It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:05 pm 

Quote:
No, I am not going to ask him to apologize to Mark DeRosa for talking about him taking Steroids, because that is just one call and as a radio guy you do have to make predictions (Even if this one did go after his character)

but

I would like to hear Mike admit how wrong he was about Annie and the whole 'general talk' format.

It is obvious now to anyone, including you, that without her the show has improved.

You always say you are willing to admit when you are wrong and the fact is that you have not been more wrong about anything since you have been on the air.

Be the stand up guy you claim to be.

What's wrong with some of you people? It's SPORTS TALK RADIO, not religion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:16 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Quote:
No, I am not going to ask him to apologize to Mark DeRosa for talking about him taking Steroids, because that is just one call and as a radio guy you do have to make predictions (Even if this one did go after his character)

but

I would like to hear Mike admit how wrong he was about Annie and the whole 'general talk' format.

It is obvious now to anyone, including you, that without her the show has improved.

You always say you are willing to admit when you are wrong and the fact is that you have not been more wrong about anything since you have been on the air.

Be the stand up guy you claim to be.

What's wrong with some of you people? It's SPORTS TALK RADIO, not religion.

I think it would be easier to get Mike North to admit he's wrong than to get a religion to admit they were wrong on anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:09 pm 

I see Teelanders point, Mike guarnteed that the MNMS was going to be huge, great and for that to happen, he had to have total control and hand pick his staff. 2 of the "key pieces" he picked are gone and now he is left with a cocktail waitress as his producer and Rock, who is a good sound guy, but its not like he has any control over the show. He has lost book after book to Mike and Mike, but all Mike can do is make excuses how Management isnt promoting his show, the rating system is flawed and Paul Agase is out to get him, but for sure, its never his fault.

His bits suck and he has totally removed any listener interaction from his show and it hurts it, no matter what he says. Mike is the perfect example of what happens when someone gets a littel power and Money, he lost touch with what made him good because he thinks now, he is reinventing radio, which he isnt, he is actually setting WSCR back ten years by allowing a sub par program to continue its death spiral because his ego wont allow him to address the show and changes.

Mike has quit tryin to make his show better, he is just collecting a check and when the time comes for a contract, he is going to cry how he isnt getting any respect and how if Managment would have worked with him, the MNMS could have worked, but what he is forgetting is they did work with him and he dropped the ball time after time after time and now its time for him to face the music and that will not be pretty.

Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
RodeoVann wrote:
I see Teelanders point, Mike guarnteed that the MNMS was going to be huge, great and for that to happen, he had to have total control and hand pick his staff. 2 of the "key pieces" he picked are gone and now he is left with a cocktail waitress as his producer and Rock, who is a good sound guy, but its not like he has any control over the show. He has lost book after book to Mike and Mike, but all Mike can do is make excuses how Management isnt promoting his show, the rating system is flawed and Paul Agase is out to get him, but for sure, its never his fault.

His bits suck and he has totally removed any listener interaction from his show and it hurts it, no matter what he says. Mike is the perfect example of what happens when someone gets a littel power and Money, he lost touch with what made him good because he thinks now, he is reinventing radio, which he isnt, he is actually setting WSCR back ten years by allowing a sub par program to continue its death spiral because his ego wont allow him to address the show and changes.

Mike has quit tryin to make his show better, he is just collecting a check and when the time comes for a contract, he is going to cry how he isnt getting any respect and how if Managment would have worked with him, the MNMS could have worked, but what he is forgetting is they did work with him and he dropped the ball time after time after time and now its time for him to face the music and that will not be pretty.

Just my opinion.

Summed up pretty nicely. I can't disagree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:35 pm 

Mike has elevated himself to just another show on the Score. At least this time he tries to do somethings, as terrible as they are, it is still better than when he was solo in the middays.

he thinks the audience is his and he gives very little cerdence to the origin of his audience being sports radio fans and not Mike North fans as he thinks.

Offer Mike his $500K and if he wants to walk, let him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

RodeoVann wrote:

Just my opinion.
You miss the real point. Mike thought that he would compete for morning radio dominance with WGN when he hired Annie and they were going to offer "so much more than sports". Well, not only did Mike and Mike kick his ass, but he came in about 23rd in the market. Never made the top ten, never came close to even sniffing WGN, WLS, WBBM like he thought he would. He is a niche market guy, not a dominant radio personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:35 pm 

Quote:
You miss the real point. Mike thought that he would compete for morning radio dominance with WGN when he hired Annie and they were going to offer "so much more than sports". Well, not only did Mike and Mike kick his ass, but he came in about 23rd in the market. Never made the top ten, never came close to even sniffing WGN, WLS, WBBM like he thought he would. He is a niche market guy, not a dominant radio personality.

Agreed, but when does Mr. Tell it like it is going to take the heat for his failures? That is my issue with him, he made this mess, now he is doing his best to distance himself from any blame and hanging others out to dry for it, that is being a complete jagoff in my opinion. North hasnt taken one ounce of blame for this mess, that is just being a weasle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
RodeoVann wrote:
Quote:

Agreed, but when does Mr. Tell it like it is going to take the heat for his failures? That is my issue with him, he made this mess, now he is doing his best to distance himself from any blame and hanging others out to dry for it, that is being a complete jagoff in my opinion. North hasnt taken one ounce of blame for this mess, that is just being a weasle.

Anyone remember him on CLTV SportsPage prior to taking this morning gig? He said something like, his career is on the line, and if this fails, there goes his career. Did anyone ever buy into that anyways?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
He just said, and I quote,"Believe me, when I am wrong, I will let you know."

We're waiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
And then she says," shut up you fat, talentless load, you are getting a paycheck."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Chus wrote:
And then she says," shut up you fat, talentless load, you are getting a paycheck. Now get the fuck back to Walgreens and sell some razors so we can keep eating at Bonefish grill"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:10 pm 

I for one will always be a Mike North Fan. He saved the Bulls and that insufferable Jerry Reinsdorf from making a colossal mistake and letting Skiles go away. Skiles didn't realize that when Riensdorf says negotiate a contract he actually means I will make you an offer and you can negotiate with yourself how you will tell me yes or no. Mike told Skiles, please call Reinsdorf and tell him you are sorry and you accept the contract or the Bulls will be lost for many more years.
You are right however about the good old days of Ebony and Ivory. Uncle Fuzzy. Jay Hood. The Heavy Fuel Crew. The stuck up morning guy. 60 minutes with Murph. Before the moron Berstein. It was some great Chicago radio with all the corns and warts and I loved it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
This type of comment makes me really take your statements about Bernstein with a Silo full of salt.
Mike North "saved" the Bulls?
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

zzbob wrote:
I for one will always be a Mike North Fan. He saved the Bulls and that insufferable Jerry Reinsdorf from making a colossal mistake and letting Skiles go away. .

And you will always be a moron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Keeping Score wrote:
Fuck you and fuck off S.I.D

The dude has a total of 4 posts.

Way to roll out the welcome mat you fucking pussy.

zzbob is actually a "moron" because of his North/Skiles belief?

This is the reason why this forum, as well as most others are dead. People can't even come into the Mike North forum - yes the Mike fricken North forum, and say something nice about the guy - without getting personally attacked.

Meanwhile, all the guys who "don't listen to the show", "just happened to wake up and the North show was on" "don't like the show but can't help listening for the trainwreck" etc..... etc.... are the ones who come in here, time after time, just to tell you how much the show sucks, how much Mike sucks, Jen Jen sucks, Fred sucks, Rock sucks......and on and on.

Day after day. Broken record after broken record.

Why do you put yourself through such misery if it's so damn bad?

Same thing happens in Murph's forum, Dan Patrick's, used to happen in Salisbury and Rosenbloom etc.....

This is why for some people, all that is left to enjoy is the General Discussion forum, which is quite sad really, since this is primarily a Chicago Sports message board.

Uh, the guy made a moronic post, and subsequently got called out on it

Deal with it

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:03 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Fuck you too Packer Pussy.

The dude just joined like 3 days ago.

It IS the North forum. He can't say something nice about Mike without being a called a moron?

Fuckin Green and Gold snatch

Are you like the official Mike North Handjob Bitch or something? People say negative shit about North cuz North is a fucking moron and deuschbag and deserves the critiicism, and this guy tried to claim that North, who has demonstrated his stunning lack of NBA knowledge many times, saved Bulls basketball. That type of absurd statement deserves the response it got

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:13 pm 

No, Sport, I didnt, but i dont need to. The idea that a meatball like North convinced Skiles to resign, and that he alone is the sole reason, is so idiotic that it pretty much speaks for itself. Teelander saying Pax most likely would have taken care of business, imo, is an accurate reflection of the situation, and i am very familiar with the situation as i am a huge NBA fan so unless you are trying to back up zzbobs statement, im not sure what your point in this particular thread is

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan86 wrote:
No, Sport, I didnt, but i dont need to. The idea that a meatball like North convinced Skiles to resign, and that he alone is the sole reason, is so idiotic that it pretty much speaks for itself. Teelander saying Pax most likely would have taken care of business, imo, is an accurate reflection of the situation, and i am very familiar with the situation as i am a huge NBA fan so unless you are trying to back up zzbobs statement, im not sure what your point in this particular thread is

I think Mike's interview with Skiles was great. It's probably impossible to know if he got through to Skiles, and maybe Paxson was just pushing this as far as he could go without losing him, but that intereview was a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keeping Score wrote:
BD wrote:
FavreFan86 wrote:

I think Mike's interview with Skiles was great. It's probably impossible to know if he got through to Skiles, and maybe Paxson was just pushing this as far as he could go without losing him, but that intereview was a classic.

I love you BD

You'd have to be either A) deaf or B) North Hater to not think that was a great interview.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
And yes, I AM the official Mike North Handjob Bitch, HOWEVER, this is probably the first time in like half a year that I've jumped into one of these negative threads.

And I'm not even defending Mike here. This is about a new guy, a new poster, who's been here for 3 days, who wishes to say something good about Mike, in Mike's own forum, and can't even do so without being personally attacked and called a moron.

He may have went a bit overboard in saying that Mike saved the Bulls, but it doesn't make him a moron.

I happen to strongly agree that Mike did in fact do something to Skiles that morning. He may have been the one who convinced him to stay, or he may have just been the one who got Skiles started down the path on changing his stance. He may even possibly had nothing to do with changing Scott's tune, but if you heard that interview, you almost heard Skiles start to change his attitude during it. You could sense it, feel it.

If nothing else, that interview was compelling, as are many of North's interviews.

I will concede that, its a quality North shares with Patrick, and that is there undeniable ability to do great interviews.

Unfortunately I believe that is pretty much their only positive attribute

To rock my soul

Post subject: Would you believe Pax?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan86 wrote:

I would never say that North's interview was the "sole reason" behind Skiles decision to stick with the Bulls - but even John Paxson has gone on record as stating it was clearly a factor in his re-thinking the situation. :D

Post subject: Mike North
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:19 pm 

I am new to this forum......have been listening tothe Score from the beginning..............they (the score) have sold out us the listeners a long time ago to their precious sponsors.
Every other fucking minute is sponserd it is ridiculious.

Post subject: Re: Mike North
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
TheSerb wrote:
Every other fucking minute is sponserd it is ridiculious.

How silly of them to try to make money in their business, Slobodan.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Serbians hate capitalism.

Germans love David Hasselhoff.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject: Mike North
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:20 pm 

You can make money without becoming "cheesy" and read live commercials in the middle of doing a interview.........that would be "brain dead radio" for the brain dead.
I love money............honey.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:24 pm 

TheSerb wrote:
You can make money without becoming "cheesy" and read live commercials in the middle of doing a interview.........that would be "brain dead radio" for the brain dead.

Um, they do that on every station everywhere and have probably been doing it since Guillermo Marconi invented the radio. Where have you been?

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Kid Cairo wrote:
TheSerb wrote:

Um, they do that on every station everywhere and have probably been doing it since Guillermo Marconi invented the radio. Where have you been?

Maybe they don't have radio in Serbia.

Here's an interesting fact about Serbia: Serbia grows about one-third of the world's raspberries and is the leading frozen fruit exporter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:11 pm 

Coach Crapowski wrote:
Don't confuse inventors there, Kid. Radio was invented by Mike North. Marconi invented the giardinera that North plugs.

:lol:
You're right. I forgot about that.