It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:31 am 
1000 CLUB

This comment shows the stupidity of Pappy.

On CLTV tonight, he said "I hope Rowand is in dis Iguchi trade. It seems like dey just gave Iguchi away."

He meant it. What a meat ball. He was acting like maybe Rowand is a late edition of this trade or something. Rowand is a free agent next year Pappy. They can get him for free. Why would Philly want to trade a starter when they're trading for Iguchi for a division push? Why would the Sox want to add him in a nothing season when they'll have to bid for him next year anyway? They can bid for him without giving up anything if they want him.

Yes Pappy, they did just get rid of Iguchi. If they want him they can still get him in the off season as a free agent. But they don't want him any way. Pappy doesn't get any of this.

I remember last year Pappy said "Why did da Cubs trade Maddux."

He doesn't get the fact that these guys are free agents. The Cubs last year and the Sox this year aren't in a position to trade for guys in the last year of contracts for a no where season. That's also why teams trade guys in the last year of contracts when they are out of the race. Pappy is so stupid not to understand this.

Stupid comments like wondering if the Sox will get Rowand in a trade piss me off most with Pappy. Above everything else about him. His stupidity is the most frustrating. This latest comment shows he has no grasp about what the hell he is talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:18 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
He is at it again this morning. He must have confused Iguchi with Ryne Sandberg or Joe Morgan.

1. How do you even pronounce Richar's name, I have heard it five ways.
Even if someone explained it to you Pappy, you still wouldn't understand.

2. How do you just dump this guy, while Uribe plays everyday?
No one wants that turd Uribe, and this was a move to see if Richar can play, which is what you should do when your season is over. Again Pappy, Iguchi is average at best, and he is in a free agent year, you can always resign him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:24 am 
1000 CLUB

This is typical North not having a clue. An intelligent fan knows why Iguchi was traded, but North would rather use the emotional angle to this to try and get support for his position because logically it makes no sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I thought they were going to start talking about food at any minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:13 am 
1000 CLUB

- They can resign Iguchi if they want him.

- The season is over and they let go of about 1.5 million for the last 1/3 of the season. Smart business.

- The Sox have a young kid that they can now watch for 2 months. If he is good you have a cheap 2nd baseman. You also have a guy you control for 5 years. One less guy to spend money on next year. Money can go else where.

- What they got for Iguchi is all they could get. If they could have gotton more they would have.

There is absolutly no down side to the trade. It's the smart thing for the Sox to do. It's smart for any team to do this in the Sox position. Pappy's a meat ball idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:16 am 

I think we should have traded for the neighborhood kids that helped Aaron Rowand injure himself. They have the fire and the passion.

In fact, that's probably all Contreras is worth now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

- The season is over and they let go of about 1.5 million for the last 1/3 of the season. Smart business.

- The Sox have a young kid that they can now watch for 2 months. If he is good you have a cheap 2nd baseman. You also have a guy you control for 5 years. One less guy to spend money on next year. Money can go else where.

- What they got for Iguchi is all they could get. If they could have gotton more they would have.

There is absolutly no down side to the trade. It's the smart thing for the Sox to do. It's smart for any team to do this in the Sox position. Pappy's a meat ball idiot.

As long as Aaron Rowand is on the Phillies, and this is now two trades they've made over the past year, North wil just continue being a moron on this issue. His position makes no sense, and the logic behind trading Iguchi, as you pointed out, is smart from both the financial aspect, and the opporutinty to see Richar play the next two months.

If the White Sox had kept Iguchi, and played him at 2B the remainder of the season, and then let Richar become the starter in the off-season, he would say the White Sox are turning the position over to a guy who they have no idea about. On top of that, Iguchi sucked this season, so North is just flat out wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

As long as Aaron Rowand is on the Phillies, and this is now two trades they've made over the past year, North wil just continue being a moron on this issue. His position makes no sense, and the logic behind trading Iguchi, as you pointed out, is smart from both the financial aspect, and the opporutinty to see Richar play the next two months.

If the White Sox had kept Iguchi, and played him at 2B the remainder of the season, and then let Richar become the starter in the off-season, he would say the White Sox are turning the position over to a guy who they have no idea about. On top of that, Iguchi sucked this season, so North is just flat out wrong.

This is just like the 85 Bears to Pappy, he is just going to reminisce about the WS lineup and the "good old days" from now until the end of time. I believe he was thinking out loud this morning about a lineup with Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, Dye, etc. for next year. If they could reassemble that lineup position for position I think he would be in heaven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
After the doubleheader sweep of Detroit on Tuesday, Pappy was leading the Podsednik parade. "Dey just win with Pods in der, who is dis Jerry Owens anyway". Of course his lap dog chimed in, "you're right Pappy, they are 13-8 with Pods in the lineup".

I wonder what Pappy thinks about the terrible defensive play Friday night on Thomas's high pop up that hit Pods in the back because he climbed the wall like Spiderman, that led to three runs and almost cost the game. Not to mention three ground outs, including a double play, with men on base. Or the awful defense he displayed yesterday.

Pappy, they won in 2005 because they had the best starting pitching, the best bullpen, and they clubbed more than 200 homeruns. Pods was just a part, not the main cog. As Bernsie says, he is just a guy. We need to find out what Owens is.