It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robert Marvin Hull
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I would ask just what the point of that is. To "educate" people who don't care about Bobby Hull one way or another? Or is it to make themselves feel superior to someone who was better at something than they will ever be at anything as long as they live? I'm thinking it's the latter.

Well, we can agree that the media should have brought up when Ukraine said "Hitler had some good ideas."

I think Hull was referring to the balcks. The Jews were okay with him.

No one was thinking about Hull's decades old comments or actions before his death. Then folks started tripping all over themselves to prove that they oppose Hitler and beating women.

Well if you dont declare it in print or a 50k watt radio station, how would anyone know you do ?

Everyone knows a man who hit a woman. We call some of them, grandpa, father, uncle, brother, cousin, nephew, and even son. It's highly unlikely that any of the same people are going to publicly celebrate the death of those people because they hit a woman 50 years ago.

That leaves the alleged Hitler thoughts about the balcks. As far as I know, Hull wasn't going around beating or killing black people. That means he just had an ignorant thought. He wasn't the creator of the thought, and the opinion didn't die with him. What's the point of celebrating his death other than telling others that you are a better person than them?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
I'm not trying to diminish his actions, but I don't think pissing on a man when he dies makes any of us good people. It's one thing not to celebrate his life, but spitting on his grave is somewhat low class.

Couldn't the very same thing be applied to you with respect to your dislike of Martin Luther King however? Haven't you stated that the primary reason that you believed that MLK was a "POS" is because he allegedly assaulted women sexually? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
No one was thinking about Hull's decades old comments or actions before his death. Then folks started tripping all over themselves to prove that they oppose Hitler and beating women.

No, this has been going on since Hull and Mikita came back as ambassadors.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:35 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
If these domestic violence allegations are true:

https://theathletic.com/4138926/2023/01 ... nhl-death/

specifically the one from his ex-wife Joanne, the guy was a piece of shit. Also, I've never felt the need to say anything nice about Hitler, and I can't imagine why somebody else would either.

That stuff has all been known. There's no reason to harp on it now that he's dead. But I don't think it needs to be ignored either. I'd say the obit you linked is fair. It doesn't shy away from the bad stuff, but it focuses on the things that made him worthy of having such an obituary in the first place.

I was ignorant about all of it until today. I knew he was an all time great player and had HoF genes, but I knew nothing about his personal life.

I'm not trying to diminish his actions, but I don't think pissing on a man when he dies makes any of us good people. It's one thing not to celebrate his life, but spitting on his grave is somewhat low class.
The fact that you didn't know he was a jag before this actually shows that the media is doing its job by pointing out issues with his life outside of hockey.

I don't really care about it today, and I doubt I would have cared 20 years ago. It gets exhausting watching everyone manufacture outrage daily so they can tell everyone how great of a person they are.

Kobe raped a woman and snitched on a teammate, and I still loved watching him play basketball. Chapman beat a woman, and I celebrated every playoff save and win. We all can separate the entertainer from the person when they're performing well for the teams we love. Then we forget how to do it when the rest of us world starts grandstanding.

Couldn't the very same thing be applied to you with respect to your dislike of Martin Luther King however? Haven't you stated that the primary reason that you believed that MLK was a "POS" is because he "allegedly" assaulted women sexually? Just Asking A Question

I don't hate MLK. His hypocrisy, infidelity, or physical abuse of prostitutes isn't my issue with him. America thrusting him upon me as the #1 black idol is. MLK constructed a culture of dependence and groveling. At my core, I see those things as a weakness and not something I want to emulate or pass down to my kids.

That said, I appreciate his contributions to progress. I often quote him. However, there are others who speak to my soul that I believe are far more inspirational to oppressed people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Everyone knows a man who hit a woman. We call some of them, grandpa, father, uncle, brother, cousin, nephew, and even son. It's highly unlikely that any of the same people are going to publicly celebrate the death of those people because they hit a woman 50 years ago.

There's some truth to what you say. Domestic violence used to be considered a "personal matter" and something police refused to get involved in. In 1956 the measure of a "good man" was that he provided for his family and didn't beat his wife and kids. It's a good thing we've progressed beyond that very low bar.

But it does strike me as odd that the same people who have no problem with men whipping the fuck out of women on the lacrosse field or in the Octagon and are constantly telling us that the differences between the sexes are a "social construct" are so apoplectic that a dead hockey player went at it with his wives and just happened to come out on top.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:44 am 

Nas wrote:
I don't hate MLK. His hypocrisy, infidelity, or physical abuse of prostitutes isn't my issue with him. America thrusting him upon me as the #1 black idol is. MLK constructed a culture of dependence and groveling. At my core, I see those things as a weakness and not something I want to emulate or pass down to my kids.

That said, I appreciate his contributions to progress. I often quote him. However, there are others who speak to my soul that I believe are far more inspirational to oppressed people.

But those are disagreements that you have with him politically, which is fair to have. And I disagree with you on it by the way.
My point is that you specifically stated that you had a problem with the deification of him because he allegedly sexually assaulted women.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:45 am 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hull and Gordie . Remember , Bernstein contends that no way could the slow, tiny, white guys of yesteryear compete with todays wang whippers . Look.At.Their.Bodies.

He looks like a somewhat jacked Lee Harvey Oswald.

Dunno, they both look like the kind of groomers and pedophiles that have had a firm, secure place stretching down to the junior levels of the dead sport. And probably always will. Which pattern and practice cannot be ignored.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:48 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hull and Gordie . Remember , Bernstein contends that no way could the slow, tiny, white guys of yesteryear compete with todays wang whippers . Look.At.Their.Bodies.

He looks like a somewhat jacked Lee Harvey Oswald.

Dunno, they both look like the kind of groomers and pedophiles that have had a firm, secure place stretching down to the junior levels of the dead sport. And probably always will. Which pattern and practice cannot be ignored.

So now Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe are pedophiles. Donald Trump is a hell of a drug.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:59 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

But those are disagreements that you have with him politically, which is fair to have. And I disagree with you on it by the way.
My point is that you specifically stated that you had a problem with the deification of him because he allegedly sexually assaulted women.

It was my rejection of America positioning him as a man of unquestionable character.

MLK is a racist's favorite black figure. That validates my views on the idolization of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:05 am 

MLK is my favorite black figure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 am 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

It was my rejection of America positioning him as a man of unquestionable character.

MLK is a racist's favorite black figure. That validates my views on the idolization of him.

But he is also the most beloved figure of blacks too. And the biggest issue that racists have with blacks is that they perceive them to be "dependent" upon Govt for everything. If Martin Luther King was teaching that then wouldn't they "hate" him as well? Just Asking A Question.

And during his lifetime, Martin Luther King was absolutely hated by the racist "class" in this country. He was assassinqted by racists after all. The ONLY reason that "WE" actually know about his adulterous ways is because a racist FBI director made everyone aware of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:

Does anyone have unquestionable character?

I sort of understand what you mean in that I have heard plenty of racists quote King.

But to bring it back to Bobby Hull, I guess this is the thing that doesn't sit right with me. MLK's legacy isn't that he fucked a bunch of women. Bobby Hull's legacy isn't that he beat his wives or babbled nonsensically about Hitler to a Russian.

All heroes have feet of clay. So then it just becomes a matter of which heroes it is fashionable to attack in a given period in time and that's how you have statues of George Washington replaced by statues of George Floyd. It's obscene.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:17 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

So now Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe are pedophiles. Donald Trump is a hell of a drug.

Goofy non sequiturs for $100 Alex. (Well maybe not for your daily bizarre puppy dog claims)

The hockey pedophilia scandals were made decades before your life took a bizarre turn to excuse anything and everything remotely heroic in your 1950s tainted eyes. And the sane among us have viewed hockey skeptically since then. Maybe even the love of your recent political life agrees. But I doubt it. Maybe next time you too will strangely post beefcake photos of men to bolster your social and political rants and love for no apparent reason either.

Weird.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Goofy non sequiturs for $100 Alex. (Well maybe not for your daily bizarre puppy dog claims)

The hockey pedophilia scandals were made decades before your life took a bizarre turn to excuse anything and everything remotely heroic in your 1950s tainted eyes. And the sane among us have viewed hockey skeptically since then. Maybe even the love of your recent political life agrees. But I doubt it. Maybe next time you too will strangely post beefcake photos of men to bolster your social and political rants and love for no apparent reason either.

Weird.

I'm pretty sure the non sequitir was suggesting that two guys are pedophiles without a shred of evidence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:21 am 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

If you're looking to validate any of your views based on the favorites of racists maybe you're going too offline to validate this thought to even yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I sort of understand what you mean in that I have heard plenty of racists quote King.

But to bring it back to Bobby Hull, I guess this is the thing that doesn't sit right with me. MLK's legacy isn't that he fucked a bunch of women. Bobby Hull's legacy isn't that he beat his wives or babbled nonsensically about Hitler to a Russian.

All heroes have feet of clay. So then it just becomes which heroes it is fashionable to attack in a given period in time and that's how you have statues of George Washington replaced by statues of George Floyd. It's obscene.

There are very few people that claim that Hull's views on Hitler are his "legacy"? This just seems like more manufactured outrage.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:24 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Weird.

I'm pretty sure the non sequitir was suggesting that two guys are pedophiles without a shred of evidence.

Reading is a skill you unsurprisingly have lost with your conversion. Saying what I think they look like isn't the same as making any of the extreme leaps a guy like you routinely make. I've never given that a thought about either until beefcake photos were posted for no reason.

Edit: dropped my phone.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Weird.

Reading is a skill you unsurprisingly have lost with your conversion. Saying what I think they look like isn't the same as making any of the extreme leaps a guy like you routinely m. C4

Oh. Okay. Got it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:28 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Weird.

Reading is a skill you unsurprisingly have lost with your conversion. Saying what I think they look like isn't the same as making any of the extreme leaps a guy like you routinely make. I've never given that a thought about either until beefcake photos were posted for no reason.

Edit: dropped my phone.

A Brutus The Barber reference :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

But he is also the most beloved figure of blacks too. And the biggest issue that racists have with blacks is that they perceive them to be "dependent" upon Govt for everything. If Martin Luther King was teaching that then wouldn't they "hate" him as well? Just Asking A Question.

And during his lifetime, Martin Luther King was absolutely hated by the racist "class" in this country. He was assassinqted by racists after all. The ONLY reason that "WE" actually know about his adulterous ways is because a racist FBI director made everyone aware of it.

America's marketing plays a role in that. MANY of us were happy to have anyone who looks like us getting celebrated. We weren't going to pushback on the figure.

Mr. Guaranteed Wage, aka Mr. Non-Violent, being a tool of conservative racists, should tell you that a docile black man is the desired goal. The idea of the government providing a livable wage to minorities and poor people would be something all of them would reject. Laying down your rifles and being dependent on the benevolence of government police would also be something the same conservative racists would reject. Yet, you'll find them championing the character and teachings of MLK.

I don't disagree. MLK ultimately became a tool of government that was used to suppress a culture of independence. With the help of Democrats, bullshit convictions were used to separate a black man from his rifle and family. Then poor women were given government incentives to raise a family without a man being present. Thanks in part to MLK.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

All heroes have feet of clay. So then it just becomes a matter of which heroes it is fashionable to attack in a given period in time and that's how you have statues of George Washington replaced by statues of George Floyd. It's obscene.

No one does.

I don't disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:44 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Now hockey is a dead sport and everyone always knew it was for pedophiles?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

If you're looking to validate any of your views based on the favorites of racists maybe you're going too offline to validate this thought to even yourself.

No, I've always quietly questioned the idolization of MLK, even before I learned he was beloved by racists. I still don't have the courage to state these things publicly, but I also won't pretend that I believe he was infallible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:

The latter explains the former. Q.E.D.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:01 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

It's just like baseball in the former and with the stories of the last thirty plus years, its distinctly had a problem with the latter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Weird.

Reading is a skill you unsurprisingly have lost with your conversion. Saying what I think they look like isn't the same as making any of the extreme leaps a guy like you routinely m. C4

Oh. Okay. Got it.

I didnt say that group of black teens was going to rob me, they just look like a group of black teens that would !!!! Ooooh boy . Fucking moron. that word bigot that you certainly like to throw around a lot? I guess there are no mirrors in your home, eh champ ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:10 am 

No, but why are you posting beefcake photos of men? Especially in what is a remembrance thread about great hockey players? You're a strange, oddly angry guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:56 am 

Nas wrote:

Mr. Guaranteed Wage, aka Mr. Non-Violent, being a tool of conservative racists, should tell you that a docile black man is the desired goal. The idea of the government providing a livable wage to minorities and poor people would be something all of them would reject. Laying down your rifles and being dependent on the benevolence of government police would also be something the same conservative racists would reject. Yet, you'll find them championing the character and teachings of MLK.

But that is just the point. I don't much care that a bigot on a message board (Say WFR for instance) "celebrates the life" of Martin Luther King posthumously. Why? because I know that this person and others who hold his views, would have hated in 1960. He was killed by a racist ostensibly because his views were considered too "radical". Nor will parrot I their thoughts about the need solely for blacks to "help themselves" and stop "depending on Govt" for help. Why? Because the very same racists who condemn blacks for "depending" on Govt are the very same people that can never not "depend" on Govt for help. The largest "industry" in D.C. (Lobbying) is comprised of people that literally "depend" on Govt for help. That is why it exists in the first place. If you look at the chief oppressors of blacks in this country historically, they all have "depended" on Govt in order to oppress blacks and other minorities. Every last one of them. It is because of this that I have always known that the whole "Government Dependence" yarn is something that they (racists) use to brainwash and dupe unsuspecting and rather ignorant black people (Mostly Conservative Black People) with. There are no bigger pawns of racists than black Conservatives themselves.
Nas wrote:

I don't disagree. MLK ultimately became a tool of government that was used to suppress a culture of independence. With the help of Democrats, bullshit convictions were used to separate a black man from his rifle and family. Then poor women were given government incentives to raise a family without a man being present. Thanks in part to MLK.

I'm not the ultimate MLK advocate, but at the end of the day he helped to get legislation passed that no other black "leader" was able to get passed. For that he paid for it with his life. And the person that killed him was a white racist that considered him to be "too radical" for his time. Its revisionist to claim that he is the "beloved" figure of white racists when he was killed and hated by white racists during his actual lifetime.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:02 am 

Nas wrote:
No, I've always quietly questioned the idolization of MLK, even before I learned he was beloved by racists. I still don't have the courage to state these things publicly, but I also won't pretend that I believe he was infallible.

He would have agreed with you about the bolded portion actually. During his sermons he would frequently allude to how he was a tremendously flawed person and also a person that need not be "deified". I always assumed that it was in reference to his adulterous nature.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:17 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

But that is just the point. I don't much care that a bigot on a message board (Say WFR for instance) "celebrates the life" of Martin Luther King posthumously. Why? because I know that this person and others who hold his views, would have hated in 1960. He was killed by a racist ostensibly because his views were considered too "radical". Nor will parrot I their thoughts about the need solely for blacks to "help themselves" and stop "depending on Govt" for help. Why? Because the very same racists who condemn blacks for "depending" on Govt are the very same people that can never not "depend" on Govt for help. The largest "industry" in D.C. (Lobbying) is comprised of people that literally "depend" on Govt for help. That is why it exists in the first place. If you look at the chief oppressors of blacks in this country historically, they all have "depended" on Govt in order to oppress blacks and other minorities. Every last one of them. It is because of this that I have always known that the whole "Government Dependence" yarn is something that they (racists) use to brainwash and dupe unsuspecting and rather ignorant black people (Mostly Conservative Black People) with. There are no bigger pawns of racists than black Conservatives themselves.
Nas wrote:

I'm not the ultimate MLK advocate, but at the end of the day he helped to get legislation passed that no other black "leader" was able to get passed. For that he paid for it with his life. And the person that killed him was a white racist that considered him to be "too radical" for his time. Its revisionist to claim that he is the "beloved" figure of white racists when he was killed and hated by white racists during his actual lifetime.

I've never said he wasn't hated and murdered by racists. I've argued that he became a tool that was used by the government and racists to suppress independent and more confrontational movements after his death. I really don't think that can be disputed.

"Be docile like MLK, and we'll throw you a few crumbs." "MLK didn't need guns; why do you? They'll only destroy your community. Look at all the gun violence. Hand us your guns, and the government will protect you." "If that man wasn't in your home, we could give you FREE housing and a few other perks."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next