It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Teddy Grubbs
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Former DePaul Basketball Player. Could have been an all time great of the school but he had demons. Real Demons. Funeral is today.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Post subject: Re: Teddy Grubbs
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=129791

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:31 am 

That was the oddest story, especially back in the day when you didn't get anywhere near the full story. R.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Regular Reader wrote:
That was the oddest story, especially back in the day when you didn't get anywhere near the full story. R.I.P.

One of my best friends is from the Village where Teddy Grubbs grew up. He told me years ago that he'd see him walking around the neighborhood just talking to himself. By that point he was strung out on Drugs and everything had just went downhill for him. Basketball was obviously over and he was just gone. Sonny Cox always blamed Ray Meyer but the guys that played with Grubbs said that Ray Meyer tried to do everything he could to help him but there just no way that he or anyone else could at that point. He was just too far gone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:57 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

One of my best friends is from the Village where Teddy Grubbs grew up. He told me years ago that he'd see him walking around the neighborhood just talking to himself. By that point he was strung out on Drugs and everything had just went downhill for him. Basketball was obviously over and he was just gone. Sonny Cox always blamed Ray Meyer but the guys that played with Grubbs said that Ray Meyer tried to do everything he could to help him but there just no way that he or anyone else could at that point. He was just too far gone.

That reminds me of Efrem Winters down at Champaign. Used to startle the hell out of me. But then again it was Champaign.