Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:16 am 
1000 CLUB

Great point.

Mike? Mob ties? forgetaboutit!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Here's a good tie in for both. From the Sun Time mob trial coverage the other day:

Quote:
Nicholas Calabrese knew he was not entering an easy life.

"If you got an order to go kill someone, you'd have to do it," Nicholas Calabrese said.

Nicholas Calabrese did not limit his violence to people.

Once, he cut the head off a puppy and put it in someone's car to send a message, according to court testimony earlier in the day.

How about it Mikey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:35 am 

Do you choose the money....OR THE MOB?!?!?!?!

Post subject: In fairness
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
hootmon wrote:
Here's a good tie in for both. From the Sun Time mob trial coverage the other day:

Quote:

"If you got an order to go kill someone, you'd have to do it," Nicholas Calabrese said.

Once, he cut the head off a puppy and put it in someone's car to send a message, according to court testimony earlier in the day.

How about it Mikey?

For the record, Pappy did mention this "puppy" story and called Calabrese a scumbag (or something to that effect).

I do agree with the other comments regarding North's romanticized views of the Mafia. He seems to think that they're really good guys who only hurt those that deserve it (i.e. rats). Funny how he doesn't view gang-bangers the same way...I wonder why?. :wink:

Post subject: Re: In fairness
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
hootmon wrote:

Quote:

How about it Mikey?

I think you guys are stretching here.....The mob is portrayed a lot differently than how it actually is, and Mike just watches the movies. I don't think it's much more than that than.

For the record, Pappy did mention this "puppy" story and called Calabrese a scumbag (or something to that effect).

I do agree with the other comments regarding North's romanticized views of the Mafia. He seems to think that they're really good guys who only hurt those that deserve it (i.e. rats). Funny how he doesn't view gang-bangers the same way...I wonder why?. :wink:

Post subject: The Mob
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:55 am 

[
I think you guys are stretching here.....The mob is portrayed a lot differently than how it actually is, and Mike just watches the movies. I don't think it's much more than that than.

I think your post got jammed in-between the previous quote. But I believe you are saying that The Mob is not as bad as it's portrayed in the movies or in the public's mind?

Post subject: Re: The Mob
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:28 am 
1000 CLUB

JROCK1956 wrote:
[

I think your post got jammed in-between the previous quote. But I believe you are saying that The Mob is not as bad as it's portrayed in the movies or in the public's mind?

What I'm saying is that the mob is glorified in movies/television. People like watching those types of movies, and while their lifestyle in those movies are violent/dangerous, they are not necessarily viewed as vicious peoples, it's just sort of the way things are instead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
BD wrote:
What I'm saying is that the mob is glorified in movies/television. People like watching those types of movies, and while their lifestyle in those movies are violent/dangerous, they are not necessarily viewed as vicious peoples, it's just sort of the way things are instead

I agree that the movies are often guilty of glorifying the mob & that North clearly loves the genre. However, he has also implied on numerous occasions that he is quite-acquainted with many of those rumored to be "well connected" :wink: .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:

I agree that the movies are often guilty of glorifying the mob & that North clearly loves the genre. However, he has also implied on numerous occasions that he is quite-acquainted with many of those rumored to be "well connected" :wink: .

It makes sense that he would brag about that because he thinks their lifestyle is exciting.