It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:23 am 
1000 CLUB

They got rid of their first producer and the news lady. Jen has a job for life with Pappy so she's not an option.

Fred is more exposed now. Like Good Dolphin has said. Fred has tried to go unnoticed for years on morning radio. He's done a good job of that. He's been a spineless yes man and tried to hide before management says "Shit, we're still employing Fred."

I say Fred is the next to go if the Score is dumb enough to renew Pappy.

What do you think? Rock or Fred? Light em up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:43 am 

The next scapegoat is the format or the management that tried to force it on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Force it on him? I remember quotes before this format was introduced with Pappy saying something like "I told management for years I wanted to do this type of radio"

Then when it went bad he said management made him and he wanted Jigs back. LOL.

Then he goes to NY and says he's gonna be the next Imus. If it works he thought of it. If it doesn't then evil management made him. That's Pappy.

I'll bet he'll deny wanting Annie even though there were quotes of him saying she was his choice. Because he spoke to her at a party and she was the feisty liberal that he needed. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 pm 

The funniest thing said about anne this morning is that she is pioneer for woman in sports radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

They said that Rodeo? Jeez. Annie actually ruined it for women if this is the example radio execs are going to look at. LOL. Pappy and crew like to exagerate their worth. I remember it being reported here that Pappy made the following claims.

a.) That he invented sports radio.

b.) Pappy & Jigs was the invention of a black guy talking to a white guy. And that PTI stole that idea from them. LOL.

c.) He was a pioneer in hiring women and blacks in radio. Nobody ever did that before him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
RodeoVann wrote:
The funniest thing said about anne this morning is that she is pioneer for woman in sports radio.

In what way? Peggy or Julie Sweika are local pioneers. Jeez, even Jill Urcheck (sp) has done sportstalk, in in her case, solo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think it will be the lack of Fritzy's comradery and the leadership of Spaceball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:28 pm 
Pappy made a point to say how much more Jen Jen and Anne had done than Julie. If I hadn't been on 355 in my truck at that point I would written it down verbatim for WYC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:09 pm 

Such a blanket statement and yet, he did nothing to support it. I would assume that Anne and Jen have kissed his ass more the nJulie ever did, so that is his thought process on that.

I find it very curious that he didnt post anything on his website, nothing and all her info is gone, for such a pioneer, you thing he would have posted something. Also, the whole time Mike was talking about Anne, the whole minute, Fred never said anything or added at the end of mikes comment, which I think speaks volumes on what Fred thought of her.

Oh well, the show was bad with her and will still be bad I assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I love it - he sits there for months, and tells everyone that Annie is a great talent (when she's not a talent at all), tells everyone they are ignorant if they have nothing positive to say ever about the show, and then Annie goes, and it's Who's Annie ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Didn't the "fabulous sports babe" have a radio show which was nationally televised in the 90s? I think she qualifies as a woman, although I admit that it's right on the borderline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="Irish Boy"]Didn't the "fabulous sports babe" have a radio show which was nationally televised in the 90s? I think she qualifies as a woman, although I admit that it's right on the borderline.[/quote]

The "Babe" looks like Rosie O'Donnell or Terri Hemmert - take your pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
Irish Boy wrote:
Didn't the "fabulous sports babe" have a radio show which was nationally televised in the 90s? I think she qualifies as a woman, although I admit that it's right on the borderline.

whoever greenlighted the fabulous sports babe radio show will go down as the worst judge of talent besides the idiot who signed mike north to his last deal. She made teri hemmert look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:57 pm 

I know she wasn't good, but wouldn't she have been much more of a "pioneer" than either of those two? She was nationally syndicated on a solo show for the largest sports media company in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Irish Boy wrote:
I know she wasn't good, but wouldn't she have been much more of a "pioneer" than either of those two? She was nationally syndicated on a solo show for the largest sports media company in the world.

Obviously, yes. Unless we're talking about pioneering a hybrid politics/sports talk show by a 2nd wheel female host. Is that a pioneering role? Well, I guess anything where the Indians perforate you with arrows is pioneering; no one said it had to be successfully pioneering/

In any event, that experiment is over, and the remnants buried. What other timeslot/genre can Pappy take on, next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:29 pm 

Where to start...There were people E-mailing north & management for day one of the "new mike north show". One one occasion north was asked why he was not taking calls, after all isn't part of doing a sports radio TALK show? His response was that he had been taking calls for years and did not need to anymore. The guy has lost his fire. He no longer wants to do sports talk, but is not talented enough to do anything else. This was a disaster from the very beginning. A lot of long time score listeners gave up on the show long ago. It was truly one of the most bizzare business concepts of all time. Ignore your core customers and get away for your basic product. The question for the past year has been what is next? Do you keep north and hope to pair him with someone that can carry him like jiggs used to do, or do you blow it up and start totally anew? The latter would work better and some of us might tune back in out of curiosity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:38 pm 

Quote:
The guy has lost his fire.

:lol: Dat's exactly right! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Look. They have given Pappy new partners, new time slots, and new formats. They gave him a shit load of money.

In the end they always switch his time slots and take away his partners. THE PROBLEM IS PAPPY. The Score can finally end it with his contract expiring soon. Just let him go. You can save money and rid your self of this no talent. It's such an easy desision.

Somebody was dumb enough to give him a huge contract and power. Why would they make that mistake again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Evilbob wrote:
Where to start...There were people E-mailing north & management for day one of the "new mike north show". One one occasion north was asked why he was not taking calls, after all isn't part of doing a sports radio TALK show? His response was that he had been taking calls for years and did not need to anymore. The guy has lost his fire. He no longer wants to do sports talk, but is not talented enough to do anything else. This was a disaster from the very beginning. A lot of long time score listeners gave up on the show long ago. It was truly one of the most bizzare business concepts of all time. Ignore your core customers and get away for your basic product. The question for the past year has been what is next? Do you keep north and hope to pair him with someone that can carry him like jiggs used to do, or do you blow it up and start totally anew? The latter would work better and some of us might tune back in out of curiosity.

I agree with most of your post except for the bolded part above - Jiggs didn't carry anyone.

Changing concept was one big mistake, attempting to shift from sports on a sports station was extremely stupid especially when neither of the two 'stars' could talk politics with any intelligence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Look. They have given Pappy new partners, new time slots, and new formats. They gave him a shit load of money.

In the end they always switch his time slots and take away his partners. THE PROBLEM IS PAPPY. The Score can finally end it with his contract expiring soon. Just let him go. You can save money and rid your self of this no talent. It's such an easy desision.

Somebody was dumb enough to give him a huge contract and power. Why would they make that mistake again?

I think he'll be back, but it's hard to argue with any of your comments. I don't believe he's ever been a ratings star for the station, just the loudest mouth.

He is one of the few hosts who can piss me off with some of his comments/opinions and I think that's a positive because so many hosts are so vanilla, but his recent show has been a major bust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:07 pm 

Quote:
One one occasion north was asked why he was not taking calls, after all isn't part of doing a sports radio TALK show? His response was that he had been taking calls for years and did not need to anymore.

Thats when he lost me, it was like FU scoreheads, I dont need you to make this work. But yet, he lost a producer, format, co-host and now a new time slot or non renwal on the horizon and yet, he will never admit to this being his fault. North is a perfect example of money going to ones head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Pappy will be renewed for less money and billboards.

If there is another scapegoat, it will be Fred.

Rock will stay as long as he can live off off the weekly check plus the $125.00 he makes for each Bears game.

And Annie will make indirect references to Pappy throwing her away whenever she is able to land a new gig... Which will be for considerably less than SCR was paying her BTW