It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sini
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
C'est la vie

:lol: I think he'd appreciate that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
That’s terrible. Way too young.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Definitely way too young. This sucks. Not a guy you'd forget, and he had his demons, but he seemed cool. I was utterly confused by the guy before I stared posting regularly, but I had a PM exchange with him once and I sort of got him a little. RIP, Sini.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
ugh...RIP Sini.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Definitely way too young. This sucks. Not a guy you'd forget, and he had his demons, but he seemed cool. I was utterly confused by the guy before I stared posting regularly, but I had a PM exchange with him once and I sort of got him a little. RIP, Sini.

Is this BMacs new account?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Caller Bob wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Tommy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:06 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Tommy

Good God, write your login info down or something....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Only if you lose yours.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Very sad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Only if you lose yours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
:(

RIP Sini.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:09 pm 

Just heard. Awful. RIP Sini

He made this place more interesting and I think had a pretty good heart under all the over the top stuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This was a bright guy who was allowed to slip through the cracks in life. He didn't have the support system he needed from family and friends, and sure as hell didn't have it from the rest of society. It's a damn shame.

This one is shaking me up because I'm sitting on a pile of PMs from him that I never answered but could have and should have. I was good for a long time about writing back when he reached out, but that goddamn fucking obsession with the art girl was just more than I knew how to navigate him through, and when he went off about how she was communicating with him through hidden signals and telepathy, I didn't know what the fuck to do with that. What were any of us supposed to do with that?

He suffered a lot and I hope that's over.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Curious Hair wrote:
This was a bright guy who was allowed to slip through the cracks in life. He didn't have the support system he needed from family and friends, and sure as hell didn't have it from the rest of society. It's a damn shame.

Completely agree. Well said.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:41 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

This one is shaking me up because I'm sitting on a pile of PMs from him that I never answered but could have and should have. I was good for a long time about writing back when he reached out, but that goddamn fucking obsession with the art girl was just more than I knew how to navigate him through, and when he went off about how she was communicating with him through hidden signals and telepathy, I didn't know what the fuck to do with that. What were any of us supposed to do with that?

Dang man that stinks. But dont be too hard on yourself. No one would know what to do with that stuff. I am sure you did more than the majority of others would have done.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, the weirdness in stalking the California girl, and it could only be called stalking at best, was uncomfortable. Went through my Facebook chats with him and they were entertaining. He’d do his sini thing and go off on a long long opener about his Arsenal rap song or something and I’d reply with a few sentences and I’d get a few paragraphs back and that would repeat a few times. I’ll miss them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:15 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Dang man that stinks. But dont be too hard on yourself. No one would know what to do with that stuff. I am sure you did more than the majority of others would have done.

100%
I had no idea about a lot or all what you posted,but no way can you blame yourself in anyway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nobody is to blame.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The world failed him. Even in death, the lack of response from friends and family was like he never existed. I can't recall seeing that in the 10+ years I've had a social media account.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:43 pm 

Yeah, there's something very icy and impersonal about the messages on that post. It's all just boilerplate "I'm sorry for your loss." I've seen death posts on Facebook before, and people work it out by posting stories for one another, talking to the person like they're still there, some kind of public grieving that always seems uncanny-valley by nature of it being Facebook, but we all agree to let it play out. It's as if everyone made a conscious decision to hold him at arm's length even in death. It makes me sad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
The world failed him. Even in death, the lack of response from friends and family was like he never existed. I can't recall seeing that in the 10+ years I've had a social media account.

I'm sure the support system was probably there for many years, but these types of stories usually play out the same way. Family and friends can only do so much, but if the person is not willing or unable to get help, the ending usually finishes the same way. I lost my cousin a few years back at the same age, and I always wonder if there was more that could have been done to help him. Maybe if I would've engaged him more, my cousin would still be here.

I only met Jimmy (Sini) a handful of times, but whenever he hung out with us at board gatherings he was always like one of the guys. We talked 90's Expos and some obscure hip hop and we could bond over that. I'll miss the random PMs or Facebook messages at weird hours of the night. I just hope the guy is at peace. In a board filled with negativity and trolls, he always seemed to be above that. He was a good dude and I'll miss him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm 

I feel like things were getting better for him for a while. He was working at Amazon and seemed to have found a niche there, but we all know about the precarity of Amazon.

I got the impression that his parents never quite knew what to make of him, his dad, especially.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
+ that he was posting to the board regularly about all manner of topics suggests maybe he was clean for a spell.

That's always the most dangerous time--people come out of rehab, out of jail, or just fall off the wagon after a period of self-imposed abstinence and bang the same amount they were using before they took a break and that's it. You would think a person with a (self) reportedly multiple decades habit would be well aware of the dangers of the initial resumption...I have no clue if that's what transpired with Sini, but a holiday weekend, Monday off work, maybe drinking and you text a dealer and next thing you know you're being memorialized. Though his last youtube post about the girl reads like someone about to check out voluntarily.

Or maybe covid got him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Definitely sorry to hear this. One of the most unique posters this forum has seen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:48 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

You didn't answer his PMs? Wow you're kinda a piece of shit...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You didn't answer his PMs? Wow you're kinda a piece of shit...

In fairness Bob , you gotta be careful answering PMs. You never know which ones will end up on the Facebook group .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
T-Bone wrote:
Definitely sorry to hear this. One of the most unique posters this forum has seen.

Yeah Sini was cool. 41 is definitely too young to go also.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
After reading his posts for a while, I assumed that he suffered from schizophrenia. He certainly displayed many of the classic symptoms and reminded me of several schizophrenics I have met. Was this not the case?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm sure the support system was probably there for many years, but these types of stories usually play out the same way. Family and friends can only do so much, but if the person is not willing or unable to get help, the ending usually finishes the same way. I lost my cousin a few years back at the same age, and I always wonder if there was more that could have been done to help him. Maybe if I would've engaged him more, my cousin would still be here.

I only met Jimmy (Sini) a handful of times, but whenever he hung out with us at board gatherings he was always like one of the guys. We talked 90's Expos and some obscure hip hop and we could bond over that. I'll miss the random PMs or Facebook messages at weird hours of the night. I just hope the guy is at peace. In a board filled with negativity and trolls, he always seemed to be above that. He was a good dude and I'll miss him.

I do agree the FB post by his cousin and the subsequent comments feel very distant, but having been through this kind of ride with my own family....I can relate. I don't know what happened to Sini, but he clearly had his issues...and it is sad. As others have said....he may have been out there, but he was genuine.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:12 am 

His closest relative was his grandpa, who died.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next