It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:36 pm 

Long time reader of the board...I guess now's as good a time as any to chime in.

I haven't like the MNMS from the start. When the concept was introduced of covering different topics, I wanted to vomit. C'mon, guys...this is SPORTS TALK radio. I can go to other places on the dial to get the crap you're slinging. 1st Bad Idea...trying to leave the girl who got you to the dance in a chair on the side of the gym.

Many people have called the show a train wreck. They're right. As much as it flat out sucks...you can't keep from listening to see what ridiculous nonsense North spews. Here are my top reasons for disliking the MNMS...

MIKE IS ALWAYS RIGHT: No matter what opinions anyone else has, Mike has to have the last word AND has to be correct. Mike, there's something called humility which you seem to lack. Humility makes for good debate. You can realize when someone has a valid point that doesn't match yours and say, "You know what, I think you're right about that." But therein lies our problem. You surround yourself with lapdogs who do nothing (or aren't allowed to do anything) but agree with the odd and strange things you say.

THE BITS: Mike, as a guy who worked in Milwaukee radio for almost 8 years (I know it's not Chicago) I can honestly say your schtick sucks. You've ignored the listeners for far too long and only NOW you decide to work them back into the fold...but ever so slightly. You give your "Caller of the Day" award to the first person who demonstrates that he's awake, can speak in full sentences, and isn't drooling on himself when he calls in. You read E-mails as a staple of the show. You play highlights of games that we can hear at the top and bottom of the hours. You give us the Wild Card standings when any idiot with an IQ over 70 and the internet can find them himself. You give Kudos of the Day to animals and dead people. Bottom line, you glorify the ordinary and try to make is seem extra-ordinary. Ignore the dumb bits and just...talk...sports. Work the listeners' opinions in while you're at it. Listener participation can make for interesting radio. It works for other hosts, you know.

THE PEOPLE: For a show to work, it has to have dynamic personalities. With the MNMS, we have an ill-spoken, uneducated, ill-prepared hothead, a "yes man," a cocktail waitress, a college intern and an edgy soundman. I may be in the minority who enjoyed listening to Fred when he was paired with Murph in the mornings. Outside of that, Fred does know a bit about some things. He never gets the chance to get a word in edgewise with North. Jen...give it up. You can't read for radio. Learn the trade and then try again. Your news reports and weather updates sound hacked up and like you're reading them off the page. You need to sound conversational on the air. You clearly don't. Bascially, all the show consists of is Mike ranting his fool head off, Fred agreeing with him, and other random useless bits of information (like Mike telling us that his dog Lucky is a "cat.")

FINALLY: Mike is the CREEPY OLD GUY! The way he talks to Jen is outright CREEPY. He's like the old molester dude sitting on the park bench watching the teenage girls rollerblade. Mike, what would impress me more is if you actually did some show prep (other than just reading the papers because "that's what I've always done.") and stopped talking about Jen's outfit 'o the day. Let there be real, honest to God debate in the mornings. Let the listeners call in, disagree with you and get in fights with them! Your temper and energy can in fact be harnessed for good. Use it to make a better show and not keeping it up when Jen shows up in a hot, black top.

There...I'm off my soapbox. Long time reader...first time poster. I had a lot to get off my chest. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Welcome aboard Al. You said it all.

It doesn't matter what anybody says. He'll go in and do bad radio no matter what people say. But yeah, it does feel good to get it off your chest.

It's amazing that the Score management puts this meat ball on the radio. They give him 1.5 million as well. I think it shows that it's not to hard to be a radio exec. They ain't to bright.

They have an out. His contract expires soon. Will they be stupid and sign him again? You'd think not but it wouldn't shock me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
I'd change that avatar, Al. A lot of people will have some 'splainin to do at work, otherwise.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Alsippian = Anne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:31 pm 

nWo4Life wrote:
Alsippian = Anne

Anne wouldn't even know where to find Alsip on a map even though she did traffic for years at WGN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm 

Trust me, gents...I'm new to the board. Never posted until today. I'm not Annie Maxfield, Panther or anyone else you think may post here regularly.

Truth is, I'm a former DJ who worked for a couple of radio stations in Milwaukee. I work in a completely different industry now but still consider radio to be a passion of mine. I don't wanna give away too much about myself...not that anyone would really care to do research and try to find out who I am. Besides...isn't that the fun of these boards? That we're all anonymous to a degree?

I'm really just a "nobody" who considers himself a "Score P1." I've been a fan of the Score for years and feel that I can contribute to some of the discussions that go on here.

And just for you, Stink...I changed the avatar so no one will be fired from their respective jobs while posting here. I know we're not all "living in our mothers' basements with the lights off and our hands on our respective penises."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:06 pm 

The Alsippian wrote:
I know we're not all "living in our mothers' basements with the lights off and our hands on our respective penises."

I resemble that remark! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
The Alsippian wrote:
And just for you, Stink...I changed the avatar so no one will be fired from their respective jobs while posting here. I know we're not all "living in our mothers' basements with the lights off and our hands on our respective penises."

Muchas gracias, and welcome aboard. You just earned yourself one free jab with impunity at hockey because of your graciousness in quickly changing the avatar. Use it wisely, padawan.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:25 am 

Quote:
FINALLY: Mike is the CREEPY OLD GUY! The way he talks to Jen is outright CREEPY

I thought I was the only one who thought this. It's ok when someone her own age hits on her, but wrinkle, old DJ's is just CREEPY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Wow, he touched all the bases with that one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:34 am 
Excellent letter and kick ass avatar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
The Alsippian wrote:
You give Kudos of the Day...

When did he start that?

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6652

Now I know how Noisewater feels....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Reel it in a bit KS..The next thing we know were going to find out that you still live with your parnets and you ride a bike for transportation and your giving interviews at accident scenes. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Reel it in a bit KS..The next thing we know were going to find out that you still live with your parnets and you ride a bike for transportation and your giving interviews at accident scenes. :wink:

What color is his shirt Stu?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:55 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Ok, I'm game. Here's my first guess:

[/url]

How is it that you seem so normal half the time and the other half you are a raging lunatic?

The scary thing is that we seem to have a lot of the same tastes (at least in radio). Am I staring at my future when I look at your posts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Kid Cairo wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
What color is his shirt Stu?

He's a got a Periwinkle/chiffon colored shirt on today , I'm sure... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 am 
1000 CLUB

What's Jen Jen gonna say to Pappy about his creepy behavior towords her? She's in debt to him and Pappy knows that. He'll take advantage of that fact. If she stands up to him he'll just say "want to go back to serving drinks hun?"

It really is an amazing story for Jen Jen. One day she's serving Pappy the next day she's executive producer and news anchor on a major station doing morning drive.

Just think how her fate would have changed if, on the day Pappy walked into Gibsons, Jen Jen said to another girl. "Christ, you take the meatball at table 5. He's already looking at me with a weird grin."

Thank God she took that table and laughed at Pappy's jokes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:58 pm 

Ok ok...you got me pegged, KS. I'm man enough to admit when well done (albeit odd and stalkerish) research leads to the man behind the mask.

Can I still sit in my mom's basement and post here with y'all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The Alsippian wrote:
Ok ok...you got me pegged, KS. I'm man enough to admit when well done (albeit odd and stalkerish) research leads to the man behind the mask.

Can I still sit in my mom's basement and post here with y'all?

Will you have your hand on your member? Because I ain't with that shit.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Beardown wrote:
What's Jen Jen gonna say to Pappy about his creepy behavior towords her? She's in debt to him and Pappy knows that. He'll take advantage of that fact. If she stands up to him he'll just say "want to go back to serving drinks hun?"

It really is an amazing story for Jen Jen. One day she's serving Pappy the next day she's executive producer and news anchor on a major station doing morning drive.

Just think how her fate would have changed if, on the day Pappy walked into Gibsons, Jen Jen said to another girl. "Christ, you take the meatball at table 5. He's already looking at me with a weird grin."

Thank God she took that table and laughed at Pappy's jokes.

Good thing for her, she knows her role as cum dumpster.

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:06 pm 

No hands in the pants doing the Lance Dance here, my friend.