It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:02 am 

Anyone else hear North mention he is going to open a restaurant in Elk Grove Village with his business partners this morning? I can see it already when the place opens he is going to non stop promotion like he did for 'Basta Pasta' which closed even with North's Obsessant promotion of the place over the years.

How many remotes is he gonna do from his new restaurant as well?

Last edited by polster on Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:14 am 

Basta Pasta used to be promoted by EVERYONE at the station. It was difficult to go a week without hearing the name Tino Antonocci. It always seemed to be crowded and then suddenly it closed.

Investment in a resaurant (or bar for that matter) is usually a vanity thing. Very few investors do more than make their money back and most lose some money. The managing partner can usually make himself some money though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:33 am 

All the hosts talked about it; amazing what free meals and little payola will do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:33 am 

GD is correct about all orginal Score kids hustling Tino's Edison Park eatery. I liked the place. Food and service were good... and it was not on my PGA Tour (Professional Guest Association, for the uninitiated).

Perhaps Mike sees an opportunity to get his name out there with the restaurant. He is one of the best self promoters in radio in a long, long time. And if the joint operates at a small loss, it does something solid for a cat at his income level: it improves his tax position.

Congrats to Mike and his staff for a good showing in the spring book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 am 

Excellent idea andy. It should be a Chinese restaurant. The waiters should all be white guys dressed to look like Jerry Lewis' imitation of a Chinese person, accent and all.

A mexican restaurant would be good as well. He could hire Antonio Mora to be the maitre de and force him to wear a sombrero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
good dolphin wrote:
Excellent idea andy. It should be a Chinese restaurant. The waiters should all be white guys dressed to look like Jerry Lewis' imitation of a Chinese person, accent and all.

A mexican restaurant would be good as well. He could hire Antonio Mora to be the maitre de and force him to wear a sombrero.

Dat's da ticket.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:53 am 
1000 CLUB

I actually think Pappy could succeed at this. Or at least break even.

This will be his post radio thing. Jen Jen will follow Pappy to the restaurant business. She'll be the hostess with the mostess.

Pappy will have her dressed up nicely for the patrons. She'll do whatever he asks.

Pappy will always be at the joint. He'll be dressed up in his mafia suit with Fritzy talking at a booth. He'll portray himself as Tony Saprano at The Bing. Everybody will think they are having some dangerous mafia like conversation when they look at them. In truth, it will be Pappy saying "Ya know Fritz, I don't care what dey say, da earth has to be flat."

Fred will go from being Pappy's radio bitch to his restaurant bitch.

Pappy - Dese tomatos aren't ripe. I told you to get ripe tomatos. (Bitch slapping Fred.)

Fred - I'm sorry Pappy. Please, please give me another chance. I'll get it right Pappy. I'm on it Pappy. I'll be back in 20 minutes with ripe ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jen can work the pole! Probably make some good money at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:02 pm 
Beardown wrote:
I actually think Pappy could succeed at this. Or at least break even.

This will be his post radio thing. Jen Jen will follow Pappy to the restaurant business. She'll be the hostess with the mostess.

Pappy will have her dressed up nicely for the patrons. She'll do whatever he asks.

Pappy will always be at the joint. He'll be dressed up in his mafia suit with Fritzy talking at a booth. He'll portray himself as Tony Saprano at The Bing. Everybody will think they are having some dangerous mafia like conversation when they look at them. In truth, it will be Pappy saying "Ya know Fritz, I don't care what dey say, da earth has to be flat."

Fred will go from being Pappy's radio bitch to his restaurant bitch.

Pappy - Dese tomatos aren't ripe. I told you to get ripe tomatos. (Bitch slapping Fred.)

Fred - I'm sorry Pappy. Please, please give me another chance. I'll get it right Pappy. I'm on it Pappy. I'll be back in 20 minutes with ripe ones.

Funniest post I've read in a month. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:07 pm 

Mey Mitch I gots an idear
How about we do a Bears show from da new place I own?
How about every Sunday Night show from da new place?
How about I do a show from there every Friday?
How about we give away free salad coupons on all the stations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="good dolphin"]Excellent idea andy. It should be a Chinese restaurant. The waiters should all be white guys dressed to look like Jerry Lewis' imitation of a Chinese person, accent and all.

A mexican restaurant would be good as well. He could hire Antonio Mora to be the maitre de and force him to wear a sombrero.[/quote]

They should look like Rob Schneider does in the hilarious "Chuck & Larry" - (he plays an odd Japanese guy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
good dolphin wrote:
Excellent idea andy.

That's something you don't hear every day :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
He could invite anne to be a waitress/assistant, but then he'll send her home early with pay.