It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Officer Ella French
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Not sure how many of you have cops in your family. I think I've told this story before, but my grandfather was a sergeant and lieutenant for the Chicago police. My lasting memory of my grandmother is her sitting at the kitchen table an hour before his shift ended, chain smoking and making sure the garage door opened and he arrived.

When I was about 5, he was involved in a shooting on Grand Avenue. He just happened to be in the area of a bank robbery in progress and showed up just as they were getting in the car. Despite being about 200 feet from the robbers, every bullet missed him. He eventually killed one guy and injured another. He was a hero, but never talked much about it. One of things people don't talk about is that the guy eventually found my grandparents home number. Occasionally I would answer their phone and get a collect call from cook county prison.

I know a lot of people are hating on cops these days, and I know not every one of them is perfect, but without a cop in your family you have no idea the stress and pain that comes with it. I can't imagine what this poor woman and guy's family will have to endure for many years to come. I can only hope these criminals are never released into public again and rot in hell.

I've had Chicago cops in my family my entire life and a fairly well known detective married into it. My best friend is in law enforcement too. MANY also served. Not being an asshole, but I respect the sacrifice that people who serve our country make more than any cop.

I understand the risks cops take if they're assigned to violent areas in a major city. Outside of those officers, the job isn't as dangerous as many of us believe it is. The overwhelming majority of cops never fire their weapons in their entire career. The job has a far greater impact on their mental health. They see things on a regular basis that takes a toll on them. That's why cops commit suicide at a very high rate. They should get far more mental health support than they do and they shouldn't have to worry about their jobs if they need assistance.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Mental issues include non-stop obsessing over Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Darkside wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
This shithead was on probation for robbery. He stole a phone from some guy off Craigslist, but then got the shit beat out of him when the guy caught up with him. It wasn't even his car, so not sure why the fuck you'd shoot two cops when you can just take the risk that the cop isn't going to search the car. The car had expired plates, they could have just got the ticket and moved on.

Do you really think this was the first time these guys shot someone? Most murders aren't solved in the city. Just like most assaults aren't reported.

No idea, but if he didn't shoot the guy over the phone before its kind of a surprise he'd shoot and kill two cops. His life is fucked.

Well their bond hearing is tomorrow. Kim Foxx will probably recommend a 1000 bond.

You don't need to invent things to get upset about under these circumstances. $100 bet that bail is more than $1000. Who wants to take the under?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
For the actual bond, or what they need to post.

There should be no bond.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:

There should be no bond.

Yeah there won't be.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Not sure how many of you have cops in your family. I think I've told this story before, but my grandfather was a sergeant and lieutenant for the Chicago police. My lasting memory of my grandmother is her sitting at the kitchen table an hour before his shift ended, chain smoking and making sure the garage door opened and he arrived.

When I was about 5, he was involved in a shooting on Grand Avenue. He just happened to be in the area of a bank robbery in progress and showed up just as they were getting in the car. Despite being about 200 feet from the robbers, every bullet missed him. He eventually killed one guy and injured another. He was a hero, but never talked much about it. One of things people don't talk about is that the guy eventually found my grandparents home number. Occasionally I would answer their phone and get a collect call from cook county prison.

I know a lot of people are hating on cops these days, and I know not every one of them is perfect, but without a cop in your family you have no idea the stress and pain that comes with it. I can't imagine what this poor woman and guy's family will have to endure for many years to come. I can only hope these criminals are never released into public again and rot in hell.

Two of my cousins were cops. One of them shot a guy who was trying to rob a liquor store while he was off duty years ago.
I grew up less than 300 feet away from a police station. I have a tremendous amount of respect for police and what they do. I work very closely with them now as part of my job. Some of my closest friends work out of the Englewood district currently

I am not a defund the police guy. I just don't believe that they should be above the law. That's the only issue that I have.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Sbarro
Caller Bob wrote:
Mental issues include non-stop obsessing over Trump.

Yes. MANY of them wear red hats when off duty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:

Two of my cousins were cops. One of them shot a guy who was trying to rob a liquor store while he was off duty years ago.
I grew up less than 300 feet away from a police station. I have a tremendous amount of respect for police and what they do. I work very closely with them now as part of my job. Some of my closest friends work out of the Englewood district currently

I am not a defund the police guy. I just don't believe that they should be above the law. That's the only issue that I have.

You grew up with Kim Foxx?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I don't know where she grew up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Cabrini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Cabrini

I didn't know that. I didn't grow up there but I did live there for a time. I don't recall a police station being all that close. There used to be security stations in the building though.

I grew up near the old station at 29th and Prairie.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

How did one of them get charged with a UUW but not murder? One of them is gay.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brothers-cha ... 00640.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Cabrini

I didn't know that. I didn't grow up there but I did live there for a time. I don't recall a police station being all that close. There used to be security stations in the building though.

I grew up near the old station at 29th and Prairie.

There's a station on Larrabee.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:06 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
I hope they get probation. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:

That dispatcher did great work, but why the fuck were they driven 20 minutes to the hospital in police cars with head wounds? He broke at the end when he found out where she was shot at.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah, ya wonder if waiting two more minutes for a proper ambulance with EMTs and related gear would've been the better move. dispatcher seemed surprised they were on the move with the wounded in cruisers, but he rolled with it. Good job thinking 3 steps ahead clearing a path to the hospital and having the ER at the ready. host giving the City of Chicago grief at the end for having antiquated police radios was something. upgraded communications for emergency services isn't even a thought in the annual Chicago budget process. You can't have nice things when you have to pay retirees in Arizona their pensions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
The overwhelming majority of cops never fire their weapons in their entire career.
Not even on a practice range?!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
The overwhelming majority of cops never fire their weapons in their entire career.
Not even on a practice range?!

Practice? We're talking about practice, man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:02 pm 

Huh. I figured there would be a lot of posts retracting what his bond was going to be from certain people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Lefty Guns wrote:
Huh. I figured there would be a lot of posts retracting what his bond was going to be from certain people.

No need for a retraction.

Darkside wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

There should be no bond.

Yeah there won't be.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:37 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:

No need for a retraction.

Darkside wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

There should be no bond.

Yeah there won't be.

I know you get a raging erection any time I post, but if it doesn’t apply to you then don’t worry about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
No bond. Shocking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

They look like entirely different people on their Facebook profiles. A lot can change in a couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nas wrote:

I've had Chicago cops in my family my entire life and a fairly well known detective married into it. My best friend is in law enforcement too. MANY also served. Not being an asshole, but I respect the sacrifice that people who serve our country make more than any cop.

I understand the risks cops take if they're assigned to violent areas in a major city. Outside of those officers, the job isn't as dangerous as many of us believe it is. The overwhelming majority of cops never fire their weapons in their entire career. The job has a far greater impact on their mental health. They see things on a regular basis that takes a toll on them. That's why cops commit suicide at a very high rate. They should get far more mental health support than they do and they shouldn't have to worry about their jobs if they need assistance.

But if you're a cop in the suburbs, aren't you still dealing with drug addicts and domestic violence? I would imagine they don't pull their gun out frequently, but I'd assume there's a lot of potential for fighting with a suspect. That said, I absolutely agree about the mental side.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

But if you're a cop in the suburbs, aren't you still dealing with drug addicts and domestic violence? I would imagine they don't pull their gun out frequently, but I'd assume there's a lot of potential for fighting with a suspect. That said, I absolutely agree about the mental side.

I'm not suggesting that job is easy. I'm simply saying that we've been conditioned to believe that every cop leaves out of their house to go work in Englewood daily. That's far from the truth. I'll be honest, having a mentally ill person throw urine or feces at me is maybe a step below getting shot in my mind.

A family member discussed going to the scene of a fatal accident and seeing a severed limb yards away from the accident. He talked about it like you or I would joke about a video game or movie. That shouldn't be normal for anyone. Those are things cops and EMS workers see daily though. IMO that's where the trauma comes from. That may even be why some officers do things that seem irrational to us. Mentally they are in a different world.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not suggesting that job is easy. I'm simply saying that we've been conditioned to believe that every cop leaves out of their house to go work in Englewood daily. That's far from the truth. I'll be honest, having a mentally ill person throw urine or feces at me is maybe a step below getting shot in my mind.

A family member discussed going to the scene of a fatal accident and seeing a severed limb yards away from the accident. He talked about it like you or I would joke about a video game or movie. That shouldn't be normal for anyone. Those are things cops and EMS workers see daily though. IMO that's where the trauma comes from. That may even be why some officers do things that seem irrational to us. Mentally they are in a different world.

Jesus man, I hear you though. I was working for a public works department in high school. We had to clean out the firing range and this cop had a picture of a guy that committed suicide by putting his head on the train rail. They set up the head for the picture so that it was on his ass. You could see all the shit coming out of his neck. I'll never forget the visual. They acted like it was the funniest thing they've ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:47 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Apparently she was part of the crew that responded to an infant being shot a few months ago and stayed with the baby the entire time.

Also, Anjanette Young, who is suing the city for a raid on her home in 2019 or something, said Ella was the only officer that treated her with dignity.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/11/ ... ty-respect

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next