Post subject: Re: Tommy TDub Williams
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
You know that isn't. I linked his generic Spotify account. You're just being Bob, but then you whine whenever you get called out. If you're going to be the annoying asshole, just own it. It adds a little flavor to the community.

I see. You weren't promoting yourself. Makes total sense.

There are other people who have promoted podcasts on here before. Somehow I must have missed it when their "Govt" name was blasted throughout the CFMB airwaves.
Who?

Why is the govt name fine on the vast internet but verboten on a tiny dopey messageboard? Especially after the promotion. Not uncomfortable in the big world, but uncomfortable here? I respect Nas' wishes, we all should, but I know three people's first names here and they haven't said boo about it when others have addressed them as so. What is the explanation that I'm not seeing? If this place is skull and bones, I'd like to be informed about it and attend the ritual.

We've had people contact employers and get someone fired because of what they posted here. Some of us have colorful, tongue in cheek comments or post things we wouldn't want attributed to us by a Google search. Someone who isn't one of us may cringe or question why anyone would willingly be associated with the things that have been posted on this site. It's a safe space for pantsless sports fans. We operate by a code that is universally understood by all.

My preference has been to keep my name and likeness off this site. In the past, I've politely asked others not to share my image when I've attended board events. I've moved into the phase of life where I don't give a shit. It's why I didn't protest when Deni(s) shared my image or asked the Wisemen to delete the post when Bob or WFR posted my name. I have a unique name, but fortunately, there are MANY of me, even in Chicago.

'
ok but you doxxed yoursel.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
'
ok but you doxxed yoursel.

I've shared my name in person with dozens of people here and a few that I haven't met. If I wanted to make sure no one ever knew my name, I would have remained anonymous. I considered it. It's harder to be an asshole to someone that you've met.

I shared a link that any person could reasonably click and figure out that I'm the name that Hood uses on the air. That's a little different from a generic Mike or Dennis posting their names on this site. There are millions of them. As I said, I have no beef with you. I invited it by sharing the link.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Dr Ken has a podcast named Dr Ken's podcast and we all affectionally call him Dr Ken. Nobody tried to Dox you. There was no malice here

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
You know that isn't. I linked his generic Spotify account. You're just being Bob, but then you whine whenever you get called out. If you're going to be the annoying asshole, just own it. It adds a little flavor to the community.

I see. You weren't promoting yourself. Makes total sense.

There are other people who have promoted podcasts on here before. Somehow I must have missed it when their "Govt" name was blasted throughout the CFMB airwaves.
Who?

Why is the govt name fine on the vast internet but verboten on a tiny dopey messageboard? Especially after the promotion. Not uncomfortable in the big world, but uncomfortable here? I respect Nas' wishes, we all should, but I know three people's first names here and they haven't said boo about it when others have addressed them as so. What is the explanation that I'm not seeing? If this place is skull and bones, I'd like to be informed about it and attend the ritual.

We've had people contact employers and get someone fired because of what they posted here. Some of us have colorful, tongue in cheek comments or post things we wouldn't want attributed to us by a Google search. Someone who isn't one of us may cringe or question why anyone would willingly be associated with the things that have been posted on this site. It's a safe space for pantsless sports fans. We operate by a code that is universally understood by all.

My preference has been to keep my name and likeness off this site. In the past, I've politely asked others not to share my image when I've attended board events. I've moved into the phase of life where I don't give a shit. It's why I didn't protest when Deni(s) shared my image or asked the Wisemen to delete the post when Bob or WFR posted my name. I have a unique name, but fortunately, there are MANY of me, even in Chicago.

In theory, what happens in Vegas....but reality is this is very public. I figured after the links to your sports thoughts and photos with a disheveled beard, that you didn't give a shit. It's why I was confused. Thanks for clearing it up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

After 4 years, I've officially retired the beard. After an initial protest, I've been accepted again. The wind blowing feels a little different, but it's easier to maintain without a weekly trip to the barbershop. My barber having a heart attack may have played a role too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:05 pm 

Nas wrote:
After 4 years, I've officially retired the beard. After an initial protest, I've been accepted again. The wind blowing feels a little different, but it's easier to maintain without a weekly trip to the barbershop. My barber having a heart attack may have played a role too.

He probably couldn’t take anymore of your Bears thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's Nigerian. That motherfucker was back in his shop 3 days after surgery. I couldn't believe it. I was pissed. It took me a little time to articulate to him how stupid I thought he was in a way that wouldn't upset him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's Nigerian. That motherfucker was back in his shop 3 days after surgery. I couldn't believe it. I was pissed. It took me a little time to articulate to him how stupid I thought he was in a way that wouldn't upset him.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've only heard stories about how touchy they are.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tommy Williams could be a little hokey at times, but I used to enjoy his Saturday evening shows and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:42 am 

He had a show on pbs out of NW Ind covering high school sports.

I don't know how he cobbled together an existence with all these low paying gigs, but he seemed to do ok.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:15 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
This hit hard. End of high school and first few years of college, I used to drive out to Indiana with some friends to play hockey, and TDub was the soundtrack to the drives home at night. I always appreciated him being the only Score host that would even mention wrestling. I know he wasn't on par with some of the other hosts, but he was a big part of the Score for me. RIP.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
man of few opinions wrote:
Really sorry to read this. I know all the smug “smart radio” experts will disagree but hosts like Tommy Williams is what the score is desperately missing now, in my opinion. They have gone all-in on the clones with clone opinions and it is what it is, but I sure miss those earlier times.

THIS.
he was an enjoyable listen. Seemed very genuine, even though he may not have had the most polished radio skills.

His other line I recall, "The only name i'm getting printed on a sports jersey is WILLIAMS" :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.