It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Patrick out, North in
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:05 pm 

Well Dan Patrick is leaving and I wonder if North would like a spot in the afternoon with ESPN? I doubt it, but stranger things have occured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hey you might be on to something there.....since North thinks he's so national, if he has the ESPN endorsement he might view this as his opportunity to move in, and eventually move up in the company....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:17 pm 

THAT would be terrible IMO...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think either party would have much interest in the other. From the Teddy G. column of June 29.

Though ESPN-owned stations such as WMVP bemoan personal attacks, WSCR-AM hosts are permitted to use salty language and fire off insults.

As if to prove that, WSCR's Mike North on Thursday jumped on Kimberly Bell, who's shopping a book about her supposed eight-year extramarital affair with Barry Bonds. North, during his morning show, said Bell was "being a bitch about it."

Did North purposely say that to support McNeil and/or to flaunt the Score's lenient policies?

"I might have done it subconsciously," North said. "I tell you, to be suspended for saying that word is a scary thing. It's in the dictionary. They'll say it at the Westminster Dog Show."

Yeah, but ...

"They're very highbrow over there," North said of WMVP. "I wouldn't last two days there. I look at it as: We're the playground. We push it as far as we can. You want to go to church, listen to them."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
"They're very highbrow over there," North said of WMVP. "I wouldn't last two days there. I look at it as: We're the playground. We push it as far as we can. You want to go to church, listen to them."[/i]

Mass for shut-ins with Mike Greenberg...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Coast2Coast wrote:
I don't think either party would have much interest in the other. From the Teddy G. column of June 29.

Though ESPN-owned stations such as WMVP bemoan personal attacks, WSCR-AM hosts are permitted to use salty language and fire off insults.

As if to prove that, WSCR's Mike North on Thursday jumped on Kimberly Bell, who's shopping a book about her supposed eight-year extramarital affair with Barry Bonds. North, during his morning show, said Bell was "being a bitch about it."

Did North purposely say that to support McNeil and/or to flaunt the Score's lenient policies?

"I might have done it subconsciously," North said. "I tell you, to be suspended for saying that word is a scary thing. It's in the dictionary. They'll say it at the Westminster Dog Show."

Yeah, but ...

"They're very highbrow over there," North said of WMVP. "I wouldn't last two days there. I look at it as: We're the playground. We push it as far as we can. You want to go to church, listen to them."

I'm guessing that North would have a different tune if the Score didn't want him or wouldn't pay him what he considered to be fair. They are his only other option - we know the politics deal doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

He said they wouldn't pay Annie what he and she thought she deserved, the same amount as she was making, so she decided to leave. HAHAHA!!
They were going to cut her pay, wait until Mikey faces the same thing in a few months. This was all said this morning and he said that would be the last time he talks about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

And Anne Maxfield is STILL on the WSCR payroll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yep, until the end of September. Paying her to stay OFF the air is one of the best decisions they have made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:
Yep, until the end of September. Paying her to stay OFF the air is one of the best decisions they have made.

I would strongly agree with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:
He said they wouldn't pay Annie what he and she thought she deserved, the same amount as she was making, so she decided to leave. HAHAHA!!
They were going to cut her pay, wait until Mikey faces the same thing in a few months. This was all said this morning and he said that would be the last time he talks about it.

I heard the same thing, but I have a hard time believing that he went to bat for her. I'm not saying he undercut her or anything, but unless he's completely braindead, he had to know this wasn't a good fit, and that she was not some hidden talent. Maybe he helped make sure she would still get paid through September, but trying to keep her on the show is suicide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

I heard the same thing, but I have a hard time believing that he went to bat for her. I'm not saying he undercut her or anything, but unless he's completely braindead, he had to know this wasn't a good fit, and that she was not some hidden talent. Maybe he helped make sure she would still get paid through September, but trying to keep her on the show is suicide.

The answer seems obvious once you see it in print doesn't it? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's funny. Where the hell is Annie even going to make that pay cut total?

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
mikey two times would suck stu scott's alabama king snake to take over patrick's time slot after the score gets rid off him. "Duh, the eastern seabord, umm, i mean espn is a great place to work, right bee ? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Quote:
Duh, the eastern seabord,

pappy is the guy who'll say he meant the eastern see(m)bored of Lake Michigan.

There is only one size red hot radio comes in from Grand Rapids...

HUGE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
RodeoVann wrote:
Well Dan Patrick is leaving and I wonder if North would like a spot in the afternoon with ESPN? I doubt it, but stranger things have occured.

Possible. I thought of that over the weekend, and imagined that North can take the ESPN slot, Patrick can take the Inmus slot, and Mully/Hanley can take the drive-in slot. Why else would they have been doing the early AM slot last week? Lotsa tryouts, right before our eyes... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:01 am 

If the number 3 ranked morning personality (Howard McGee) can get canned what the hell is WSCR waiting on...
Oh I forgot! They fired Annie!