It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:51 pm 

As the MNMS dwindles away we now have enough information to say that this whole thing was not even close to the raging SUCCESS Mike and some idiot radio execs thought it would be.

Yes Mikey, the same idiot Radio execs that you claim are holding you back are the same guys that thought your idea of putting your old Boss's wife who did traffic and weather on a radio station for the 60+ crowd , in a position of a sidekick on a male dominated sports radio station was a good idea. However, this does further prove your point that they are idiots, they thought you had good ideas. Which would alos then further prove that Paul Agasi is a smart guy for not agreeing with you?

The MNMS may have the gotten the highest ratings any morning sports radio show has had on the Score, but the question is was it worth it? Did the cost of Mike & Crews salary and expenses justify the increased ratings and maybe revenue? I am going to guess NO as I would guess that Mikes Mornign Zoo cost about $2.5 Million more than the Fred and Murph show. (Of which I actually listened to more)

Then again, when you take a 25 year old girl who was a waitress at Gibsons and make her the new Exec producer, only the highest level of entertainment is to be expected.

I cant wait for th midday show with North and Murph, the studio won't be able to hold the egos and it actually might erupt into some good real fights, instead of the 'FRED YEAH' which I actually think is just on tape now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Does anybody remember what B and B's numbers were in the morning?
Did they go from 6-10 or 8-12. I know I remember them running from 10-2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
They were never on in the morning.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
They were on in the morning.

8-12 comes to mind when Hood produced and Jivin Hal McRae was in his heyday.

Nas will know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:

Nas will know for sure.

Yeah they were when the show just started in 2000 or so because in 2001 they were on live when the 9/11 attacks happened. Then I think they moved from 10-2 before they went to afternoons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
hawkeye wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Nas will know for sure.

Yeah they were when the show just started in 2000 or so because in 2001 they were on live when the 9/11 attacks happened. Then I think they moved from 10-2 before they went to afternoons.

They didn't do the morning drive-in shift; they did the later-morning (until noon), and later the 10-2 "mid-day" shift. Lads have been around!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
TheDawg wrote:
The MNMS may have the gotten the highest ratings any morning sports radio show has had on the Score, but the question is was it worth it? Did the cost of Mike & Crews salary and expenses justify the increased ratings and maybe revenue? I am going to guess NO as I would guess that Mikes Mornign Zoo cost about $2.5 Million more than the Fred and Murph show. (Of which I actually listened to more)

I consider it an incubation slot. Somewhere to hold him while waiting for other opportunities. For example, replacing Inmus (except that hasn't happened.

TheDawg wrote:
Then again, when you take a 25 year old girl who was a waitress at Gibsons and make her the new Exec producer, only the highest level of entertainment is to be expected.

Jen-Jen presents but a small piece of the problem. They had Steve Buchman there before; was the show better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Definite failure.

One of the highest paid radio guys in Chicago history and he cant beat the National show down the dial that talks Yankees and Cow milking.

I'd call that a complete failure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Mr. Belvidere wrote:
Definite failure.

One of the highest paid radio guys in Chicago history and he cant beat the National show down the dial that talks Yankees and Cow milking.

I'd call that a complete failure.

Furthermore, haven't North's ratings been lower than Murph's ratings when he did the morning show? Murph routinely beat Mike and Mike in the ratings....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Mike just compared Hinrich to Nash at the same stage in their career. He sounded just like IkeSouth when he did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Anyone who thinks Hinrich will become Nash based solely on the numbers is basketball retarded. Hinrich wishes he could see the floor half as good as Nash. Nash has a better outside shot and is a much better ball handler. Mike needs someone to put him in check, not just a yes man like Steve.
The show is still more listenable without Anne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:
Mike just compared Hinrich to Nash at the same stage in their career. He sounded just like IkeSouth when he did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Anyone who thinks Hinrich will become Nash based solely on the numbers is basketball retarded. Hinrich wishes he could see the floor half as good as Nash. Nash has a better outside shot and is a much better ball handler.

Absolutely. I would also add that Hinrich isn't anywhere near as quick as Nash, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Mike's ratings are higher.

There are more people listening to Sportsradio today than there were when the MNMS was conceived.

Shows like M&M and MJH have done the best job of capturing these new listeners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Guys, B and B have had 3 different time slots

first was 8-12, (this was when it was Mike North 12-4 and Mac/Jiggs 4-7, McNeal solo 7-8)

second was 10-2 (then it was North/Buffone 2-6)

Currently it is 2-6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Mike's ratings are higher.

Evidence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 am 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:
Mike just compared Hinrich to Nash at the same stage in their career. He sounded just like IkeSouth when he did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Anyone who thinks Hinrich will become Nash based solely on the numbers is basketball retarded. Hinrich wishes he could see the floor half as good as Nash. Nash has a better outside shot and is a much better ball handler. Mike needs someone to put him in check, not just a yes man like Steve.
The show is still more listenable without Anne.

I thought the show was pretty good today.

Unfortunately, those comparisons of Hinrich to Nash need to stop. I'm not even sure Hinrich isn't more of a swing guard. Nash shoots ridiculous for a guard (over 50%), and gives his teammates (Stoudemire and Marion) so many easy dunks plus routinely sets up the 3 point shooters with wide open looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

The show was pretty good today and actually listenable which is a far shot from what it was with Annie. It also seems like he's trying WAY less hard to be funny and witty without her there and is just doing more sports talk. Too bad Fred can't find his nuts to put up an argument but at least it is improving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Quote:
Too bad Fred can't find his nuts to put up an argument but at least it is improving.

where's FredsMissingNuts when you need him?