It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
"One analyst speculated that because listeners fill out their diaries at the end of each month, it could have had an effect." From Teddys Column

I have lived in Chicago my whole life, and I have never been asked about the radio stations I listen nor do I know anyone of my friends that listen to Sports radio that have been asked, or as far as I know have a diary (for Radio or otherwise)

I actually did agree with North that ratings are skewed, actually I think they are not even close to reality.

I am not posting this to discredit Mike's latest book, but I can take 6 of my best friends who are big sports fans and they all listen to ESPN, while I do listen to ESPN I listen to WSCR more, so I am the exception.

Ratings up? Annie Out? Hmmmmmmmm?

Gotta go look for a diary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 am 

Wasn't WMET 95.5 on the dial?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:55 pm 

I have answered this previously, but since I'm not too slick with the computer, I'll just rewrite. I have filled out radio diaries in both '97 and '04. You receive a postcard from some company in Maryland. If you're are interested then you call them back and tell them as much. They then get your demos, and ask how many adults are in the house who want to participate. I took 2 the first time and three the second. I filled them all out myself taking care of Mac, Jesse and Murph.....My guys!!!! I got a five spot in the mail to fill them out. I think 5 per book. You get assigned a specific one week period to tell them of your radio listening habits. There is at least a seven year wait between receiving diaries untill I'm eligible to receive a book again.