It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike beat M&M?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

From the MJH section - http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... me-utility

God help us all

I am just curious though, is the system still flawed, or is that only when you lose?

After all, my M&M coverage is from ESPN2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:12 am 

So based on those numbers I'm sure he will get an increase in salary and and a new contract! I guess that goes to show you. If you throw enough SH*T against the wall something is bound to stick!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:23 am 
1000 CLUB

I don't hate Mike like a lot of others seem to do, but I think it looks extremely petty to continue knocking him, at least for today, after he finally got a ratings victory. Yeah, it took long enough, and chances are, it will be short lived, but I think he's earned a day here.

Post subject: Re: Mike beat M&M?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
torch! wrote:
From the MJH section - http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... me-utility

God help us all

I am just curious though, is the system still flawed, or is that only when you lose?

After all, my M&M coverage is from ESPN2

It's still flawed. But I'm sure Mikey's having a good time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:03 am 

As the old adage goes, no one has ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American people, or in this case, the Chicago sports fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 am 
1000 CLUB

We hammer North when his ratings suck, so I think we should compliment him when things are going well. With that said "Congrats Pappy!" .... get back to sportstalk - get rid of the distractions (Maxfield) - and good things will happen.

I am getting tired of ESPN's "AGENDA" of jamming large national stories down our throats on all of their nationally syndicated shows - and apparently I'm not the only one.

Keep it rollin' Pappy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Well, he did switch to talking more sports and they dumped Annie. I guess the moves, as suggested many times by this board, have paid off for the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:07 am 

I don't really care about ratings. What I do care about is that the show made a change for the better and the results are obvious. The show could still use a little tweaking, but the big 2 moves have already been done: return to sportstalk and lose Edie. I don't know who initiated the change, but I am glad it happened.

Now if I hear crazy presidential campaign discussions during the middle of a Bear super bowl run, I will go back to alternatives on the FM side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 am 

That racist prick won't invite me. He says its because his wife doesn't like me but I know the truth. He's afraid the property values will go down when his neighbors see me pulling up in my Wrangler with the top down and Bob Seeger blaring from the radio with the bass set at medium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:15 pm 

TeeLander wrote:
Mike and the Score could and should dominate ESPN every single book!

not sure how to put this but the Score needs a more Bar friendly afternoon gig.

An MJH remote is a good time, even though I have only attended 2, it was a good time rockus time, I went to one B&B remote and was like they are not really there. Drinky added some life during timeouts

The SCORE should dominate just by being first in the Chicago market and having a local slant on things. They should have first rate guests! Instead of paid weekly guests, who have the pleasure of being reamed at least once a month by a desperate morning personality. But they seem to be drowning in their own glory. EXAMPLE: Today I was listening to whoever the afternoon host was on ESPN. He was interviewing the former chemist for BALCO. It was a great interview where the host actually let the guest answer questions fully and without interruption. After the it was over, I swtched over to the SCORE and B&B were talking about sniffing paint thinner!
Enuff Said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm 

BD wrote:
I don't hate Mike like a lot of others seem to do, but I think it looks extremely petty to continue knocking him, at least for today, after he finally got a ratings victory. Yeah, it took long enough, and chances are, it will be short lived, but I think he's earned a day here.

The Pity Party ended for Mike 1 minute after he signed that hefty contract!
To quote Richard Pryor......for that kinda money you better be funny Mutha F***er!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
TeeLander wrote:
Mike and the Score could and should dominate ESPN every single book!

not sure how to put this but the Score needs a more Bar friendly afternoon gig.

An MJH remote is a good time, even though I have only attended 2, it was a good time rockus time, I went to one B&B remote and was like they are not really there. Drinky added some life during timeouts

I'll second that. I went to a B&B remote at the Fat Sams in Lockport a few years back. No interactions with the crowd, and acted like they didn't want to be bothered by anyone during the breaks. Same went for Hood when he was broadcasting solo from Bears camp a few years back (still with 670). MJH were friendly and spoke to the people, as were Silvy and Carmen back in the days.

Aside from some good perspectives (and sometimes, unusual), I never understood why people listened to B&B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
I've not had this experience. I've been to two or three Boers and Bernstein remotes, and Dan, Terry, and Matt have all taken time out between breaks to interact with people, myself specifically. Matt even came over and had a drink at our table at a break.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
I've not had this experience. I've been to two or three Boers and Bernstein remotes, and Dan, Terry, and Matt have all taken time out between breaks to interact with people, myself specifically. Matt even came over and had a drink at our table at a break.

Did you buy Drinky the drink?

Post subject: North Plan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:54 pm 

So I take it that North plan to get a new contract is to urge people to praise him. Seems odd that Hawk Harreslon and Steve Stone out of the blue take time to call in and praise the guy, Bebe must have cut a few checks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Did he take advantage of you ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)

Glad your experience with B&B was better than mine. Since, I think there have been two or three occassions, where they have been doing remotes close by to me, and I have passed on the chance to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Marty wrote:

Glad your experience with B&B was better than mine. Since, I think there have been two or three occassions, where they have been doing remotes close by to me, and I have passed on the chance to go.

You your first encounter was probably at the "wrong time of the month" for them.
Give them another chance. Maybe this time you will catch them on an off week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 pm 

Congrats Mike. You got a win in the ratings book.

Now, try and do it without creating contraversy, which was the reason you won. Had you not started the shit with the AJ and Ozzie Guillen, had you not been throwing racist remarks around, had you not started a shouting match with Don Cooper and insulted him and the Sox with insinuating they would just "lie down;" noone would of been paying any attention to your show.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Mike. But his manufactured "shock jock" bullshit was just to get the boost. Given now that he hasn't found a way to start shit this month, he'll need to create some form of tension with the Bears as they report to training camp to get another boost.

Here's a simple philosophy. Do good radio. Stop trying to skirt the lines, then playing the "Oh woe is me" card when you piss off an entire racial group with insensitive and ignorant remarks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Use guys want ta put da blame on Annie but remember one ting , she was here during dis ratings period and dat she should get sum of da credit along wit Fred.

I would also like to tank Fritzie, Da Coach , B , Dakotas, Lic (moment of silence..........) Tanks, Basta Pasta , dA cOACH , Jiggs , the Little guys, Tony's deli, adopt a pet, Jilly's , my cab driver, Da Coach , Jessie Rodgers, Ozzie, da blacks , jews, Chinese and any other race, creed or chruch group I offended.

Tanks ,

Pappy. :wink:

These views are soley those of Stu-Gotz and does not reflect the opinions of said board members or the dude who runs it. Send all litagation and threatening letters to me"STU GOTZ" at 1260 W. Addison Chicago il, 60056. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Dats exaccly right.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:02 am 

Interesting tidbit in Teddy's column today....

While preliminary ratings indicated WSCR-AM 670 morning man Mike North beat WMVP's "Mike and Mike," an hour-by-hour examination shows a virtual dead heat, depending on the demographic. And among men 25-54, Greenberg and Golic edged out North 4.9-4.7.

So what is Mike's response to this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

While preliminary ratings indicated WSCR-AM 670 morning man Mike North beat WMVP's "Mike and Mike," an hour-by-hour examination shows a virtual dead heat, depending on the demographic. And among men 25-54, Greenberg and Golic edged out North 4.9-4.7.

It's tough to compete against guys who were just on Letterman....or something like that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Quote:

F-L-A-W-E-D

Quite purposeofafully by people who don'ts know nuttin about dis ere radio biz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:37 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

now, now, now. Don't start putting in things like facts in this here thread. That might upset Pappy.