It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

On ChicagoSports.com from Teddy Greenstein:

"Mike North Morning Show" contributor Anne Maxfield didn't say farewell Thursday, but it was her final show. Maxfield's contract would not have expired until the fall, but she asked WSCR-AM officials for an early buyout. Maxfield's role decreased once North's show moved away from news and politics and exclusively toward sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Wow. I'm shocked Pappy didn't have her on for a teary goodbye and tell her that she was good for the show because "she's beautiful" or something. Maybe that will be done today. Over the phone or something.

Uh oh. Does this mean Jen Jen gets promoted to reading the news? The smart thing to do would be not to replace Annie at all.

Pappy still will be bad. It's like throwing a chair off the Titanic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:39 am 
1000 CLUB

I say it here and Teddy Greenstein writes it there an hour or so later.

Terry Boers peeps ain't got nuttin' on me. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Ok Grid. Mac got word of it and told you. WE'RE HAPPY FOR YOU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:14 am 
1000 CLUB

I don't know why you cats think I get fed any 'inside information' from Dan McNeil. I'm merely a casual acquaintance of his that shares an interest in a handful of overlooked rock bands of the late 70s and early 80s.

I've got peeps I tell ya! The walls of WSCR have ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:39 am 
1000 CLUB

On a related note, after hearing word of Annie's departure, all of the cock tail girls at Gibsons are getting to bed early tonight, laying out their sexiest outfits, and practicing laughing at meat ball jokes. All in anticipation of Pappy's Friday lunch at their establishment.

Good luck girls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mikey Two Times said this morning that she was the one person he never had to worry about on the show. He said she always came prepared and ready to go for the show. Nice judge of talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
hootmon wrote:
Mikey Two Times said this morning that she was the one person he never had to worry about on the show. He said she always came prepared and ready to go for the show. Nice judge of talent.

Consider how well Mike comes prepared....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:29 am 
1000 CLUB

Who the hell watched you Pappy. You were never prepared. I'm sure you're still not.

I was actually curious today. Turned Pappy on for the 2nd time this year. I didn't tune in until 6:40. I haven't heard any mention of Annie. Did he gush over her and say management sucks and all of that crap?

I have heard Jen's updates. Wow. It's funny how they had a national search for a producer when the show started. Then he gets fired as a scape goat and JEN JEN replaces him.

Annie is the decision for the News girl. She's gone and JEN JEN looks like she's gonna replace her. Ain't it a kick in the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:31 am 

Great news. I listened to the show from day 1 and it never worked. Although it was not really her fault, she was the icon of the failed general topics format switch. The one thing I do not understand is how Teddy can write that the show has moved back exclusively to sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:35 am 

Bonefish Grill must be crushed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:57 am 

One of the worst draft picks in the history of draft picks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Wow! Finally....

This only means something though if they keep Jen off the air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:03 am 
1000 CLUB

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
I don't know why you cats think I get fed any 'inside information' from Dan McNeil. I'm merely a casual acquaintance of his that shares an interest in a handful of overlooked rock bands of the late 70s and early 80s.

Good Job - You called for her firing! We've been doing that for 2 years (or whatever it's been)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:09 am 

BD wrote:
Wow! Finally....

I suspect we will all be extremely disappointed in this regard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Gridiron Assassin wrote:

Grid is on it when it comes to predictions/info/etc...

He's sent me information before and voila.....about an hour later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am 

hootmon wrote:
BD wrote:
Wow! Finally....

I suspect we will all be extremely disappointed in this regard.

Jesse Rogers might be available to do the news & weather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Awe come on guys, just give Anne a chance and you will see.....I remember someone named Medic4321 or 1234 said something like Anne is going to give Mike a run for his money....I wonder what that person is thinking now?

I can wait to read Big Fan's reaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm sure Mike at some point will address, and make her out to be some great talent that was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:34 am 

BD wrote:
I'm sure Mike at some point will address, and make her out to be some great talent that was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He did have a bit of a soliloquy early today about how she really, really tried, but asked to get out of her contract because she felt like a "third wheel" at times. He also said she had nothing to be ashamed of since she and Jen are blazing the path for women in sports talk radio.

Actually, he did not seem too broken up about it, which surprised me. I was expecting a tirade against management or ignorant listeners. Instead, he seemed to have the attitude of, "she's gone and dat's dat."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:43 am 
1000 CLUB

hootmon wrote:
BD wrote:

He did have a bit of a soliloquy early today about how she really, really tried, but asked to get out of her contract because she felt like a "third wheel" at times. He also said she had nothing to be ashamed of since she and Jen are blazing the path for women in sports talk radio.

Actually, he did not seem too broken up about it, which surprised me. I was expecting a tirade against management or ignorant listeners. Instead, he seemed to have the attitude of, "she's gone and dat's dat."

I'd love to hear him further explain how he and Jen are blazing the path for women in sports talk radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:47 am 

BD wrote:
hootmon wrote:
BD wrote:

I'd love to hear him further explain how he and Jen are blazing the path for women in sports talk radio.

Blazing the path for them to be third wheels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:52 am 
1000 CLUB

It sounds like she got canned, according to Feder. Why else would you pay her until September? The last line is the best!!!!

"Anne Maxfield has signed off after three years as Mike North's morning co-host at CBS Radio sports/talk WSCR-AM (670). Her last day on the air was Thursday.

After adopting a more sports-oriented format and diminishing Maxfield's role on the show, Score bosses chose not to renew her contract. She will be paid through the end of her deal in September.

News on North's show will be handled by executive producer Jen Patterson.

Maxfield, who previously was a traffic reporter for Tribune Co.-owned news/talk WGN-AM (720) and CBS all-news WBBM-AM (780), said she plans to continue working in Chicago media and communications.

Fans can correspond with her at annemaxfield@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:04 am 

Half of the Steve and Edie tandem is gone. Since they are on AM North did not need to hear "That's right Frank" in stereo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
This is very good news, I must say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:23 am 
1000 CLUB

double post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:48 am 

I will say this, the show sounds a lot more lively this morning. Mike sounds refreshed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

JAWS wrote:

Don't get me wrong, glad to see Anne gone, but Jen reading the news sounds like a 15 year old in sophomore english nervously reading a speech from notecards.

I'll take that over Anne's ramblings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
BD wrote:
hootmon wrote:
BD wrote:

Blazing the path for them to be third wheels?

She wasn't even that I don't think. She was like a spare tire buried in the trunk with crap piled on it.