It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tommy TDub Williams
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
You know that isn't. I linked his generic Spotify account. You're just being Bob, but then you whine whenever you get called out. If you're going to be the annoying asshole, just own it. It adds a little flavor to the community.

I see. You weren't promoting yourself. Makes total sense.

What about this is hard to understand, gramps? I intentionally shared a Spotify link that required any listener to take an extra step or two to get any of his shows that I was on. I never linked an episode that I was on. That's different from what Bob has claimed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I'm sorry, this was the podcast

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2BpZ9W ... dmWw4ZJXQQ

No need to get pissy, I enjoy the podcast

You doxxed him you insufferable prick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Terry had a problem with everyone, including listeners, but for some reason he is remembered as a saint.

So you noticed that too?

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Being a Miserable Prick was Terry's entire radio persona.

Terry had a problem with Tommy, after he left of course. He had a problem with MANY athletes and coaches, after he was done covering them of course.

He had a problem with the Sun Times. It was their fault when he didn't have the chops to be a columnist.(He was a good reporter)

And he has the all time record for breaking stories, after they have been publicly reported by other outlets.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:01 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
You know that isn't. I linked his generic Spotify account. You're just being Bob, but then you whine whenever you get called out. If you're going to be the annoying asshole, just own it. It adds a little flavor to the community.

What about this is hard to understand, gramps? I intentionally shared a Spotify link that required any listener to take an extra step or two to get any of his shows that I was on. I never linked an episode that I was on. That's different from what Bob has claimed.

There really weren't any extra steps required to find the podcast. Trust me, I'm not that smart. Probably why you took the link down I'm guessing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Actions speak louder than "Gifs" dumbass. When told to stop using his "Govt" name or else you'd be placed in Cresty Your Besties "penalty box", you IMMEDIATELY stopped using his Govt name.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

There really weren't any extra steps required to find the podcast. Trust me, I'm not that smart. Probably why you took the link down I'm guessing.

You're a writer. There's some intelligence and creativity in there

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:06 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

You raise an excellent point, Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wait, what?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Actions speak louder than "Gifs" dumbass. When told to stop using his "Govt" name or else you'd be placed in Cresty Your Besties "penalty box", you IMMEDIATELY stopped using his Govt name.

I simply posted that name that was presented to me in the link. I thought it was a "nickname" to be honest. It appears Nas sent a note to Seacrest to get me banned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

There really isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

There really isn't.

I'm not sure I'd call what you did "doxxing", but you knew exactly what you were doing and that it wasn't appropriate within the board's culture.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not sure I'd call what you did "doxxing", but you knew exactly what you were doing and that it wasn't appropriate within the board's culture.

lol "board culture"

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=131756

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:41 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Terry had a problem with everyone, including listeners, but for some reason he is remembered as a saint.

Terry treated the people who worked on his shows well.

I think he relied on them more than anyone at the station. He was an ink stained wretch until the end. They just happened to put a mic in front of his face

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:49 am 

Terry Boers pushed product at the Score. He was a host of the 2 best shows in the station's history. He was the person that helped create the best bit in the station's history. And he also was easily the funniest host in the station's history. He lost a bit off the fastball in the later years but overall he was the goods.

He rode coattails throughout. Mac created and defined the character of HFC. Terry was the one who cautioned against embracing listeners, which eventually is what created so much loyalty for the station in this city. Mac and North worked OT to make that station what it was, partly because neither had the safety net Terry had. Terry had the union mentality, never working a minute beyond what was defined in his contract.

I don't know where I'd place Terry in the history of the Score. He was there, no doubt and his humor was important to the shows he was on. I don't know if he drove anything. I don't know if he created anything.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:56 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

You raise an excellent point, Bob.

right on the top of his head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:50 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Terry Boers pushed product at the Score. He was a host of the 2 best shows in the station's history. He was the person that helped create the best bit in the station's history. And he also was easily the funniest host in the station's history. He lost a bit off the fastball in the later years but overall he was the goods.

He rode coattails throughout. Mac created and defined the character of HFC. Terry was the one who cautioned against embracing listeners, which eventually is what created so much loyalty for the station in this city. Mac and North worked OT to make that station what it was, partly because neither had the safety net Terry had. Terry had the union mentality, never working a minute beyond what was defined in his contract.

I don't know where I'd place Terry in the history of the Score. He was there, no doubt and his humor was important to the shows he was on. I don't know if he drove anything. I don't know if he created anything.

I remember when the Score was launched as a pilot station you could call it. Of all the of the original Score guys, he was the one that was really the known quantity imo. It surely wasn't either North or Dan Mcneil. Not even Jiggetts either. It was Boers given his work with the Chicago Sun Times and the Sports Reporters. He was the dude that helped provide credibility for the station. McNeil was an obscure producer and North a former hot dog vendor. It was Boers that made me start listening back in 92. And of all the guys on the air at the time, he was the dude that was most well rounded when it came to Sports too. McNeil didn't care about anything but Football and Hockey, and all North cared about was being a "meatball fan". Jiggetts never had an opinion about anything and it was obvious that all he cared about was not offending anyone to keep his job.
It was Boers that stirred the drink and not a coincidence that of all of the original guys, he was the one that lasted the longest. I disagree strongly with the notion that he rode coattails.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:

I remember when the Score was launched as a pilot station you could call it. Of all the of the original Score guys, he was the one that was really the known quantity imo. It surely wasn't either North or Dan Mcneil. Not even Jiggetts either. It was Boers given his work with the Chicago Sun Times and the Sports Reporters. He was the dude that helped provide credibility for the station. McNeil was an obscure producer and North a former hot dog vendor. It was Boers that made me start listening back in 92. And of all the guys on the air at the time, he was the dude that was most well rounded when it came to Sports too. McNeil didn't care about anything but Football and Hockey, and all North cared about was being a "meatball fan". Jiggetts never had an opinion about anything and it was obvious that all he cared about was not offending anyone to keep his job.
It was Boers that stirred the drink and not a coincidence that of all of the original guys, he was the one that lasted the longest. I disagree strongly with the notion that he rode coattails.

Tom Shaer was the flagship guy at the beginning, wasn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Tom Shaer was the flagship guy at the beginning, wasn't he?

I forgot about him. Possibly because he was on WMAQ but it it never felt that way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:34 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:

I think that your assessment is pretty accurate. People forget that Terry wasn't even a full time employee when the station started. The HFC was being split between Terry and Hanley. Terry came on FT in August.

Terry was still essential to the Score's success. But Mike and Mac were guys spending free time on week ends making appearances to get the station's name out to the general public.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I 100% agree with you that he gave the station credibility.

He did not stir the drink. His notion of what the Score should be was no different than what Chet was already offering. It would have failed if it followed Terry's vision. North and Mac defined what the station became.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:39 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He did not stir the drink. His notion of what the Score should be was no different than what Chet was already offering. It would have failed if it followed Terry's vision. North and Mac defined what the station became.

North's interview with Michael McCaskey is what launched the station out of the shadows.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The most popular segment in the station's history was launched on a question which Boers asked Mike Ditka. Who at the time, was arguably the most popular figure in this city along with Michael Jordan and Walter Payton.
Boers was the only person at the station who knew sports and had some semblance of a personality. I don't care much about what went on backstage. What I listened to on the air was what mattered most to me.
He was easily the funniest guy there, and the dude who knew the most about sports too. And also the guy who did the least when it came to being a homer as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are other people who have promoted podcasts on here before. Somehow I must have missed it when their "Govt" name was blasted throughout the CFMB airwaves.
Who?

Why is the govt name fine on the vast internet but verboten on a tiny dopey messageboard? Especially after the promotion. Not uncomfortable in the big world, but uncomfortable here? I respect Nas' wishes, we all should, but I know three people's first names here and they haven't said boo about it when others have addressed them as so. What is the explanation that I'm not seeing? If this place is skull and bones, I'd like to be informed about it and attend the ritual.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Just call me deni$. Or penis. I could care less.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:
Just call me deni$. Or penis. I could care less.

Just get on the Gulfstream and shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

There really isn't.
Your best post ever, Bob.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are other people who have promoted podcasts on here before. Somehow I must have missed it when their "Govt" name was blasted throughout the CFMB airwaves.
Who?

Why is the govt name fine on the vast internet but verboten on a tiny dopey messageboard? Especially after the promotion. Not uncomfortable in the big world, but uncomfortable here? I respect Nas' wishes, we all should, but I know three people's first names here and they haven't said boo about it when others have addressed them as so. What is the explanation that I'm not seeing? If this place is skull and bones, I'd like to be informed about it and attend the ritual.

We've had people contact employers and get someone fired because of what they posted here. Some of us have colorful, tongue in cheek comments or post things we wouldn't want attributed to us by a Google search. Someone who isn't one of us may cringe or question why anyone would willingly be associated with the things that have been posted on this site. It's a safe space for pantsless sports fans. We operate by a code that is universally understood by all.

My preference has been to keep my name and likeness off this site. In the past, I've politely asked others not to share my image when I've attended board events. I've moved into the phase of life where I don't give a shit. It's why I didn't protest when Deni(s) shared my image or asked the Wisemen to delete the post when Bob or WFR posted my name. I have a unique name, but fortunately, there are MANY of me, even in Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:39 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who?

I like to think well of all of my fellow board members but don't assume the good intentions of everyone here

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The most popular segment in the station's history was launched on a question which Boers asked Mike Ditka. Who at the time, was arguably the most popular figure in this city along with Michael Jordan and Walter Payton.
Boers was the only person at the station who knew sports and had some semblance of a personality. I don't care much about what went on backstage. What I listened to on the air was what mattered most to me.
He was easily the funniest guy there, and the dude who knew the most about sports too. And also the guy who did the least when it came to being a homer as well.

I think our disconnect is here: Terry wouldn't have had the inclination or creativity to make that Ditka moment into the greatest bit in the station's history. I don't doubt he had his funny moments on the air.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:46 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who?

Nas pretty much summed it up. If he wants his name known, then it's his story to tell. Not Bob's or anyone else's. I'm sure the 3 you know volunteered the information to you. Which is their choice. Frankly, with SOME of the creeps and weirdos that frequent the joint, I could see why he wouldn't want his name known.
And it's fairly obvious what "good ol boy" Bob was trying to do by his frequent dropping of the name. Just as pitchfork carrying WFR was trying to do. I doubt very seriously if either would have did the same if they'd known your name. Or anyone else that wasn't of the "diversity" variety. In fact I'm sure that NAS' Govt name isn't the only one that either of those 2 happen around here. But I'm fairly certain that his is the only one which they have ever dropped. Coincidence? I say not.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next