It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barrett Interview
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I have to give credit to North. Barrett was trying to just make happy talk and North kept trying to pin him down on whether he was the "clubhouse rat" that has been speculated. I found it interesting that Barrett didn't categorically deny the charge. Mike kept coming back to it to give him a chance to confirm or deny.
Overall, I thought Mikey Two Times did a good job with him trying to get some info rather than just cliches. Kudos of the day to Mikey--now don't fuck it up during the rest of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Now wouldnt that be the obvious question? i think you're giving dipshit way too much credit. I just heard him the other day talking to Fred about signing bonuses and the NFL salary cap. North actually thought that signing bonus did NOT go towards the cap. The Niners and Cowboys were doing this salarycap/signing bonus juggling inn the 90's. And another day I heard North comparing Buehrle to other aces on other teams. He couldnt name one A's pitcher among other teams. Mike is still a joke and I believe he prepares less now than he ever has.

Post subject: My 2 cents
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I thought the interview was pretty good. In fact I think the Mike does generally asks the tough questions when warranted.

What I thought was odd was that Barrett seemed to avoid answering pretty much every question in a direct manner. If it was just the "rat in the clubhouse" question I would say he was definitely guilty. But he did the same thing throughout the interview (although there did seem to be some smoke there).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:04 pm 

Interviewing school 101

Don't turn a 15 second question into a 50 second question

Don't turn your 50 second question into 3 different sub questions

Don't speculate and half answer the question for the person you are asking it to.

After your 50 second question give the interviewee at least 20 seconds of mic time before interrupting/talking over him.

Didn't hear todays interview but this seems to be some of his bad habits. The content of the questions are usually pretty good but work on the delivery buddy.