pitch counts. Fred says that Garland did throw 119 pitches, gave up a leadoff hit, and Robinson Cano, who Garland had yet to get out all night, was the next batter up, obviously, at first at least, giving Mike lukewarm opposition to keeping Garland in the game. After North goes on a rant about pitchcounts, Fred then agrees with Mike, and says that he disagreed with the decision at the time as well.

2) Annie giving us her global warming thoughts again this morning. Basically, it's impossible to argue with her when the weather sucks outside, like it does today, because cold weather (really, all weather) is part of her global warming theory. Fine, don't care what she really says, but when Mike disagrees with her, her response is "Wait, until your house is under water." - Those gross talking point exaggerations that she likes to repeat from the likes of Al Gore is the reason I can't take her seriously.

3) Mike just being Mike, always defending the opposite view. Last week it was Aaron Rowand....this week, it's Dusty Baker wasn't that bad, and Cub fans are iditiots if they think he's to blame for everything. This coming from the same guy who has said numerous times in the past month that the best thing about baseball is the opinions and arguments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 am 

And I thought my girlfriend bitched alot :!:

Post subject: Re: North Show - 06/05
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:41 am 
[quote="BD"]This morning on the Mike North Morning Show, we got a trifecta.
1) Mike is upset that Jon Garland was pulled the game, and not give the chance to finish the game given the state of the bullpen, and his annoyance of pitch counts. Fred says that Garland did throw 119 pitches, gave up a leadoff hit, and Robinson Cano, who Garland had yet to get out all night, was the next batter up, obviously, at first at least, giving Mike lukewarm opposition to keeping Garland in the game. After North goes on a rant about pitchcounts, Fred then agrees with Mike, and says that he disagreed with the decision at the time as well.

I can't believe Fred is even on the radio. SO boring. SO spineless. I heard him on either this weekend or last...his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Even his updates...surely the Score can do better than Fred Huebner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:16 am 

I'm disappointed the Ron Zook interview didn't take up the entire final hour. I was sure Northy would break down the team position by position for the upcoming year and not waste 1 of his 3 minutes talking about "Take Me out to the Ballgame."

Disappointing.

I find this offensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
I agree there Chief. I was waiting for Zook to dazzle us with his football acumen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 am 

As an Illinois alumnus, I love being able to say my football coach can send a text message with the best of them. I'm dying to know who Zook's bff is. Like omg...wtf?

Post subject: Re: North Show - 06/05
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:46 am 

pastafajool wrote:
BD wrote:

I can't believe Fred is even on the radio. SO boring. SO spineless. I heard him on either this weekend or last...his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Even his updates...surely the Score can do better than Fred Huebner.

Fred is a good update guy. He is not even all that bad as a weekend host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Who is the person who emails in everytime Fred does the movie reviews saying Fred was picking his nose or scratching his butt? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:35 am 
1000 CLUB

Holy shit. Is Pappy still doing the global warming theory?

"Hey Annie its June and it's 58 degrees. Dat proves dares no global warming."

They don't even make idiots like Pappy any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:29 pm 

Quote:

They don't even make idiots like Pappy any more.

Sure they do. Turn the dial and you will here Mike Golic. Afternoons, Harry's voice fills the airwaves and David Stein gives the finishing touches overnight.

24/7 idiot radio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:32 pm 

Quote:
Sure they do. Turn the dial and you will here Mike Golic. Afternoons, Harry's voice fills the airwaves and David Stein gives the finishing touches overnight.

North has those guys beat hands down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm 

Quote:
you ever listen to David Stein Rodeo?

And his ESPN counterpart overnight - Jason Smith - is virtually no better

Stein yes, he makes me itchy. What I meant about North, was more in the "uninformed" part of the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keeping Score wrote:

'

I am ashamed to admit that I listed for about 1 hour on Sunday night while trying to go to sleep...the topic was this:

LeBron James showed tremendous skill on Thursday night taking over the game, but on Saturday, he showed even greater leadership. Detroit took the ball out of his hands and made other guys beat them. At one point during the game, James went up to Daniel Gibson and told him to ‘fill my shoes, 'fill my shoes' (Stein kept repeating this).

Callers, tonight topic is name a time when you had to take on additional responsibility because somebody else couldn’t because of circumstances that prevented it….or a time when you had to pass on responsibility, but gave encouragement through leadership.

If this is too personal of a subject, you can write me a letter instead.

Needless to say, once all the truck drivers started calling in, the show really got creepy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Stein yes, he makes me itchy. What I meant about North, was more in the "uninformed" part of the thread.

Even idiots need a leader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

overnight is so bad i find myself listening to local ny sports radio. after midnight though, because before they have the ny version of murph (mets instead of cubs), and this jewish accent that makes you want to put a gun in your mouth

I had insomnia and caught the beginning with the whole pitch count thing, his arguments are so dumb. And you really have to hear fred to believe the claims on here about him being an asskissin yes man. meanwhile tranny makes some idiotic comment 10 minutes in that no one really needed to hear just to justify her getting a check