It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Show - 07/18
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:38 am 
1000 CLUB

This morning, after Mike says that the Rowand/Thome trade was a bad trade for the White Sox because they never replaced Rowand (that part is true), he then went on to say that they didn't get enough for Freddy Garcia, saying that Gavin Floyd is gone (probably referring to the 1 start he had in the double-header), but yet neither Mike/Fred mentioned that the key to that trade is Gio Gonzalez - his name never came up, and although Fred did say that Garcia is broken down now, Mike just continued to say they should have gotten more - and never once mentioning Gonzalez (though he would probably just say if he's not in the majors, he's no help)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:47 am 

Fred did a nice job of debating the issue. He pointed out that the Sox desperately needed left handed power (thome) and had to give up quality to get quality. I wish he would have also mentioned that the Sox are paying Thome far below market rate for a player of his quality. Also Gio Gonzalez IS lighting up AA right now.

In the end, all KW had to do was acquire an average MLB CF and this whole debate would be moot. Unfortunately he was wrong in his talent evaluation of Anderson and gambled on the health of Erstad.

Still the real story is that Fred debated the point. Good to see that Fred and well done. It brings a new and interesting dynamic to the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
No, the story is that -- once again -- Mikey didn't do his homework.
I love how Pappy critcizes Uribe for quitting and not giving 100 percent, and he does the same thing with his radio show.
He usually sounds unprepared. He doesn't remember the contract status of certain players, like Uribe, even though you could tell that he planned on doing a bash session on the player during his four-hour stint.
The segment "Mike's Rants" is just piece to the unprepared puzzle that is the MNMS. I heard one rant today where a caller asked about the Lake Michigan polluting, and all Mike did was take shots at Obama being on Oprah. Where's the shot at the oil companies Mikey? At least one other occassion, he said that he didn't see thing that someone was asking about.
These fly-at-the-seat-of-the-pants bits don't work.
Mike doesn't do the homework needed to provide sufficient data for most of the discussion that takes place on the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy's just a dumb loud mouth man. You're right. He's never prepared and has no critical thinking ability. None.

He's like an infant. Put someting shiny in front of him and that's will occupy him.

The Thome for Rowand thing is a perfect example. "Well hey dey won da World Series with him and dey didn't win without him."

He's got no depth or perspective to any of his reason. He has no grasp of the sports scene and only sees the surface. He doesn't see that well either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Like on a cold day in the winter, he will say, "Where is dis global warming? It's freezin out dere, Chicago."

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Beardown wrote:
Pappy's just a dumb loud mouth man. You're right. He's never prepared and has no critical thinking ability. None.

He's like an infant. Put someting shiny in front of him and that's will occupy him.

The Thome for Rowand thing is a perfect example. "Well hey dey won da World Series with him and dey didn't win without him."

He's got no depth or perspective to any of his reason. He has no grasp of the sports scene and only sees the surface. He doesn't see that well either.

Hmm. Or maybe a "voice man." E.g., you call him up/listen to him to hear that authentic Chicago accent, talking about sports stuff.. or politics... or railing on stuff "on demand".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

chus wrote:
Like on a cold day in the winter, he will say, "Where is dis global warming? It's freezin out dere, Chicago."

He'd be right. Ask yourself a question, how were the Great Lakes formed? I know a dumbass kid like you should know the answer.