It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike & Jesse on the NBA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
If you thought it couldn't get worse than Mike & Fred discussing the NBA, you're wrong. Brutal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
If you thought it couldn't get worse than Mike & Fred discussing the NBA, you're wrong. Brutal.

I hate when Jessie admits he doesn't watch a lot of the NBA, but then has a conversation about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:16 am 

BD wrote:
Baku wrote:

I hate when Jessie admits he doesn't watch a lot of the NBA, but then has a conversation about it.

I'm not sure which is worse- Fred the yes man, or Jessie, who Mike somehow manages to get into a shouting match with every 10 minutes.

Did you hear their discussion? Mike was talking about Parker, Ginobili and Duncan, and how they would fare against other great trios. They both agreed that they would have beaten Jordan, Pippen and Grant, because "no one would be able to guard Duncan". Like Ginobili or Parker could guard either Jordan or Pippen... Plus, Pippen would be able to shut down Ginobili.

Mike kept naming off some more trios, and Jesse said the problem is that all the groups you're naming don't have a center/PF that could guard Duncan. So Mike mentions Chamberlain and Russell, and Jesse reluctantly agrees that they might be as good or better than Duncan. I'm not denying Duncan is great, but man....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:19 am 

Plus, didn't this all-time great trio of Duncan, Ginobili and Parker lose to the great trio of Nowitzki, Howard and Devin Harris last year?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
BD wrote:
Baku wrote:

I'm not sure which is worse- Fred the yes man, or Jessie, who Mike somehow manages to get into a shouting match with every 10 minutes.

Did you hear their discussion? Mike was talking about Parker, Ginobili and Duncan, and how they would fare against other great trios. They both agreed that they would have beaten Jordan, Pippen and Grant, because "no one would be able to guard Duncan". Like Ginobili or Parker could guard either Jordan or Pippen... Plus, Pippen would be able to shut down Ginobili.

Mike kept naming off some more trios, and Jesse said the problem is that all the groups you're naming don't have a center/PF that could guard Duncan. So Mike mentions Chamberlain and Russell, and Jesse reluctantly agrees that they might be as good or better than Duncan. I'm not denying Duncan is great, but man....

I heard that, and switched to music. They're all so worried about who would guard Duncan, but Rodman was defensive player of the year, but they don't mention who would guard Jordan, the best player of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:28 am 

I would not mind seeing Pippen in his prime guard Duncan. I know he is 4 inches shorter but it is not like Duncan has a power game.