It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ex-Sox beat the Cub
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Turned on the show at 6 am expecting to hear about the great Rowand knocking off the Cub and Mikey didn't disappoint. He also was throwing roses at Iguchi for his play also.

"I wonder if Kenny Williams is looking in the mirror telling himself how smart he is." (for trading these two).

Also this gem: "I heard Dye was going to the Red Sox for Willy Mo Pena and some minor leaguer. But then Ozzie found out the other guy wasn't Hispanic and he vetoed the trade. Do you think if Rowand and Iguchi were Hispanic they would still be on this team?"

Then he went on about how the Bulls could have gotten Garnett, but it quickly became apparent he didn't understand the financial aspects of trading in the NBA.

What a fantastic first 15 minutes of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:02 am 

North is a dumbfuck almost all the time, but nothing brings it out more sharply than his complete ignorance of things like the NBA Salary Cap, no-cut contracts, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Figures Pappy would say that. See what I mean. He can't see the big picture. Iguchi's homer was like flashing a shinny toy in front of an infant.

Pappy - Look at dat Fred. Iguchi hit a homer. Dat proves it was a bad trade.

Fred - Can't argue with that.

Hey Rock, can you please explain to that meat ball that no matter what Iguchi does for the Phillies it doesn't matter. That he is a free agent. That the Sox have the same chance to bid for him in the off season now that he's with the Phillies as opposed to him finishing out the season for the Sox. They don't want him but that's not the point. That the Sox are better off seeing this young kid play second base for the rest of the year. If he's good he's cheap and under control. That it doesn't matter if the player they got back is good. That Iguchi was a .250 hitter at the time of the trade any way.

Can you please tell him that Rock. He's not going to understand it but at least you can have a laugh at your stupid boss when he doesn't understand it.

Pappy - (Blank stare. Look of confusion) What are you talking about Rock? Iguchi hit a homer last night. Bad trade. Case closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Beardown wrote:
Figures Pappy would say that. See what I mean. He can't see the big picture. Iguchi's homer was like flashing a shinny toy in front of an infant.

Pappy - Look at dat Fred. Iguchi hit a homer. Dat proves it was a bad trade.

Fred - Can't argue with that.

Hey Rock, can you please explain to that meat ball that no matter what Iguchi does for the Phillies it doesn't matter. That he is a free agent. That the Sox have the same chance to bid for him in the off season now that he's with the Phillies as opposed to him finishing out the season for the Sox. They don't want him but that's not the point. That the Sox are better off seeing this young kid play second base for the rest of the year. If he's good he's cheap and under control. That it doesn't matter if the player they got back is good. That Iguchi was a .250 hitter at the time of the trade any way.

Can you please tell him that Rock. He's not going to understand it but at least you can have a laugh at your stupid boss when he doesn't understand it.

Pappy - (Blank stare. Look of confusion) What are you talking about Rock? Iguchi hit a homer last night. Bad trade. Case closed.

Is that a reference to the movie," Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control" ?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:10 am 
1000 CLUB

It's useless to explain get upset anymore when Mike tries to tell his audience that the Bulls should have traded for this guy or that guy...he doesn't care about the Salary Cap, and he doesn't pretend to factor it into his thinking.

Post subject: Re: Ex-Sox beat the Cub
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mike Tirico's Thigh Wedge wrote:
hootmon wrote:
Also this gem: "I heard Dye was going to the Red Sox for Willy Mo Pena and some minor leaguer. But then Ozzie found out the other guy wasn't Hispanic and he vetoed the trade. Do you think if Rowand and Iguchi were Hispanic they would still be on this team?"

Anyone have audio on this? He's pretty much accusing Ozzie of being a racist (and that Kenny is his flunky).

It is pretty hard not to label Pappy a racist, because he sees everything in terms of race.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way