It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sini
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Doing we know what he actually died from? Outside of CH refusing to acknowledge his PMs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
His closest relative was his grandpa, who died.

That's what I got one of the last times we exchanged messages. He took his death hard. I still didn't understand how "lonely" the world was for him until now.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Didn't sini's grandfather save him from a pool or a lake or something when he was young? I seem to remember being able to piece out some sort of story like that in between his lyrics and youtube links.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am 

damn sini had asked to kick it many times. i probably should have. dude was real with his feelings thats for sure. same age as me, so seems weird that way. i know so many my age or younger that have died already.. i feel like i already beat life. the only thing i have left to do is continue pissing everyone off on this forum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
After reading his posts for a while, I assumed that he suffered from schizophrenia. He certainly displayed many of the classic symptoms and reminded me of several schizophrenics I have met. Was this not the case?

Possibly, but it's hard to tell because he was so Extremely Online that I could never tell what was genuine disordered thinking and what was doing a bit. Take the stuff with his stalking victim. When he would say that she was sending him coded messages about how much she loved him, that's such classic paranoid schizophrenia that you couldn't entirely rule it out as performance art from someone who had been fucking around on the internet since like 1996. On the other hand, doing schizophrenia as internet forum performance art generally doesn't extend to being literally homeless for a spell.

I feel bad for the girl. Imagine being stalked to that extent and being powerless to stop it and then it finally only stops when he dies. How must that feel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nas wrote:
The world failed him. Even in death, the lack of response from friends and family was like he never existed. I can't recall seeing that in the 10+ years I've had a social media account.

Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, there's something very icy and impersonal about the messages on that post. It's all just boilerplate "I'm sorry for your loss." I've seen death posts on Facebook before, and people work it out by posting stories for one another, talking to the person like they're still there, some kind of public grieving that always seems uncanny-valley by nature of it being Facebook, but we all agree to let it play out. It's as if everyone made a conscious decision to hold him at arm's length even in death. It makes me sad.

It is sad.

I wouldn't be so quick to say the world failed him or at least anybody in his world failed him. Relationships are hard. People refuse help, people break agreements, people do what they can but can't do more, people aren't equipt to deal with certain things, rights are taken into account, sometimes nothing will help, whatever. It was probably a tough road for everybody to travel.

I had an uncle that died in I think 2017 that I was close with for about 30 years. The last 5-10 years he's behavior was erratic and his relationship with most was strained because of his drug and alcohol use. When my dad asked how I was doing I said it's weird but I feel like I said good bye about 5 years ago just because of how the relationship had changed. I have a cousin on my mom's side who is beyond insane, literally. There isn't much that can be done. We've all helped or we offer help in the way we are willing to help that ultimately won't help anyway. None of us have necessarily given up but we're mostly powerless. She's angry at us most of the time. There is a resignation to it. It is very sad but the world hasn't failed her and neither has her family. She's nuts and she's never going to not be nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

I can absolutely understand how an individual could be difficult to deal with. Let's say that was the case for Sini. Does it take a lot to say kind words or any words about the deceased? Everyone just offered their condolences Sini's cousin. It was as if Sini were invisible in life. Even the obituary entry read like his body was dumped at the door of a crematory, and his family sped off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

There are always two sides. We have no idea of the backstory with sini's family and friends, and what may or may not have happened. He could have simply been misunderstood and fell thru the cracks. He could have lied, cheated, and stolen to feed an addiction. None of us really know. We saw a limited view of him through some strange posts and songs and fairly short, structured personal interactions. We can only truly reflect on what we saw/read/heard personally.

Whatever the case, I hope he is at peace and that his family, somehow, has closure and can heal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:20 pm 

It's no better or worse than what has been said here. There is no moral failing on anybody's part.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:43 pm 

Had some great fantasy baseball rivalries with Sini. Always enjoyed our conversations and his uniqueness.

Hope he is happier in the afterlife then he was here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
When my dad asked how I was doing I said it's weird but I feel like I said good bye about 5 years ago just because of how the relationship had changed.

I totally get this.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:
I can absolutely understand how an individual could be difficult to deal with. Let's say that was the case for Sini. Does it take a lot to say kind words or any words about the deceased? Everyone just offered their condolences Sini's cousin. It was as if Sini were invisible in life. Even the obituary entry read like his body was dumped at the door of a crematory, and his family sped off.

I don't think the social media activity is a barometer of anything other than his family's engagement with social media.

But usually even chronic luddites make an effort with the obit. maybe they published a more appropriate / detailed obituary in a dead trees paper. Although usually those get picked up by online obit sites. So probably that almost a one-liner is all they could be arsed to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Curious Hair wrote:
Possibly, but it's hard to tell because he was so Extremely Online that I could never tell what was genuine disordered thinking and what was doing a bit.

Lane Campbell was another extremely online individual with some overlap with Sini in terms of both enjoying the troll and being huge music fans (way different genres) who haunted and harassed various internet forums and mailing lists since way back. I think LC took himself out. Hadn't really heard anything back when I was still sorta keeping an eye on postcard right after Lane's body was found in the park. Unsubscribed at some point and never went back to check.

If Sini was an OD, probably impossible to know if he meant to do it or if it was a legit accidental death by misadventure. You'd expect Sini to leave the longest suicide note ever but then I imagine when someone's at that point documenting your thoughts might not be a priority. Considering Sini's level of experience with substances you would think the only way he OD's is intentionally.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm 

I get your point, but hasn't fentanyl brought a whole new Russian-roulette aspect to shooting up? Still, the ending of that last video could be construed as a goodbye. I don't know. I can't play detective. It just sucks that it ended this way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Well, he was a very prolific amateur rapper: https://m.youtube.com/user/sinicalypse/videos

I will remember for being someone who liked Les Grobstein on a personal level.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:20 pm 

I wasn't wrong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

A quick glance at that thread reminds me that I have tunnel vision for many things on this board. I knew there was a girl or girls, but I never knew the depths of his "obsession". Kind of like how I completely missed the whole Degenerate Dave thing, despite posting daily.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

His grandpa was his support system and someone who loved him no matter what he did.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:41 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

His grandpa was his support system and someone who loved him no matter what he did.

as long as he didnt grow a beard

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:32 pm 

Sini was a good dude. From what I could tell his family was lame. But not worse than some on this board treated him but at the same time I wouldn't want everyone here to be nice and neither would he.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:39 pm 

btw, that chick looks about as vapid as an Instachick can possibly be. Self-indulgent, and superficial. She was not worth it…

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 pm 

W_Z wrote:
btw, that chick looks about as vapid as an Instachick can possibly be. Self-indulgent, and superficial. She was not worth it…

Be that as it may, the extent to which he created an entire person in his head and imposed it upon her is such that it barely even matters who the real person is.

In my darker moments, I wondered if maybe he just wanted to hurt someone out there just to know that he could and he picked her. He was accusing her of breaking into his house and rearranging his action figures to tell him that she loved him. That's not even a kind way to be infatuated with someone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm 

He definitely was very close to being a different kind of headline. It’s weird he’d be that nuts over the equivalent of bhad babie or whatever other assembly line “influencer” out there.

I would’ve thought he would’ve been into someone more bookish.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 pm 

She was just some 19-year-old community college art student from Kankakee or something. Probably went on Tinder, swiped on weird characters for the lulz, and had no idea what she started.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:
He was accusing her of breaking into his house and rearranging his action figures to tell him that she loved him.

Tale as old as time. If memory serves, that’s how Lauren Bacall pinned down Bogart.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

All I got from the thread is CH is probably older than I thought, TM has incongruences in his life story, and everything about Sini is a little heartbreaking as is society in general.

There is nothing to analyze or go over here though and he wasn't a bad person, really quite the opposite.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
He was accusing her of breaking into his house and rearranging his action figures to tell him that she loved him.

Tale as old as time. If memory serves, that’s how Lauren Bacall pinned down Bogart.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

All I got from the thread is CH is probably older than I thought, TM has incongruences in his life story, and everything about Sini is a little heartbreaking as is society in general.

There is nothing to analyze or go over here though and he wasn't a bad person, really quite the opposite.

All I got from this comment is that someone needs to catch up on their reading from....high school.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
he created an entire person in his head and imposed it upon her is such that it barely even matters who the real person is.

I think a lot of us have done that. It's why my first marriage only lasted six months. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:51 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Tall Midget wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

All I got from this comment is that someone needs to catch up on their reading from....high school.

You ever going to reveal your transportation riddle?

I don’t like unsolved mysteries.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next