It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robert Marvin Hull
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
No, but why are you posting beefcake photos of men? Especially in what is a remembrance thread about great hockey players? You're a strange, oddly angry guy.

You just got done saying reading is a skill. A comment was posted along with the pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
I've never said he wasn't hated and murdered by racists. I've argued that he became a tool that was used by the government and racists to suppress independent and more confrontational movements after his death. I really don't think that can be disputed.

But is that really his fault though? Just Asking A Question
Nas wrote:
"Be docile like MLK, and we'll throw you a few crumbs." "MLK didn't need guns; why do you? They'll only destroy your community. Look at all the gun violence. Hand us your guns, and the government will protect you." "If that man wasn't in your home, we could give you FREE housing and a few other perks."

None of the radical types got anything accomplished either however. And I tended to agree with them a helluva lot more than I did King and his "docile" approach. Particularly when I was younger. But as I have gotten older I realized that he was a helluva lot more radical in "real time" than I was ever lead to believe. I didn't agree with him about non violence but MANY blacks during his era did. Including my grandmother who marched with him during the early 60's. And she was hardly anyone's "mark" either. She carried a .357 til the day she died and actually had to shoot it on more than a few occasions.
As far as working with the Govt to exact change MANY have and still do. Without Gov't "dependence" this country would have collapsed centuries ago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
I've never said he wasn't hated and murdered by racists. I've argued that he became a tool that was used by the government and racists to suppress independent and more confrontational movements after his death. I really don't think that can be disputed.

But is that really his fault though? Just Asking A Question
Nas wrote:
"Be docile like MLK, and we'll throw you a few crumbs." "MLK didn't need guns; why do you? They'll only destroy your community. Look at all the gun violence. Hand us your guns, and the government will protect you." "If that man wasn't in your home, we could give you FREE housing and a few other perks."

None of the radical types got anything accomplished either however. And I tended to agree with them a helluva lot more than I did King and his "docile" approach. Particularly when I was younger. But as I have gotten older I realized that he was a helluva lot more radical in "real time" than I was ever lead to believe. I didn't agree with him about non violence but MANY blacks during his era did. Including my grandmother who marched with him during the early 60's. And she was hardly anyone's "mark" either. She carried a .357 til the day she died and actually had to shoot it on more than a few occasions.
As far as working with the Govt to exact change MANY have and still do. Without Gov't "dependence" this country would have collapsed centuries ago.

I don't blame him either. I just choose not to swallow what America has tried to shove down my throat.

The government needed stability at home while they were facing down the Russians. The more confrontational movements of independence were more challenging to the order government desired. It's why government provocateurs infiltrated those movements, killed their leaders, and made bullshit arrests.

To your point, the older I've gotten, I've grown to appreciate what MLK did a little more. Being loud just for the sake of being loud doesn't accomplish anything. Having demands and being willing to accept piecemeal progress is usually the smart way to go.

Edit: I'm not knocking anyone who grabs government assistance. No one gets a trophy for doing everything on their own and government has never had an issue helping big businesses or the wealthy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
I don't blame him either. I just choose not to swallow what America has tried to shove down my throat.

Yeah but a lot of that is revisionist. He was hated by white racists types at the time. He was even labeled a "Marxist" and investigated as such by J. Edgar Hoover at the time.
Nas wrote:

The government needed stability at home while they were facing down the Russians. The more confrontational movements of independence were more challenging to the order government desired. It's why government provocateurs infiltrated those movements, killed their leaders, and made bullshit arrests.

And as history has shown, he was one of those leaders
Nas wrote:

To your point, the older I've gotten, I've grown to appreciate what MLK did a little more. Being loud just for the sake of being loud doesn't accomplish anything. Having demands and being willing to accept piecemeal progress is usually the smart way to go.

It worked for "our guy" Obama didn't it? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

It's not revisionist history. It's literally what government has done my entire life and yours too. You're just choosing to dismiss it.

No, I don't believe it worked for Obama.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:30 pm 

Nas wrote:

He became President as a result of "piecemeal" progress. And besides King's platform regarding the Vietnam War, Worker's Rights, and poverty were hardly considered "docile" for their time. Or even now. I'd much rather talk about the issue of poverty than I would police brutality. If people really want to talk about evoking "change" in this country (Both Conservatives and Liberals) then how about we start there as opposed to waiting for the next black dude to get killed by the cops. However what I have learned in my life (As King did in his) when you start holding those conversation MANY tend to get very quiet all of a sudden.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

He became President as a result of "piecemeal" progress. And besides King's platform regarding the Vietnam War, Worker's Rights, and poverty were hardly considered "docile" for their time. Or even now. I'd much rather talk about the issue of poverty than I would police brutality. If people really want to talk about evoking "change" in this country (Both Conservatives and Liberals) then how about we start there as opposed to waiting for the next black dude to get killed by the cops. However what I have learned in my life (As King did in his) when you start holding those conversation MANY tend to get very quiet all of a sudden.

Not surprisingly, those things aren't a part of the government's marketing campaign for MLK.

I'm a little bit more cynical than you when it comes to Agent Obama. Maybe I should put away my tinfoil hat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:53 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

I was always taught that the Poor People’s campaign was viewed as a bigger threat to the government because it was gaining more success in getting support from more than just liberal whites. And as for the more militant brothers, the Nation is/was a joke and Malcolm grew closer to Dr King by early ‘64.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:55 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
No, but why are you posting beefcake photos of men? Especially in what is a remembrance thread about great hockey players? You're a strange, oddly angry guy.

You just got done saying reading is a skill. A comment was posted along with the pictures.

The picture and odd posting says a thousand more credible words.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

I was always taught that the Poor People’s campaign was viewed as a bigger threat to the government because it was gaining more success in getting support from more than just liberal whites. And as for the more militant brothers, the Nation is/was a joke and Malcolm grew closer to Dr King by early ‘64.

Malcolm became friendlier. His message was still about blacks building up their communities and not being on their knees at the feet of government. I'll always argue that message is more threatening to order than asking the king for loaves of bread and shelter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Mr. Guaranteed Wage, aka Mr. Non-Violent, being a tool of conservative racists, should tell you that a docile black man is the desired goal. The idea of the government providing a livable wage to minorities and poor people would be something all of them would reject. Laying down your rifles and being dependent on the benevolence of government police would also be something the same conservative racists would reject. Yet, you'll find them championing the character and teachings of MLK.

But that is just the point. I don't much care that a bigot on a message board (Say WFR for instance) "celebrates the life" of Martin Luther King posthumously. Why? because I know that this person and others who hold his views, would have hated in 1960. He was killed by a racist ostensibly because his views were considered too "radical". Nor will parrot I their thoughts about the need solely for blacks to "help themselves" and stop "depending on Govt" for help. Why? Because the very same racists who condemn blacks for "depending" on Govt are the very same people that can never not "depend" on Govt for help. The largest "industry" in D.C. (Lobbying) is comprised of people that literally "depend" on Govt for help. That is why it exists in the first place. If you look at the chief oppressors of blacks in this country historically, they all have "depended" on Govt in order to oppress blacks and other minorities. Every last one of them. It is because of this that I have always known that the whole "Government Dependence" yarn is something that they (racists) use to brainwash and dupe unsuspecting and rather ignorant black people (Mostly Conservative Black People) with. There are no bigger pawns of racists than black Conservatives themselves.
Nas wrote:

I don't disagree. MLK ultimately became a tool of government that was used to suppress a culture of independence. With the help of Democrats, bullshit convictions were used to separate a black man from his rifle and family. Then poor women were given government incentives to raise a family without a man being present. Thanks in part to MLK.

I'm not the ultimate MLK advocate, but at the end of the day he helped to get legislation passed that no other black "leader" was able to get passed. For that he paid for it with his life. And the person that killed him was a white racist that considered him to be "too radical" for his time. Its revisionist to claim that he is the "beloved" figure of white racists when he was killed and hated by white racists during his actual lifetime.

In fairness, the movement was ridiculously splintered and almost completely ineffective by 1970. Integration helped take care of that, many voted in their new self interests and greased those skids.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:04 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Malcolm became friendlier. His message was still about blacks building up their communities and not being on their knees at the feet of government. I'll always argue that message is more threatening to order than asking the king for loaves of bread and shelter.

Asking for union inclusion, equitable distribution of government goods, services and jobs and fair lending practices was was quite a bit more than requesting bread and shelter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Asking for union inclusion, equitable distribution of government goods, services and jobs and fair lending practices was was quite a bit more than requesting bread and shelter

Those weren't really radical things in the '60s. What LBJ and even Nixon were willing to do have zero chance of happening today. What you're missing is all of those things still rely upon the graciousness of the government and those who were facilitating the oppression. Saying, "fuck you, I'll create my own, and be willing to defend it with force," is a far more significant threat to order.

Edit: Look all over the country, you'll struggle with find predominantly black communities with predominantly black businesses. That wasn't true in the 60s and that isn't true when it comes to other groups of people in America. I don't think that's an accident.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:26 pm 

It’s also why I mentioned integration and individuals acting in their own self interests. Not selfish, but self interests. Similarly there is now only one relatively independent grocery store in my large neighborhood. Back then Jewel wasn’t the strangling behemoth & there were solid independent stores within a few blocks walk from everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
It’s also why I mentioned integration and individuals acting in their own self interests. Not selfish, but self interests. Similarly there is now only one relatively independent grocery store in my large neighborhood. Back then Jewel wasn’t the strangling behemoth & there were solid independent stores within a few blocks walk from everywhere.

Government breasts are addictive when you've never had them.

I also remember a time when there were a lot of grocery stores within walking distance, and MANY of them were independent, even if they weren't black owned.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's what finally pacified a number of Indian tribes in the SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Well that and lots of firewater.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
Those weren't really radical things in the '60s. What LBJ and even Nixon were willing to do have zero chance of happening today. What you're missing is all of those things still rely upon the graciousness of the government and those who were facilitating the oppression. Saying, "fuck you, I'll create my own, and be willing to defend it with force," is a far more significant threat to order.

Edit: Look all over the country, you'll struggle with find predominantly black communities with predominantly black businesses. That wasn't true in the 60s and that isn't true when it comes to other groups of people in America. I don't think that's an accident.

And again those are talking points that have been promoted mostly by those that seek to oppress blacks and blacks that were and are complicit in that oppression. King was likely killed because of his "radical" views regarding Poverty and the Vietnam War actually. MANY who supported him over Civil Rights later broke with him over his opposition to the Vietnam War and his newfound economic message regarding poverty.

And regardless as to whether there were more black businesses or not in the 60's is the fact that there were more blacks living in poverty during the 50's and 60's than there are today. The black middle class grew "exponentially" as a result of LBJ's War on Poverty and also Affirmative Action. More blacks became college educated as well. And the numbers back this up.

The very people in this country that chide blacks for "depending" on Govt are the very people that (and History will back this up) depend on govt the most. For instance if the stock market goes belly up tomorrow it won't be all "brilliant" stock pickers located there that everyone will "depend" on to "bail" us out. It will be Govt.

When the Mortgage Industry collapsed in 08 it wasn't all of the "ardent" Capitalists (who created the crisis) that "WE" depended on to bail us out of it. It was Gov't.
Neither Slavery nor Jim Crow would have existed without the support of Govt. If you go down the line the "invisible hand" of Govt has been used to guide this country every step of the way. The notion that "WE" are a capitalist nation heavily reliant upon the "hard work" and "independence" of the "individual" is pure folly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

And again those are talking points that have been promoted mostly by those that seek to oppress blacks and blacks that were and are complicit in that oppression. King was likely killed because of his "radical" views regarding Poverty and the Vietnam War actually. MANY who supported him over Civil Rights later broke with him over his opposition to the Vietnam War and his newfound economic message regarding poverty.

And regardless as to whether there were more black businesses or not in the 60's is the fact that there were more blacks living in poverty during the 50's and 60's than there are today. The black middle class grew "exponentially" as a result of LBJ's War on Poverty and also Affirmative Action. More blacks became college educated as well. And the numbers back this up.

The very people in this country that chide blacks for "depending" on Govt are the very people that (and History will back this up) depend on govt the most. For instance if the stock market goes belly up tomorrow it won't be all "brilliant" stock pickers located there that everyone will "depend" on to "bail" us out. It will be Govt.

When the Mortgage Industry collapsed in 08 it wasn't all of the "ardent" Capitalists (who created the crisis) that "WE" depended on to bail us out of it. It was Gov't.
Neither Slavery nor Jim Crow would have existed without the support of Govt. If you go down the line the "invisible hand" of Govt has been used to guide this country. The notion that "WE" are a capitalist nation heavily reliant upon the "hard work" and "independence" of the "individual" is pure folly.

Black homeownership in the 60s was at 39%, it is about 41% today. What did education and income change? You don't build wealth without owning something.

I don't disagree with you about snatching government aid if it's available. Government assistance wasn't considered evil until minorities figured out how to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:57 pm 

Nas wrote:
Black homeownership in the 60s was at 39%, it is about 41% today. What did education and income change? You don't build wealth without owning something.

Education and income creates a vibrant and prosperous Middle Class. The "golden age" of this country (1950's) is considered such because there was a "vibrant" and "prosperous" Middle Class. Albeit one that was rather "homogenous" in nature. And in both the 60's and today it has always been vastly outpaced by "white ownership". Ironically "white ownership" that was largely created by Government er "assistance"/"dependence".
Nas wrote:
I don't disagree with you about snatching government aid if it's available.

Me either
Nas wrote:
Government assistance wasn't considered evil until minorities figured out how to get it.

Agreed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:24 pm 

This has thread of the year possibilities...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The picture and odd posting says a thousand more credible words.

Your post reminded me of when JLN posted this one below and claimed innocence.......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
I don't really care about it today, and I doubt I would have cared 20 years ago. It gets exhausting watching everyone manufacture outrage daily so they can tell everyone how great of a person they are.

Kobe raped a woman and snitched on a teammate, and I still loved watching him play basketball. Chapman beat a woman, and I celebrated every playoff save and win. We all can separate the entertainer from the player when they're performing well for the teams we love. Then we forget how to do it when the rest of us world starts grandstanding.

Amen Bro Nas, preach it!

Listening to Meatpants grandstand about it today was sickening. You expect that mess from Bernsie.

Yeah Meat could barely manage to hide his disgust as he put his arm around him for a photo . His past was well known at this point , if that fucking putz had any integrity he wouldve walked out of the studio and refused to take the pic but sure thing Meat , tell us 13 years later after the guy dies how tortured you are about him.

Same goes for noted henpecked lisping pussboy Zawaski.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Brouge: People are being too hard on this dead wife-beater.

Also Brogue: People are going about of their way to canonize this other dead wife-beater.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah Meat could barely manage to hide his disgust as he put his arm around him for a photo . His past was well known at this point , if that fucking putz had any integrity he wouldve walked out of the studio and refused to take the pic but sure thing Meat , tell us 13 years later after the guy dies how tortured you are about him.

Look, I'm disgusted by him, too, but we don't know anything about the past of Jay Zawaski.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
How is ZaTwatski's new job going? I'm guessing the wife is still the primary bread winner.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'll never forget Senor's disdain for Jay Zawaski's wedding, likening it to a birthday party for an eight-year-old.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
I'll never forget Senor's disdain for Jay Zawaski's wedding, likening it to a birthday party for an eight-year-old.

Disney Adults?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:43 pm 

I believe it was a Blackhawk themed wedding

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:44 pm 

Almost as bad as throwing a "Master's Themed" birthday party for a toddler

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next